Birthday Boy

Wolf School 2

I've had a bad cold so it's been a while since I wrote anything but it's time for Baekhyun's birthday party.

Expect some trouble.

 

Chapter 32

“Hey, there's the birthday boy!”

Chen pointed to the doorway of the kitchen as Baekhyun appeared, his party hat at a jaunty angle. Chanyeol came in a step behind, his hand on his boyfriend's hip.

“Technically my birthday was yesterday,” Baekhyun reminded.

“But this is your party so it counts.” Chen blew his little party streamer.

Outside the kitchen and spilling into the corridor and then some other dorms too, Baekhyun's party was in full swing. Either everyone was just in the mood for a party or Baekhyun was very popular because the party was overflowing.

“Hey, do you even know half the people here?” asked Kris. He leant against the table which Chen was perched on, kicking his legs back and forth happily.

Baekhyun shrugged. “Most of them.”

“Have you seen Xiumin and Luhan?” Chanyeol glanced over his shoulder to make sure no one was eavesdropping.

“They're like opposite poles on a magnet.” Chen sipped his drink. “They repel each other.”

Kris massaged his fingers into his lover's hair who preened at the attention. “You're such a clever little drunk.”

“'m not drunk,” he slurred before taking another drink.

“I can't believe they haven't spoken to each other since last week,” said Baekhyun.

“I can't believe Changmin hasn't made a decision yet,” Kris grumbled in reply.

“Enough serious talk.” Chanyeol's hand slid around his lover's waist and pulled him flush up against his body. “It's my puppy's birthday so we're only allowed to talk about fun things.”

“Then maybe we should have another drink.” Kris handed drinks over to Chanyeol and Baekhyun before pulling Chen off the table and following them back to the other room. As if he knew they had been talking about him Xiumin found them within seconds.

As soon as he came close Chanyeol's arm was around Baekhyun's shoulders and he was pressing much closer to him than necessary. Baekhyun smiled secretly to himself. His partner had been like that ever since they had all slept together while Xiumin was in heat. It was like he felt he had to reassure Baekhyun that he loved him the most but Baekhyun already knew. He didn't mind the extra affection though.

They were talking, pretending not to notice Luhan's frequent glances in their direction, when Xiumin suddenly stopped mid sentence.

“What's wrong?” Chanyeol looked over his shoulder but couldn't see anything unusual. When he looked back Xiumin was shaking his head quickly.

“Nothing. I just thought I saw someone familiar. I must have been wrong.”

The others dropped it but the face was still on Xiumin's mind. That was one of Minseok's pack, right? Or had he just been seeing things. He left it as long as he could without seeming suspicious before making and excuse and leaving the others behind.

Out in the hallway quite a few people were hanging around, talking, a couple making out, but he couldn't see the wolf he had thought he recognised. Shaking his head to clear it he turned back and almost bumped into Baekhyun.

“What's wrong?” he asked.

“Nothing.”

Baekhyun glanced back and forth along the corridor but saw nothing unusual. Unless Xiumin had come out here to watch Taehyung and Hoseok grinding up against each other like they didn't realise they were in a public place.

He stopped his hyung when he tried to pass by him. “Are you sure? You looked spooked by something.”

Xiumin pasted a brighter smile on his face. He must have been wrong. Why would one of Minseok's pack be there anyway?

“It was nothing,” he said. “Really. Now let's get back to your party birthday boy.”

He flung his arms around his friend's neck and pressed a kiss to his cheek. Baekhyun was giggling as they returned to the dorm.


 

The party continued and everyone there seemed to get steadily more drunk as the night wore on. Baekhyun wasn't sure how much he had had when he started to feel a little too hot. Chanyeol had disappeared somewhere so he went into the corridor on the pretence of finding him but really he just wanted to cool down.

Walking down the hallway he slowed down at the sight of two wolves from another pack who were huddled intimately against the wall. Their hands lay on each other's bodies in a familiar way and they leant in so close, gazing at each other, their mouths so close. They kissed gently.

Baekhyun felt his breath coming faster and realised that he had stopped walking. He thought he recognised the two wolves but most of his focus was on the gentle touch of their mouths meeting and how much he suddenly wanted to try that.

He really should thank them for coming to his party. Feeling a little dizzy and itching to be touched, he went over to them and lowered himself to the ground. They turned in surprise at the interruption and he saw the moment when he scent suddenly wreathed around them. It was only then that he realised himself that he was in heat and he didn't really care. Judging by the dark look in their eyes, neither did they.

 

Who are they? Will someone stop him in time? Did Xiumin really see someone from Minseok's pack lurking around?

All these questions and more answered in another exciting installment of Wolf School 2!

Lol. I don't know when I'll get the next chapter up. Hopefully soon since I'm starting to feel better.

Missed you guys.

(I'm going to try and update 'Guardians of Exolanet: Wolf' soon too)