I'm sorry

ICE & FIRE

Author’s POV

 

“So what exactly happened to Jessica? Where is Tiffany?” Sooyoung asked Wendy who was tending to the injured ICE princess on the old bed. Wendy put down Hyoyeon’s medicine after applying it on Jessica’s minor wounds. She looked at the tall girl standing in front of her, trying to find words to describe the unfortunate event.

“I’m not really sure where to start, so I’m just going tell you what might be important for you to know.” She took a deep breath before turning Jessica’s body to the side showing her deep wound.

“What is that in her back?” Sooyoung asked upon seeing the knife like shadow burning inside her skin.

“Is that the Earth’s knife?” Amber mumbled

“What exactly is that?” Hyoyeon asked

“It is the most powerful poisonous receipt of ours. How could unnie get her hand on that?” Amber replied earning Wendy’s attention. The human got up abruptly starling the young princess.

“You are Tiffany’s sister? Can you contact her? Please, I’m begging you. We need her to give Jessica’s power back. She is the only one who can save Seulgi.” Wendy begged upon finding a ray of hope from the Earth princess.

“Seulgi! Seulgi is still alive.” Hyoyeon said quietly

“You know Seulgi?” Wendy asked, she was not ignorant. It was just common people never allow to see the royal’s faces. Therefore, Wendy had never seen the princess.

“I do and I promise you I will save her. We will save her.”

“Can you do it right now? I-I can take her back with me.” Wendy let go of the small girl and went on to grab Hyoyeon’s hands.

“I’m sorry” The Sand princess looked down ashamed to tell the human the truth about her mess up family.

“Where is my sister? Where is Tiffany? I doubt that she is the one who did that to Jessica. If Jessica injured this much, she must have been hurt too.” Sunny who had been quiet all along finally decided to speak up. Wendy looked at the two inhuman desperately wanting to know where their sibling was, before sitting back down beside the sleeping girl.

“Your sister, Tiffany, is not hurt. She was not only hurting Jessica, she also tried to kill her.” Sunny ran over to her younger sister who was looking confuse and shock at the revelation. No she shouldn’t doubt their oldest sister, at this time family has to stick together.

“She’s lying. Our sister would never do something like that.” Wendy chuckled at the denial.

“I’m telling the truth. Don’t you see the evident base on what is inside Jessica’s back? Or maybe you are trying to hide the fact that she is also a halfer?” The human asked sarcastically only to be shock upon seeing everyone’s shock faces.

“Tiffany is a halfer?” Hyoyeon screamed in shock. All these years, her ambitious dream was to catch the halfer but turned out there were two of them.

“Y-yes she is.” Wendy said feeling like an idiot for breaking the important news like this.

“This is not good, she is dangerous.” Hyoyeon started walking back and forth, her anxiety had brought back.

“Stop saying that, my sister is not dangerous.” Sunny screamed as grabbed a hold of the moving girl.

“How can you know that? You only know of her true identity today too. To be honest, what do we actually know about that girl in the first place?” Sunny’s eyes were burning red as she let her go and walked away.

 

Sooyoung’s POV

 

After assuring Amber that everything will be okay and tried to get Hyoyeon back to focus her attention on the potion instead of Tiffany, I walked out through the backdoor of the house trying to spot the furious girl.

“Hey” I said as I saw her sitting on a big rock facing toward the big lake that extended across the three nations.

“You shouldn’t be anywhere near me. I have the same blood as her, I will probably hurt you too.” She said grumpily like a sulking child. I ignored her insincere warning and took a spot next to her.

“You know what Hyoyeon said is true right? We hardly know Tiffany. Everything we thought we knew turned out to be lies.” She sighed but didn’t dismiss me.

“I didn’t say those weren’t true. It is just it’s unfair. My family is the victim. What they did to us was unforgivable but all of a sudden everyone made my sister out to be the most dangerous villain.” As someone who had been living through unfairness and tragedy her whole life, I could understand her feeling. When my parents were accused of making illegal weapons and our whole family was sentenced to dead, I too felt like the world was unfair. Being left alone in this cruel world alone, I wish I had someone to depend on. Then I met Yuri and even though our times weren’t all sunshine and rainbows, I can honestly say that these people that we met along the way are my family. Therefore, I determined to keep this family together, I need to save my bestfriend.

“If any consultation, I don’t think Tiffany is dangerous. If I were her, I would have done the same thing.” I said, without looking at me, the short girl smiled at me. I smiled back at her and turned my attention to the scenario in front of me. The sun is about to set, I tried to take it in as much as I can. Who know what happen after I drank that potion, might as well enjoying what the world had to offer for now. Speaking of what the world had to offer, I smiled even larger as I felt Sunny’s warm hand on mine.

 

Author’s POV

“Amber, look after the boiling potion until I come back. We need at least five more hours for it to completely cook.” Hyoyeon instructed the teenager since all the adults were nowhere to be found.

“Where are you going unnie?"

"I need to meet with Seolhyun, she said she has some important news to tell me. I will be back as soon as I can.” The teenager took over the duty as the potion master took her car key and left.

“Y-yuri…” Wendy who was sleeping on the chair beside Jessica’s bed woke up from her uncomfortable sleeping position. As a light sleeper that she was, she could hear Jessica’s whisper really easily.

“Jessica, are you okay?” She asked as the blue eyes princess got herself up to a sitting position.

“Hey be careful, you shouldn’t wake up too fast.” Jessica shook her head trying to stop the dizziness. She looked at the person beside her.

“Wendy, what are you still doing here? You need to leave.” After recognized her savior, she pushed the girl up from her sitting position.

“What is going on?” Amber asked after hearing the commotion. Jessica got up from the bed and pushed Wendy out even more.

“You can’t be here. It is really dangerous. I owe Irene too much, I can’t let anything happen to you too, go home now.” Wendy retreated. Tired of being pushed by the weak girl.

“I want to take Seulgi with me.”

“You will die if you are here. Yonghwa can attack any minutes. You have to go before anyone else see you.”

“Unnie is right, you have to go. If you’re become a part of us, you’ll be in real danger.” Amber said finally caught up with the situation to in.

“Okay I’ll go.” Wendy said but didn’t move an inch before grabbing Jessica’s hands in hers.

“Promise me, you’ll save Seulgi. I know that it is not an easy task but Seulgi is all Irene unnie have, so please.” She begged one last time before getting in her car and drove off. Jessica sighed relief that the human left. Amber took hold of her and got her back inside the house. The teenager got the injured girl on the sofa before turned back to her duty.

 

“Unnie!!!” A familiar voice caught the attention of the two girls. Jessica ran to the front door upon realizing who the person was.

“Nicole!” She screamed out of joy upon seeing her cousin, but turned confuse as she noticed her appearance.

“What is going on?” Jessica asked the princess who was covered in sweat, it looked like she had been running for hours.

“Listen, I don’t have much time. You have to save Seulgi.”

“You have to take a rest first. Nicole what happened?”

“There is no more time. I have left Seulgi in one of the house in this nation. The location is in this map, it located not too close to here. So you have to be fast, Seulgi is not in a good condition.” Jessica grabbed a hold of the girl when it seemed like she was about to leave.

“Where are you going?”

“I have to go before anyone else gets hurt.” Before Jessica could utter another word, her cousin ran out of the house. What was left was the map in her hand.

“What was that about?”

“Don’t tell Hyoyeon that Nicole was here or she’ll be furious.” Jessica said warning the teenager.

 

Seohyun’s POV

 

I looked at the high rank Fire royal sitting in front of me, there were five of them. All of them were the highest rank officer, politician and people of the law.

“This is disgraceful.” The old lady on the far right corner said.

“How dare a low rank officer calling herself the future ruler’s girlfriend?” The old man in the far left said.

“And she said it in front of the people also. Do you know how much damage can this do to the princess’s reputation?” The man in the middle said. I calmly listen to all of them without saying a word. There must be so much emotion going through their minds right now. The kingdom is in chaos. The ruler and his wife were nowhere to be found and the future princess is apparently already taken and not at all by the ICE princess but by a Fire royal. They must be furious that the princess didn’t even consider any of their children to be her lover.

“We must break the two of them up before this get any further.” The other old man said.

“We don’t have to get our hand dirty. You” He pointed at my face before continued

“You have to break it off with her.”

“No, the princess must be the one who broke it off. We can’t let the word out that this lowly rank officer broke up with our future ruler.” The other old lady said.

“That’s right. What were you thinking getting your filthy self involves with our ruler?”

I sighed. When will this nightmare end? As soon as I got my girlfriend into her bedroom, I was dragged here by a bunch of officers. They were acting like I was a criminal. After everything I went through the whole day, this is what I have to deal it. A bunch of old people who care about useless things.

 

Crack

 

The door to the meeting room opened, walking in was a guy that I was glad to see. Please save me from this nightmare.

“General Kim, you’re finally here.” The old man in the middle said.

“I think we should put her in jail. After all this much disgrace, nobody would think that it is unfair.” The old lady said again.

“Or better yet, prosecute her. She clearly deserves it.” The other old lady said. General Kim ignored all of them and took a seat beside me.

“What are you doing? Sit over here with us.” All of them said in unison, so annoying.

“Seohyun, I’m sorry about this. You can go now.” General Kim said to me and gestured me to leave. I smiled at all of them before bowing and taking my leave. I couldn’t even close the door before General Kim started yelling at them.

“What the hell are you doing? Is this important right now? …” That was all I heard before I shut all of them out and walked back to my girlfriend’s bedroom. Serve them right.

 

Author’s POV

 

In the cold room locating in the ICE prison, lying a figure. Beside her, was an empty potion bottle, the same bottle that was used on Yuri. Two more figures stood still watching her suffer.

 

“I can’t believe you betrayed me just like that.” The younger man said as he brought out another potion.

“I feel ashamed to have you as my daughter.” The old man said as he made no gesture to save the child that was born from him.

“I was just doing the right thing.” Nicole struggling to voiced out. Clearly the potion started to do its duty on her.

“Doing the right thing is helping us cousin.” Yonghwa said as he forced another potion into .

“You favor your wife over us, that is a great betrayal.” Her father said.

“The great betrayal is what you did to the Fire.” Nicole said only to get push down by Yonghwa. She grunted because the impact was too strong. It was strong enough to let the envelop that Seulgi gave her fell out.

“What is this?” Yonghwa said as he picked up the thin package.

“D-don’t touch that.” He ignored her before tearing off the wrapping paper.

“Stupid love letter.” He said as he threw it to the ground.

“After everything I’ve taught you, you still stupid. I’m ashamed of you.” Nicole snickered at her father.

“I’m ashamed to have you as my father.” The master potion slapped her in the face before walking out of the door.

“See you when you turn.” Yonghwa said and walked out of the door but not before stepping on the poor envelop.

 

Brrrrrr Brrrrrrr

 

The envelop started buzzing. Nicole didn’t notice it before but it seemed like the envelope had something beside the letter inside it.

“Yah Seulgi.” It was Hyoyeon’s voice. There were laughing in the background, it sounded like they were on the phone.

“Are you really recording this?”

“Of course I am.” It was Seulgi’s voice.

“Stop it already.”

“Aw is the princess shy?”

“No, I’m not but don’t record it. What if Nic found this someday?”

“Then she’ll be happy. Come on just say it.”

“No. If you don’t stop, I’m not gonna say it.”

“Alright I stop.” It seemed like Seulgi had lied.

“Now tell me, what were you going to tell me?” Seulgi asked

“Alright, I wanted to tell you that I’m very happy right now.”

“And why is that?”

“Because my wife is the best wife in the world. You have no idea how sweet she is.”

“Yeah yeah I know. You called to tell me every single thing she did to you. Yah if you’re try to make me jealous, you’re fail. My Joohyun is sweeter than that.”

“I doubt that. Nicole Jung is the sweetest girl in the world. I would not be this happy if I didn’t choose to be married to her. I would have regret my entire life if I let her go.”

“Yah mine is sweeter.”

“No mine”

“Mine” And the recording stopped. Nicole cried as every memory of her and her wife ran through her mind. She tried to remember them, to hold on to them and to not let them fade away. However, luck didn’t stay on her side because the potion started to spread through her body. Soon she will pass out, soon she will no longer be her, soon she will be nothing but a weapon.

“I’m sorry Hyoyeon, I love you.”