Another betrayal?

ICE & FIRE

Hyoyeon’s POV

 

“What is the meaning of this, Seolhyun?” I asked the tall woman in front of me. Clearly I’m not liking what I’m seeing right now. I drove like a mad woman after receiving her call saying she has new important information to tell me. I got off my car and walked into the abandon house that she told me to come only to have guns shoving at my face. Why did they even need guns anyway? Aren’t these watchdogs supposed to be royals?

“I think the meaning should be clear to you by now, Master.” The tall human didn’t even budge when the five watchdogs brought me down to my knee. When did they become her minions anyway?

“Where is the crystal?” I looked up at my ex friend who was acting like a queen and wondered who is backing her up for this?

“I will never tell you even if I die. Why do you sell your soul? What did Yonghwa promise to give you?” Instead of replying, Seolhyun got up from her chair and headed for the door. Why? Is this little confrontation too hard on her? How funny.

“You know Yonghwa better than anyone else, do you think he would keep any of his word?!!!” I shouted at her just so she started to get some sense back. I struggled against the grip of her minions but they wouldn’t let go of me.

“You better behave.” Taeyang said as he kicked me hard on my back. I tried to get up as soon as I fell down but all of them kept on kicking me. What is the meaning of being a princess if I kept getting treat like this? Since I was young, I was told to never use my power on the people who are weaker than me. However, these low lives started to get on my nerve. My eyes turned yellow as I created a quick sand that swallowed all five of them until only their heads are visible. It was funny as hell, all of them deserved it.

“You guys stop!!!” I got up and dashed the dirt from my clothes. Seolhyun had come back inside probably trying to stop her minions but looked surprised to see me standing tall.

“Why are you so surprise? You think all of these clowns can stand against me?” I asked as the tall girl stepping back clearly understand her situation now.

“I never wanted to hurt you and I had never thought that you would ever betray me like this. From now on, you better stay away from us if you don’t want to get hurt.” It was the truth. I always think of her as my sister, never in my head have I wanted her to get hurt. I gave her a warning before taking my leave.

“You will never win this war. You have no idea what Yonghwa is capable of.” Seolhyun said before making her way out of the house and drove her car away leaving her minions behind. That was weird, something must be going on. I grabbed the nearest minion’s head and started interrogating them but none of them answer to my question.

 

Beep Beep

 

I let go of the spike like hair of one of their members, seriously these guys used too much hair gel. I turned to the beeping sound that seemed to come from a mobile phone. Looking around the soulless house, I finally spotted the culprit lying on the dusty floor. I grabbed the gadget and examined it. It obviously wasn’t put there beforehand, so it must have fallen during our fight. I opened it despite those annoying ICE’s protest, they were stupid enough to not put a password on their phone.

 

‘Come to the gun factory with Seolhyun when you’re done.’

 

So the beeping sound was indeed a message. Wait Gun factory? Isn’t that Sooyoung’s old house? They must be hiding something big. I must figure out what it is, before it can hurt anymore of us. I took out my own phone and started texting Sooyoung.

 

‘It is almost midnight. You have to drink the potion now before it boils into nothing. Remember to keep the crystal close to you and don’t give any of it to Seolhyun. I will tell you the detail later. For now, I will have to stay out longer than expected.’ As soon as I clicked sent. I threw their phone back on the ground and dashed outside. Too bad Seolhyun was already out of sight. I guess I will just have to go to the gun factory and see for myself.

 

Author’s POV

 

Sooyoung and Sunny walked back into the house as they received Hyoyeon’s message. They walked through the worn out door, toward the room that they thought the ICE princess had stayed in.

 

“What do you think Hyoyeon mean about not giving any of the potion to Seolhyun?” Sooyoung asked as the short girl walked ahead of her inside their temporary shelter.

“I don’t know. She said she will tell the detail later so we can just wait.” Sunny replied as she stopped in front of the only bedroom located on the ground floor of the house.

“You should go take the potion. I’ll go check on Jessica.” Sunny said. Sooyoung nodded agree and walked ahead to Amber who was still tending to the vector. The tall human tapped on the Earth’s youngest princess trying to get her attention only to end up startling her instead.

“What were you thinking about? I have never seen you jump so high.” The young girl glared at the latter but didn’t bother to answer her question.

 

Bang

 

“Where is Jessica?!!!” Sunny came running toward them scaring her crush in the process.

“What is going on?” Amber looked up to the scary cat and her own sister before putting the spoon down and gave them a piece of white paper. Sunny grabbed the paper and read aloud for her tall friend to hear.

“You guys may hate to hear this but I’m going to save Seulgi. Don’t worry, I’ll be okay. Just worry about our plan. I will be back before you know it.” The small girl dropped her head down trying to focus on the job at hand and too scared to face the disbelief looks on the older girls’ faces.

“This is crazy. Are you telling me that the injured Jessica went out on a suicide mission to save Seulgi?” Sunny’s voice got as high as her anger which was starting to scare her little sister. Amber didn’t dare to voice out a word or even to take a breath.

“Sunny, would you calm down? Even if she tried, Amber would never be able to stop Jessica anyway.” Sooyoung said, the smallest girl walked behind the tallest one, hiding away from her own sister. Sooyoung was right. Not that she didn’t try, actually she did but well who can stop the ICE princess when she was in her princess mode. Sunny looked at her younger sister and felt extremely bad for scaring her, so she sat down on the sofa and tried hard to control her voice.

“I’m sorry. I was just too shock. I think we should go out and find Jessica or at least try to save Seulgi too.” Amber nodded agree, finally got the courage to came out of her hiding and sat down next to her sister. Sunny hugged the younger girl and mumbled apology to her again.

“Sure we can but according to Hyoyeon I should drink the potion first.” Sooyoung replied, she picked up the spoon that was left beside the vector and started transferring the potion into a cup. The tall girl looked at the liquid that was swaying in her cup, despite the many colors from the magic stone, the substance was colorless.

“Are you sure about that? Shouldn’t we wait for Hyoyeon unnie?” Amber asked clearly concern about her friend, who knew what the potion does? Even the potion master herself had no idea.

“We don’t have much times, we just have to trust her for now.” Sunny replied and urged the tall girl to get it over with. Sooyoung took a sip trying to understand what she got herself into. To her surprise, the potion had no taste. She put her hand up signaling her that she was okay before gulping down the whole thing.

“Does that work?” A voice came out behind them which startling the trio. The sibling looked back in horror. Behind them standing against the wall with an empty bottle in her hand was Tiffany.

“Unnie!!!” Amber screamed, she jumped from the sofa and held tight to the crystal that was in her jean pocket. Sunny got up after her sister and stood in front of her in case the older sibling has anything up her sleeve.

“Yeah good to see you too. Now Sooyoung answer me, does that potion work?” Sooyoung who had been quiet since the start of the commotion looked at Tiffany. She tried to voice out something but couldn’t produce a sound. Sensing trouble, Sunny ran toward Sooyoung just in time for the tall girl to fall into her embrace.

“Sooyoung! Sooyoung talk to me. Are you okay?” The tall girl tried looked at Sunny. The short girl was shock, the tall girl’s eyes were no longer black, her pupils had four different colors circling inside them. Her whole body was so hot as if it was on fire before turning ice cold. Sunny put her on the ground as she couldn’t stand against the changing temperature of the tall girl’s body.

“Seems like it’s working.” Tiffany said upon witnessing the whole things. She walked up to the vector with the empty bottle which showed her true purpose to her sibling.

“You can’t take that.” Amber screamed once again as she tried to stop her sister. Tiffany looked at her watch, she didn’t have time to waste. She put the bottle down and threw Amber to the wall. Before her sister could fight back, she used her power to grow vines from the wall and tied the young girl to it. Sunny who saw the fight between her sisters, turned herself into King Kong and charged toward Tiffany. The older girl used her vines to grab tight on her sister’s neck and hands breaking her defense. The shorter girl turned back to her human form as the animal one couldn’t speak.

“Unnie, stop this right now. Don’t make me regret for being born the same blood as you.” Sunny said, now that she knows that her sister is evil, then maybe her talk about family can meant something to her. To her surprise, the vines’ grip on her neck was tighten instead of letting loose.

“So you’re regret huh? I’ll make you regret even harder.” The older girl said before taking a bottle of potion out of her pocket. She looked at her youngest sibling before pouring the liquid down Sunny’s throat.

“Stop!!! What are you doing to her?” Amber shouted struggling against the vines that was holding her down. Due the force that she put against the fight, the Crystal inside her pocket fell down to the floor. Tiffany let go of Sunny who was falling down the floor coughing out blood. The short girl looked up at her older sister who ignored her and started walking toward Amber again.

“D-don’t h-hurt h-her…” She voiced out before fainting in her own pool of blood.

 

Hyoyeon’s POV

 

I followed Seolhyun’s trace until Sooyoung’s factory. In order to not alert anyone, I parked my car three blocks away from it. I walked quietly inside the hidden door. Even though I had never been here before, I knew this place well from the drawing that Sooyoung had shown all of us. I started walking pass the empty hallway and the crates of old guns that were here way before this place was turned into a ghost town. I stopped in front of a door when I started to hear voices coming out from it.

 

“Where are the other five? Didn’t I tell them to come with you?” That was Yonghwa’s voice. He must be talking about the watchdogs.

“They are not important. They were very useless by the way.” Seolhyun replied back.

“If they really are that useless, how did you get out of there alive? Don’t answer, that is not important to me anyway. Where is the Crystal?” Yonghwa questioned her. His voice sounded impatient.

“I haven’t got it yet.”

“What do you mean you didn’t get it? What did I even send you there for huh?”

“Don’t worry about it, my associate is getting it. My guess, she probably takes a hold of it by now.” Who is her associate? Why does she talk about her with such confidence?

“She better be.” It seemed like they were the only two people in the room.

“Don’t worry too much. With this much soldiers, they can only beat you in their dreams.” Okay now I want to puke. How did a person change overnight? Wait soldiers? What are they talking about?

“For now, let’s get dinner and we’ll talk when Tiffany comes back.” I hid behind the wall when they opened the door and walked out. Phew almost got caught. Wait did I hear wrong? Didn’t she say Tiffany? Oh my god the trio will be in grave danger. I have to go back.

 

Bang Bang

 

I stopped my track as I stopped in front of the door that they were in before. That sounded like gun firing and if I remembered correctly from Sooyoung’s map, this room was supposed to be where the factory’s machinery located. I looked left and right before inviting myself in through the door.

 

What I found inside was horror. I was right, it was exactly the room that I described but the machineries were no longer there. There were over hundreds of soldiers practicing their firing skills. However, that wasn’t the shocking part. Those soldiers were not ICE citizens. They were humans, small children and teenagers. Now I know the truth. The humans didn’t run away from their home, they were captured by the ICE. We have to find better ways if we really want to win this.