Kwon Yuri

ICE & FIRE

24 hours before the security siren broke out

Bang Bang

The sound of a security stick bang on the cell's door woke Yuri up from her sleep.
“ What the is wrong with you ? It's 1 am for god sake!!! ” Yuri shouted at the security
“ How many time do we have to tell you to talk politely to us ? You've been here for 6 years already so you’re better get used to the fact that you are not a princess anymore. ” Gyuri, the security guard replied back at her
“ Just say whatever you want and get it over with ” Yuri said annoyingly, Gyuri smirked and said “ Your doom day will arrive soon, the wedding day of Princess YoonA and the Ice princess is coming up. There's no way they keep you around any longer haha ” Gyuri laughed evilly and walked away
The sound of her annoying laugh woke Yuri's cell mate up
“ hmm what was that ? ” Sooyoung said tiredly
“ YoonA is going to get married with Jessica. ” Yuri said
“ Jessica? The ice princess? Your ...? ” Sooyoung asked
“ Shut up Soo, I'm not in the ing mood for reminiscing. ”
“ Alright alright so what made that witch laugh that hard earlier ”
“ The ICE will not let me live any longer ”
“ Damn Yul this is bad, we’ve got to do something to save you ”
“ What do think we can do, you're just a mere human ” Yuri said those phrase just to get a glare from Sooyoung
“ Yah how many time have I told you to stop looking down on human ... well on me? At least I saved your back then remember? ”
To Yuri’s dismay, the reminiscing began

Flashback
6 years earlier

Everyone looked at the 13 years old kid in pity. The official order from the Fire ruler said that Kwon Yuri is no longer a princess of The Kwon and that she will be sent to die in the prison. As a 13 years old kid, Yuri had no idea what's going on. She had no idea how did she woke up in prison.
She cried when her parents and sister were nowhere to save her. She was in sorrow because she didn't know what she did to deserve this. As they arrived at the prison, they pushed her in a cell. She cried all night in prison that night.
“ Wake up! you have works to do. You're not a princess anymore. ” The security banged on her cell door loudly
“ ” she cursed but she still got up and left the cell. She has to do a lot of works now compare to when she didn't have to lift a finger before. All she did in the palace was practice her duty for the role of the ruler but now look at her, she had to live in this hell hole until she dies.
She was lost in her thought so she didn't watch where she was going. She bumped into Minah, the other inmate, and made her cloth dirty.
“ ing !!! ” Minah shouted loudly which made her minions ran to her side. Yes, Minah has a group, in fact she's the leader of this group or more like her gang. They control the prison because all the other inmate in this prison are humans and Fires who are weaker than them.
“ Sorry ” Yuri apologized and about to walked away when someone hit her with a fire fist that sent her right across the field. Minah got on top of Yuri and pulled her collar up.
“ You dare walk away from me? Better remember you used to be princess that now you are as worthless as us.” she laughed as she completely humiliated Yuri. Yuri is extremely mad at this point, she pushed Minah away from her.
“ You’re right, I'm not a princess anymore but my power is still strong enough to sent you to your grave ” Yuri muttered angrily and charged toward Minah. She sent a flying kick to Mianh's stomach which broke her rib and made Minah cry loudly. The other prisoners looked at them in horror while Minah's minions ready to attack Yuri. When ...
“ Stop them !!! ” a voice shouted then the securities came and broke the fight
Yuri was standing there with raging breath when the securities came and escorted her into the head security's office.
“ You are in a big trouble ” the security said with a smirk on his ugly face
“ I don't think so ” Yuri smiled mockingly at him
“ You brat !!! ” he was about to hit her
“ Enough! get out! ” General Kim, the head security said which made the ugly guy bowed and left
Yuri laughed and smirked at the guy before he left. General Kim saw that and shook his head.
He signed and said “Yuri ...” but Yuri cut him

“ Dad ” she said with a serious face “ Where is Taeyeon? Why isn't she helping me? More importantly why aren't you helping me? ”
“ Yuri, you have to understand that this is not a small matter. Your parents were forced against their will. The ICE made them do this.”
“ I don't care who made them do that. I am their daughter, how could they left me to die? ” General Kim sighed. He wished he didn’t have to say this but now he has to.
“ Because you are dangerous ” Yuri's eyes showed anger when she heard that
“ I would never hurt anyone ” she replied sternly
“ Yuri listen, your power is not something you can control. You know that anger fuel your power, the angrier you are the more your power become uncontrollable. By the look of that fight and the condition that Minah is in, we can clearly see that you can't control yourself. ”
“ She started it !!! ”
“ Doesn't matter who started it first, from now on I don't want to see you getting in any fight or hurt anyone anymore ”
“ Dad !!! ” Yuri shouted for the first time to her best friend's father
“ Enough, it's time for lunch now so go eat ”
“ Tell Taeyeon that her best friend will not die in here. Tell her to plan a party and throw it for me when I get out. ” she said and walked out of his office
General Kim sighed as she left “ I'm sorry Yuri, I have no power to save you. ”

Yuri's POV

I've never felt more disappoint in my entire life. General Kim is like a father to me, I've always look up to him but even him think that I'm dangerous. I've never wanted to use my power to hurt anyone. I shouldn't have agreed to Jessica's grandfather when he requested me to do the experiment. I never want to be a halfer hack I don't even know what is a halfer. Well this is not my biggest problem right now, i should stay out of trouble since General Kim told me so. Guess I'll just go find something to eat.
As I was walking into the cafeteria, everyone looked at me. The humans' eyes were full of fear while the Fires' eyes were full of hate. I ignored them all and got in the waiting row to get food. It was almost my turn when I got pushed to the ground. I sighed what now?
“ You think we're going act like nothing happen after you broke our leader's ribs? ” can't these freaks let me live in peace?
“ What do you want? ” I asked
“ What do I want ? haha don't act innocent ”
“ Yura stop wasting time, let's punish her ” it! I'm going to kill these es now
I pushed that name Yura away when a pair of long slender arms hug my shoulder from the back. What the? Who the ? I was about to push that person off when she whispered in my ear
“ stay still don't do anything else, I'm saving your right now. ” I sense that she's a human. How dare a human touch me? Not to mention saving my ? You've got to be kidding me. She start speaking Before I said anything
“ Guys guys please calm down ”
“ Stupid Soo get the out of our businesses ” Yura shouted at that girl name Soo. She let go off me when she saw that I just stay still
“ Please just this one Yura, she's just new so she didn't know the rule. Let me teach her all the rules and who to respect ”
“ You ? haha she may have killed you before you could even say a word ” Yura and her group mates laughed at Sooyoung
“ I'm not worry because I know she's not as strong as you ”
“ Alright teach her well and you better wish that she apologize to us after that or else ” they said and left. Well this girl is pretty clever
“ See ? I saved you ” she grinned at me
“ Whatever ” I took a tray of food and sat down at one of the tables. She came and sat in front of me. This girl is damn annoying.
“ I will never apologize ” I said
“ You have to ” I glared at her, she seem scare for a bit before she put back her poker face
“ Listen I think you already know that they sent you here to die. Do you think they would let you stay here in peace? ”
“ What's your point ? ”
“ My point is that you're going die faster, if you continue to make more trouble. Everyone wants you dead so you should take good care of yourself in here. ”
I didn't say anything and keep listening to her
“ I know it hurts your pride but please apologize. You have to live in other to get out of here and maybe help me out of here too. We both are too young to die. ”
“ Why did you end up here anyway ? ” I asked her , her eyes got teary
“ My whole family got killed by the ICE but there's no justice for human so they find it easier to put the blame on this 12 years old kid. That's y I end up here. ”

End of flashback
End of Yuri's POV

“ Stop reminiscing, it was embarrassing to apologize to those freaks ” Yuri scolded Sooyoung
“ Well at least you live until now ” Sooyoung said
“ I will die soon ” Yuri sighed
“ By her ? ” Sooyoung made a joke trying to lift up the mood
“ Shut up ” Yuri said and started tickling Sooyoung
“ I regret accepting you to be in the same cell as me ” Yuri said
“ Well I was not accepted by you, I asked them to be with you and they just agreed ” Sooyoung merong Yuri and laughed “ Just go back to sleep, we worry about your life later ”
Just like that sleep consumed both of them, well only Sooyoung while Yuri was staying awake all night.