Betrayal

ICE & FIRE

Author’s POV

 

Hyoyeon barged into a room full of people surrounding the two culprits that she’s been looking for. There they are, sitting, laughing and celebrating their victory. She walked up to the man dress in his formal gray suits. There was no special occasion, he just always like to dress that way.

“ How could hurt Seulgi? How could you betray my truth just like that? ” She banged her hands on the table’s surface without greeting the middle age man. Everyone in the office were surprised by her outburst. Well everyone except for the old man. He cleared his throat and gestured everyone to leave.

“ What is this all about? ” Yonghwa who had been quieted and observed for a while questioned.

“ You asked as if you didn’t know. Why do you even bother pretending with me? I knew all of your secret. ” Hyoyeon barked at her.

“ Hyoyeon, I understand how you feel. Now sit down and let’s talk calmly. ” The old man gestured to the chair across from his.

“ Talk? You sent an army to Seulgi’s camp, retrieved the crystal. As if that is not enough, you captured and tortured her. You did all of those things without consulting me and now you want to talk? ”

“ Well it seems like you already know what I’ve done, so what do you want to discuss with me? ”

“ Discuss? Oh we are way pass that. You … ” Hyo pasted as she felt Yonghwa’s dirty hand on her shoulders.

“ Now now my sister in law, why do we even wasting our time talking about someone as useless as her? We have a bigger plan, we will conquer the world together, remember? ” She passed his hand away and turned to him with her yellow eyes.

“ Hyoyeon ! We need to talk. ” Nicole who just arrived in the room only to discover the tension between her father and her wife.

“ Not now, I have unfinished business with your father. ” Hyoyeon said through her gritted teeth. Without even bother by her eyes, Nicole took hold of her hands.

“ Excuse us father, this is between me and Hyoyeon. We need to talk things out with each other. ” The old nodded his head suggesting that he had no interest in talking about Seulgi any further. Nicole got the cue and dragged Hyoyeon back to the cell that Seulgi was in.

“ What the hell are you doing? I know that he’s your father but this is not a family matter, he betray my truth. ” Hyoyeon said as soon as Nicole passed her into the room again.

“ Hyoyeon would you calm down and llisten to me? This is not the right time to do it. ”

“ What are you trying to say? I don’t have time for mind game. ” Hyoyeon was losing her cool by the second.

“ My dad and Yonghwa don’t know that Seulgi is here. ”

“ What? ”

“ I snuck her here while everyone thought she was dead. ” Nicole said as she looked at Seulgi who was going in and out of consciousness.

“ This is insane. I’m going to kill them. ” Hyoyeon couldn’t contain her anger anymore. They did not only tortured her but they was meant to kill her?

“ Kill me then. ” Nicole said way too calmly to her own wife.

“ What are you talking about? It’s your father, you did nothing wrong Nic. ”

“ Hyoyeon, I was the one who captured her. ”

 

SAND Nation

Motel

 

Tiffany and Jessica had arrived a few hours ago. They were supposed to be sound asleep by now consider they arrived at midnight and the motel barely open the door for them. Yet Jessica couldn’t bring her brain to shut down. She kept studying the map and the contact that will take her to the crystal. Even though Jessica really had no choice but to trust Hyoyeon and her magic rock theory, she still had many doubts about whether or not the crystal will be able save Yuri. Put that aside, another major reason that she couldn’t sleep was because she was really worry about Yuri. Unknown to Jessica, Tiffany couldn’t sleep either, but it was by a completely different reason. It was not that she could get her eyes to close, she just couldn’t let her guard down especially around someone that she considered enemy. Guess that is what a traitor would feel. It is not long before the morning came. Both of them shower and get dressed before heading out on their missions.

 

From Hyoyeon

The person that you will meet is Kang Seulgi. She and her companions are stationed at a building not about 100km from the central market.

 

Jessica looked at Hyoyeon’s text for the 10th times that day. She led Tiffany through the crowded street. They were both wearing hoodies to cover their face. Even though people may not recognize them, they had to be caution snice they are after all wanted criminals. The SAND nation was not much different from the ICE and the FIRE. Even though it located pretty far that required them to drive around 5 hours. The market is very busy, people are out and about making a living and avoiding trouble. They stopped in front of the white building, it was four storied high. Not very modern but not too old fashion either. Since it is the station of security, the structure was familiar. But there was a problem, how can they get in? The building was full of officers. It is like walking into a crocodile’s mouth.

“ What should we do? ” Tiffany looked around before whispering to Jessica.

“ I don’t know, let’s get to the back for now. ” Jessica led Tiffany to back of the building. Luckily the building was only crowded at the front and pretty silent at the back. They stood by the door as Jessica tried to reach Hyoyeon but it couldn’t go through.

 

“ Are you Jessica and Tiffany? ” A voice broke the silence and startled them. They turned to the girl dress in a red summer dress. The girl was so cute with her long blond hair, she looked just like a squirrel.

“ Who are you? ” Tiffany asked feeling suspicious of the girl.

“ I’m Yeri, Hyoyeon unnie told us to expect you. ” The girl put up her phone and showed Hyoyeon’s texts.

“ So how are we going to get inside? ” Jessica asked and pointed to the building.

“ We aren’t going in there. ” The girl turned serious all of a sudden.

“ Follow me ” She said and gestured them to follow her.

 

They walked further into the city until arriving in front of a cave.

“ This… is a cave … ” Tiffany mumbled

“ Yep thank you for being obvious. ” Another girl with red hair came out and laughed at Tiffany. Who the hell is this girl. Tiffany glared at her, yet she didn’t even bother by it. She walked toward them and put her arm around Tiffany’s shoulder.

“ This is our glorious home. ” She said rather proudly.

“ Thank for the introduction. Now whoever we need to meet to get the damn crystal. ” Tiffany said as she shoved the girl’s arm off of her.

“ Geez impatient much. I’m Joy by the way. The person you have to meet is Irene unnie. ”

“ Where is she? ” Jessica asked sounding as impatient as Tiffany.

“ They were right, old ladies are really impatient. ” Yeri said as she high fived Joy.

“ For a couple of human, you guys are such brats. ” Jessica said as her eyes turned blue.

“ YOU ! You are the ICE princess. ” Joy shouted before both of them running inside the cave to hide behind a woman who was just coming out of her room. She was dressed in something causal, just plain white T shirt and a pair of black jean. She looked rather weak and sick.

“ Jessica Jung, you got a lot of nerve running around here. ” Irene said rather calmly

“ I have to assume that you are Irene. I’m Jessica Jung and this is Tiffany. ” Jessica walked up to her in order to greet herself.

“ That is close enough. ” Irene said as soon as Jessica arrived in front of the cave.

“ I have to apology for being impatient but I need the crystal urgently. Hyoyeon may already have explained everything, so just please handed over to us. ”

“ We have nothing to give you, you can leave. ” Irene stood up and ready to walked back.

“ Irene, please ” Jessica begged went to deaf ears when Irene started walking. Tiffany who had been quiet all along went inside the cave and grabbed her arm.

“ What the hell are you doing? ” Irene’s outburst shocked the new comers.

“ Nothing happens, she… is human. ” Yeri said to Irene. She sighed in relief.

“ What’s going on? Are you hiding something from us? ” Jessica asked

“ Look, we have nothing to give you. Everything, they took everything. ”

 

Flashback

 

“ I love you ” Irene smiled as she heard those words came out of Seulgi’s mouth. She looked at Joy and Yeri who were chasing each other. Making sure that the kids didn’t pay attentions, she grabbed Seulgi’s face and planned a kiss on her lips.

“ I love you too ” Seulgi smiled and grabbed a hold of her hand. She kissed her finger one by one before landing a peck on her right cheek.

“ I want to savor every moment I spend with you. ” To everyone else the sentence may sound extremely sweet but to Irene, it was the sentence that she scared of the most.

“ Did you see something? ” Irene asked. Seulgi is so special to Irene and to herself she was born special. She has a gift that no one else would be able to acquired. She can see the future which is both a gift and a curse. It is a gift that have been saving their lives until now. It is a curse, a curse that disguise as a nightmare everyday in Irene’s dreams. She feared that one day will come when Seulgi saw her own future, she feared that the future would end up separating them.

“ No, it is just that until now I still can’t believe I have an angel like you loving me. I feel very lucky, I will love you forever, Joohyun. ” Seulgi said as they embraced in each other’s arms.

“ Unnie! Yeri and I have been meaning to ask you why don’t you give us the crystal? ” Joy said as she stood in front of the duo.

“ Why do you want it? ” Seulgi asked

“ Well we are after all a team and Hyo unnie basically gave the crystal to all of us. Therefore, I and Joy also have the right to hold it. ” Yeri butted in

“ Look at these kids, she gave us to keep it safe. It is not ours. ” Irene replied

“ Well it is still unfair, why does Seulgi unnie got to keep it all to herself. ”

“ Alright, I’ll let you hold on to it until tomorrow. Does that sound better? ” Seulgi said as she presented the stone in front of them. Their eyes sparkled.

“ Yes !!! ” Joy shouted as she held the crystal up high.

“ We’ll keep it safe unnie. ” Yeri turned to give Seulgi a peck on the cheek before running after Joy.

“ Why do you spoil them so much? ” Irene asked not very amuse that Seulgi gave such an important stone to the kids.

“ They are growing up. We just have to give them some responsibilities and trust them a little more. ”

“ Why are you so wise at such a young age? ”

“ Since I’m so wise, are you going to accept my marriage proposal now? ” Seulgi asked teasingly

“ Pabo, who said I want to marry you? ” Irene stuck her tongue out and ran away from Seulgi.

 

Ding

 

Seulgi looked to make sure that Irene was busy keeping the trouble makers in control before checking her phone.

 

From Nicole Jung

It is starting. Tomorrow is the D day. Are you ready?

 

To Nicole Jung

I’m ready.

 

Seulgi looked at them and smiled sadly. She remembered what happened in her last vision. Dead that was the one word that showed up. She remembered clearly the image of Irene’s bloody body and the image of Joy and Yeri crying out for her.

 

The next morning

 

The four of them were sitting and having breakfast. Kimchi fried rice that was deliciously made by Irene.

“ Joy, it’s time to give me back the crystal. ” Joy nodded as she handed over.

“ Unnie I’m curious. Does the crystal change its own shape? It is not the same one as we saw before. ”

“ Or did you broke it off, it does seem that way. It is like the crystal is missing a piece. ”

“ Don’t be ridiculous, Yeri. Why would unnie broke such an important treasure? ”

“ Me ridiculous? Yeah right your shape shifting stone theory is genius. ” Seulgi didn’t say anything and just looking at the two bickering back and forth. Irene looked at Seulgi in worry. She knew that something was wrong. Seulgi never did something without purposes, with all these secrets Seulgi was driving her insane.

 

After breakfast, Seulgi was sitting in front the cave’s entrance doing nothing but staring into the sky. Irene walked up and sat down next to her. She put her head on her right shoulder and sighed.

“ Are you okay? ” Seulgi asked

“ Seulgi are you hiding something from me? ” Irene asked without looking at her. She scared to look into Seulgi’s eyes. She scared to look at the eyes that full of lies. She knew that everything that came out of were not the truth.

“ Why would I ever hide anything from you? ” Seulgi said as she gave a peck on her forehead.

“ Officer Kang ” Both of them stood up and looked at the people in front of them. They were all equip with guns and the atmosphere was intense.

“ Greeting your highness ” Stepping out of her car, Nicole walked up to them and held out her hand.

“ What are you doing? ” Irene asked

“ Isn’t it obvious? ”

“ Princess Hyoyeon put truth in me with the crystal. I can’t give it to someone else. ”

“ I’m not someone else, I’m her wife. Beside you are just a mere officer, who are you to talk like this to me? ”

“ I don’t care who you are. No one but us can touch the stone. ”

“ Bitter much, I understand that you still hurt from the fact that Hyoyeon choose me over you. ”

“ Aren’t you the one? The fact that she is still in love with me even after she marry you. ”

“ You little ” Nicole before she threw Seulgi 10km away.

“ What are you doing??? ” Irene screamed and charged toward Nicole. Unfortunately, she was grabbed by the guards. Yeri and Joy who had heard of what happened, were hiding inside the cave. That was the protocol for their safety. Seulgi who were on the ground widen her eyes as she saw the door open. The old man got out of the car and walked toward Irene.

“ Nicole let’s not stall this any longer. Just kill them off. ” In her vision, that was what he said before he freeze Irene to dead. Seulgi ran to Nicole and whispered to her.

“ Please do something ” Nicole looked at Seulgi one last time before pushing her away.

“ Let me finish this low life, father. ” She said and grabbed Irene by the neck. She threw her into the cave and threw a potion at the entrance. A force field came up and separating Irene from them. Irene tried to run out only to got burned by the force field again and again until she grew weak.

“ You can never get out. The more you touch it, the more your power drown out. ” Nicole said

“ The crystal is with that girl, kill her. ” Master Jung ordered the guards to go after Seulgi.

“ No, let’s take her with us. I would love to torture her until dead. ”

“ No, you can’t do that to her. ” Irene screamed and tried to break through the force field again.

“ Unnie please stop, you’re hurting yourself. ” Joy and Yeri came out and tried to hold her down. They cried as they watched Seulgi being taken away.

 

Flashback end

 

“ They took both her and the crystal. All we have left is a fragment of it. It is probably useless. ” Irene said as she took her hand off of Tiffany’s.

“ Please. We are desperate, the fragment may be able to help us. ”

“ Are you worth it? After all you are a Jung, the ICE, the monsters and you are one of them. I don’t trust you one bit. ”

“ I understand your hesitation, but the crystal is our only hope. Now that Yonghwa has the crystal, who know what he is capable of? This is not about just me but us. My brother is very ambitious, his thirst can’t be fulfill with just one nation, he wants the world. ”

“ What does that have to do with me? ”

“ You lost Seulgi and I understand your agony. I went through the same thing because they also took Yuri away from me. I can’t promise you that I will be able to save Seulgi but I will do whatever it takes to find her. ”

“ Fine, we will give it to you. Joy and Yeri will lead you to the right person. I will contact her in advance. ”

“ Thank you, I won’t let you down. ”

“ First, I have a condition. ”

“ What is it? ” Jessica asked. Irene turned toward Tiffany who stood beside her.

“ This person will stay here. ”

“ What? Why would I? ”

“ I need you as a hostage until they return to make sure that my friends are safe. After all we are just strangers. I can’t fully trust you, can I? ”

“ She’s right, Tiff. I will return and meet you back here. ” Jessica said trying to convince Tiffany.

“ Fine ”

“ Joy please take the nice lady to your room. She can wait for her friend there. Then you guys can go after Joy come back. ”

“ Let’s go ” Joy said and gestured Tiffany to walk. They arrive in Joy’s bedroom. There is a bed opposite to the door and a dressing table full of pictures. Tiffany walked up to one of them and examined a photo of five people. She recognized three of them to be the people who she had just met.

“ Who is this? ” She pointed to a girl resembled a bear.

“ That is Seulgi unnie. You should remember her face, so you will have an easier time finding her. ” She nodded as she point at the other unfamiliar face.

“ That is Wendy unnie, the one that your friend is going to take the crystal from. ”

“ You left the important stone with a stranger? ”

“ She’s not a stranger, she is Seulgi unnie’s bestfriend. Alright I will go, you can wait here. ” Joy left as soon as she got an approval nod from Tiffany. She walked up to Irene when she spotted no one else beside her.

“ Where are Jessica and Yeri? ”

“ They were outside just now. You should go and look for them. ”

“ Hey unnie, hey Joy, I’m here. ” Both of them startled by the familiar voice.

“ Wendy unnie, what are you doing here? We are just about to go to you. ”

“ I thought I should come by and visit you, so where’s the ICE princess. ”

“ Wendy unnie, why are you back so early? ” Yeri who came out of nowhere said.

“ What do you mean? Where did I go? ” Wendy asked all of these commotion confused her.

“ You met with me and Jessica unnie just now. You told me to come back first. You said you can take Jessica unnie to your home by yourself. ”

“ What? I did no such thing.” Irene widen her eyes after realizing the situation.

“ Joy, go check on Tiffany. ” Joy ran back to her room as soon as she heard the order.

“ She’s gone.” Joy shouted

“ Damn it, I thought she was human. Go and find Jessica. She is in danger. ”


At the ICE Prison

 

“ What are you talking about, Nicole? ” Hyoyeon asked

“ I was jealous, I hate Seulgi and I wanted her dead. ” Nicole explained

“ Are you saying that you brought her here, tortured her and locked her up? ”

“ Yes, I did. ” Hyoyeon laughed out. Life is really a . Of all people, her wife is the one who betray her. She should have seen this coming right? Her in law are monsters.

“ I can’t believe this. Nicole Jung, we’re done. ” Hyoyeon said as she walked up to Seulgi.

“ What are you doing? You can’t get her out of here. ”

“ This is none of your business. Go and join your father and cousin celebrating your plot to destroy the world. ”

“ Hyoyeon if you want her to live, whether you like it or not you have to listen to me. ”

“ Leave her here, as long as she is in this room, no one can find her. ”

“ Why would I trust someone like you? ”

“ Do you have other choice? ”

Ding


From Sooyoung

We need to talk.

 

Hyoyeon looked at Seulgi one last time before walked out of the room without sparing a glance at her ex wife. Nicole looked at Hyoyeon’s back until she disappeared. This is all for the best.

“ Why did you lie to her? ” Seulgi asked her

“ She has so many responsibilities. Soon she will have to go to war against my dad. I can’t let her love for me holding her back. ”

“ But you are not a monster, Nicole. You help us. If it wasn’t for you, the four of us would have been dead by now. ”

“ She doesn’t need to know that. ”

“ You’re going to let Hyoyeon and your father killing each other? ”

“ It is a battle that we can’t avoid. ”

“ Hang in here a little longer, I will get you out of here as soon as I can. ”

“ Take your time. Joohyun will always wait for me. ”

 

At the SAND Nation

 

Jessica and let assume she is Wendy walked on the empty road. Jessica kept glancing at the girl, this person was way less talkative than the chatty duo. She was also pretty short. Well all of them are short except for that brat Joy who is way taller than even her and Tiffany.

“ Your house is pretty far. ” Jessica said trying to start a conversation. Without replying, she just kept walking forward.

“ Um are you okay? I’m sorry if I did something to upset you. I was just trying to be friendly… ”

“ There it is. ” Jessica stopped talking as the girl cut her off. She looked at the house in front of her. It looked nothing like what Yeri described to her. Is this really it? She turned to her hoping to ask but see no one.

“ What the? Hello? Wendy? ” She kept looking around until she felt a stinging pain on her back.

“ Ah ” She screamed as she felt to the ground. Someone had stabbed her.

“ How does it feel to be stabbed in the back by your very own bestfriend? ” Tiffany said as she stabbed the knife further into Jessica’s back. It disappeared inside her body.

“ Ah Tiff… Tiffany… What are you doing? ” Tiffany grabbed her shirt collar and pulled her up. Jessica’s eyes widen as she saw Tiffany’s eyes. They were gray.

“ What are you? ”

“ I’m the creation of your grandfather. ”

“ Tiff… what are you talking about? You are my bestfriend. ”

“ No, you’re wrong. I’m not your bestfriend never were never have been. To you and your family, I was just a toy. ”

“ Tiff… ah it’s hurt ”

“ Is it? How about when your parents kill my father, kidnapped me and my sister and then kill my mom? How about that huh? ”

“ I… I didn’t know that …”

“ You know nothing, you are just a spoil, ignorant brat Jessica. You know what? This is exactly what should happen to you. Don’t blame your brother. Everything happened because of you. You were the one who hurt Yuri. You don’t deserve her or anyone else. You deserve to be tortured and died. ”

“ F…fine…You can kill me but please let me save Yuri… ”

“ What is she to me? I don’t care. ”

“ Tiff… please. Don’t do this to Yuri. Everything is my fault. Please, she doesn’t deserve any of it. ”

“ You are at my mercy now Jessica and I don’t have any mercy for a like you. ”