War

ICE & FIRE

The exhaustion that she should be getting from last night had finally caught up to the Sand princess as her legs finally gave up on her. As her body dropped down so did her heart at the sight of her estranged wife who was lying lifelessly on the dirty floor. Her clothes were covered in red blood and her face was as pale as paper. She closed her eyes not wanting to see her ex lover’s pain but that wouldn’t stop the fact that indeed the Ice princess was on the verge of dying. From the first glance, the potion master could tell whose doing was this. How cruel could a father be to put his daughter such danger? How big was the brother’s greed that he decided to put his cousin in this much pain? If she heartlessly refused to come here, she would have left her to dead without finding out all the lies that her wife had fed her to get her to leave. Seolhyun had told her that after Nicole drank the potions that her family forced her to, they left her in this dirty cell with no food nor water or even a single piece of blanket to keep her warm. To think that her wife lied about kidnapping Seulgi to save her father but that old man repaid her like this. That cruel monster, not only did he left his first born to die but he also kept Krystal locked up inside the palace as well and the little girl didn’t even know what he did to her sister.

“Seulgi!!” Screamed Jessica, “Please! Just please don’t do this.” She was on her knees crying and begging to the man who she used to call ‘brother’. Right now he is nothing more than a monster, for he was not only acting like the scary creature but he also looking like one too. He was no longer looking human, his eyes that used to be the same ocean blue color like hers had become white and so did his hair. The skin on his legs and arms looked like they were made of ice and he was flying. As far as she remembered Yonghwa’s only magic was to form ice around himself which was the reason why her father used to call him ‘Ice’s princess’s shield’ and she too used to believe that her brother was her strongest protection. Little did she know, he never once wanted to protect her, instead all he ever wanted to see was her being destroyed. She cried out even harder when his grip on Seulgi’s neck tighten, the latter’s legs were not touching the ground and she was trying hard to loosen his hold with her weak hands. Who know how much pain was she having consider none of her previous wounds had healed yet?
“Hey sis, who would have thought that the Ice Princess who was destined to rule the three nation is now on her knee begging me right now huh?” He was mocking her. She was right, he was no longer the sweet brother that she used to know. She picked herself up not wanting to beg anymore, maybe this way she could save her last bit of dignity but his smirk showed her that he knew what exactly happened to her power. The Ice prince couldn’t believe it at first when Tiffany bragged about taking away his sister’s power, but seeing the color of her eyes that hadn’t changed one bit despite the torment he had placed upon her, he was sure that she was nothing but a useless human now.
“Now, Seulgi, is it? What do you see in the future? Me as the ruler of the whole kingdom or my father’s favorite who is crawling on the floor right there?” He pulled Seulgi closer to him and threw a question at her as if asking for confirmation but the Crystal keeper knew too well that he wasn’t looking for an answer instead he was just trying to step on Jessica’s last bit of pride. She gestured him closer and as soon as he did so, she curved her lips upward before giving him the only insult she ever did in her entire life.
“Not you, .” That was all she managed to say before severe pains came running through her whole body as the Yonghwa threw her to the ground in full force and yet she didn’t feel a slight bit of regret for she was only speaking the truth. She closed her eyes as the Ice prince was charging toward her, maybe this time her life would be ending for real. However, the pain that she was waiting for didn’t come and instead Jessica’s scream took place. She opened her eyes to see the Ice princess in front of her taking every single punch and kick from her own brother and though he knew he was hitting the wrong target, he showed no sign of stopping. Seulgi’s tears dropped down, she didn’t expect a stranger to step in to save her like this, if only she had the ability to do anything else other than to see the bright future for her.

“Get up!” Yonghwa called out as his sister dropped down to the ground again. He walked toward her and put his leg on her back knowing exactly that it would hurt so bad. Jessica knew then that her brother knew everything, she was stupid enough to not know about the fact that he had his minions followed her and the other all of these times and he knew exactly what they had been doing.
“I knew that you know how to fly, it is the effect of the special potion that father asked grandpa to make for you. I wouldn’t have hate you so much if you respect me enough to tell me about it but you had the audacity to hide it from me.” He reminisced about the time when they were teenagers and blamed her as if it was her choice to be chosen as the future ruler by their own unfair father. To think that her brother had already seen her as a competition when all she wanted to do was protecting him from the truth long enough for her to fairly giving him what he deserved.
“I never wanted to be the ruler, you already know that. I always want to divide the power between us fairly. If I could, I would have married myself off to a human if that meant you could become the ruler in my place.” She struggled to speak as the pain was too much for her to handle but he didn’t let go nor make it any less painful, instead he only put more pressure on her existed wounds.
“You lie!!!” He screamed at her not wanting to believe that he was the villain because after all the throne was destined to be his, the only one who was in the way and stubborn enough to think so highly of herself was his spoil ungrateful sister.
“I’m not, you have no idea how many times I had spent talking father out of favoring me over you for the throne. The only reason I went with grandpa to the jungle was so father would see more great things in you, unfortunately, you are just incompetent.” She threw the hurting insult at her brother trying to hurt him but the punch that he threw back at her was as painful as her words. He grabbed onto her hair and pulled her face up toward him as he stared at her with those white eyes, she got scared a little, he looked unrecognizable.
“Want to know when did I start hating you? It was that day you went to the jungle with grandpa and learned to fly for the first time, I knew that I would never be the ruler with you around. Want to know something better? I knew exactly who Yuri was and I knew she was becoming a halfer. Who do you think giving the idea to our parents about killing her? Too bad her stupid parents decided to leave her in jail instead, that’s why they deserved to die. But it doesn’t matter anymore since I can get rid of both of you just as easily.”
“Jung Yonghwa, you have no right to cause such chaos in the human nation. As the Fire ruler, I’m warning you to stepped back into your own land and bring your soldiers with you, if you don’t do as I requested, we’ll go to war.” The sibling turned to the familiar voice and behind them were hundreds of Fire soldiers arming with nothing but their powers. Jessica had never been so happy to see YoonA in her entire life, she smiled as the young leader stood in front of everyone with Taeyeon and General Kim by her side and of course her girlfriend right behind her. Yonghwa let go of his sister and slowly dusting his untidy clothes before standing up and walking toward the Fire ruler. As he got closer, YoonA realized that what Hyoyeon warned her had come true. It looked like Yonghwa had used the Crystal on himself, he had turned into something else entirely different from the halfer but not less dangerous. Just about six feet apart from each other, she could feel chill running down her spine, he was really cold as if he was an ice sculpture. Is this even possible? How is he alive right now with such high temperature radiating from his body? She wasn’t sure whether or not her fire could do even a little bit of damage to him.
“You’re going to go to war with what? Those little soldiers, the heartbroken good for nothing vice president or that little doctor chick of yours?” Jessica grimaced, disgusted at her brother’s words. If only she had power, she would have smacked his head so hard that it would ended up felling down to the dirty floor.
“If you really are a ruler, you really should act like one.” YoonA replied. Anyone could easily tell that she was very angry, her voice was shaking and her eyes were burning red. Sensing the tension that kept arising, Seohyun moved closer toward her girlfriend and secretly held her hand trying to calm her down. It was not the time to get angry, Yuri was still kidnapped and the ruler and his wife were still missing.
“I became a ruler like weeks ago and you became one like what? Yesterday? You should run back crying to your mother- Oh wait I already killed her and your father too.” The Ice prince a sadist smile, everyone could only open their eyes wide at the revelation but not the Fire princess. She finally lost her cool just like how Yonghwa knew she would, she grabbed a hold of the collar of his shirt ignoring Seohyun’s pleading.
“Don’t be too angry little princess. At least your sister is still alive, she is right over there.” Yonghwa smirked as he pointed to the row of Ice soldiers and gestured them to step back revealing the frame of a person in an Iron cage, she was on her knees, there were chains on her neck, arms and legs, she looked exhausted.
“You bastard, what did you do to her???” Taeyeon who had been silent for a long time screamed at Yonghwa, she was charging toward him but before she could touch him, a strong force pushed her to the nearby wall. Everyone stared in horror as Seolhyun stepped her foot on top of Taeyeon with a pair of monstrous eyes.
“No, he didn’t do anything to your sister, I did.” Master Jung’s voice was heard as he stepped out beside Yuri’s cage, he looked as worse as his nephew. From the first glance, Jessica knew they had shared the Crystal among themselves and for the first time she regretted her reckless action. There was no way they could win this battle without something close to a halfer.
“Krystal!!!” The little girl who had been standing timidly beside his unfamiliar father turned to her same age friend who had just arrived at the scene. Sooyoung, Sunny and Amber who had come a little too late just stared in shock at the scene in front of them. Now that they faced with war, Sooyoung was hoping that Hyoyeon would come back in time to tell her what to do. However, judging by the scenario in front of her, she knew she just had to make as much use of her new power as possible before anyone getting killed.