The Receipt

ICE & FIRE

Hyoyeon’s POV

 

I drove out of the prison as soon as I got Sooyoung’s message saying that Seohyun dropped by at the hideout on her way to find Jessica and Tiffany. She suspected that Tiffany might hurt Jessica. Right now my head is spinning, what had happened to the world? Can we not trust anyone anymore? I turned my head to the passenger seat looking at the sleepy 12 years old girl on my right side. Poor kid, Soojung ha if you knew how much sin had your family member cause, would you react the same way as me? I picked up my phone and dialed Irene’s number. After about 5 rings, the phone was answered.

“ Hello Ir… ” I stopped midway when I heard crying.

“ Irene what’s wrong? ”

“ Your highness, this is Joy. ” Hearing Joy’s voice, I can sense that she had been crying all along.

“ Joy, what happened? Where is Irene? ”

“ Unnie unnie is …unconscious. ”

“ What? ” I shouted almost woke up Krystal who turned her back to me and went back to sleep.

“ Where is Jessica and Tiffany? Right Seohyun is a healer, ask her she’ll help you. ”

“ No, Jessica needed her more. ” This is mess up.

“ Unnie don’t worry about us, please make sure that Jessica is okay. ”

“ How can I not be worry of you guys? Why haven’t you tell me about Seulgi? ”

“ We can’t destroy your marriage. ” I chuckled, that marriage was a joke.
“ It’s broken now, take care of Irene. Tell her that no matter what happened, I’ll bring Seulgi back to her. ” I hung up the phone as I arrived at the hideout.

“ Soojung! Soojung wake up ” Soojung woke up and glared at me, what a princess.

“ I told you that I hate that name. ” She rubbed her eyes and looked around. “ Where is unnie? ”

“ Not important, let’s get out. ”

I walked into the house and stopped in my track when I saw the person who sit beside Sooyoung.

“ Seolhyun, what are you doing here? ”

“ Your highness, I have bad news. ” She walked up to me and showed me a bottle of potion. It looked so familiar. It was the same potion that destroyed the memories of Jessica’s parents.

“ They feed it to Yuri just couple of hours ago. ” I dropped down on the floor as soon as the sentence came out of . The battle didn’t even start yet and we already lost.

“ D…did it work? ”

“ She no longer remember her mother. ”

 

Author’s POV

In the car

 

“ Jessica are you okay back there? ” Wendy asked as she anxiously looking at the road.

“ She lose too much blood, it will take longer than expect to heal her. How long will we arrived at the human nation. ”

“ It will take about 5 hours. By the way what is Tiffany? Isn’t she supposed to be an ICE? Why are her eyes green? ”

“ No, she’s not an ICE. Did you say green? Are you sure? ”

“ Yes, I’m sure, I saw her eyes with my own eyes. ”

“ That means she is already got her full power back which means she will be as strong as Yuri now. This is more complicated than I thought. ”

“ Why is it complicated? ”

“ Because Tiffany attacked Jessica. Right now we have no idea what her intention is? Nor which side she is on? Then that would make her another one of our enemy. ”

“ So if she is as strong as this Yuri. Who is Yuri by the way? ”

“ Yuri is the halfer and the one that we are supposed to save. ”

“ Does that mean Tiffany is a halfer too? ”

“ She clearly is according to the fact that the force field can’t affect her. Now we got a halfer to save and another one on our tail. We have to be careful and planned our way very well. ”

“ Urgg ” Jessica’s groan startled both of them.

“ Jessica, are you okay? ” Wendy asked in concern. What if she dies on the way there? Is everything going to be wasted?

“ Jessica, something stuck inside your body, I can’t completely heal you. We have to take it out. ” Seohyun was about to take the blade out before got stopped by Jessica’s hand.

“ No, you can’t ”

“ Why? ” Jessica groaned as she turned her body to show her back to Seohyun.

“ It belongs to Tiffany. It can be poisonous. ” Seohyun’s eyes widen when her eyes landed on the Jessica’s vein that was turning darker.

“ Oh my god, is that blade covered in poisonous Earth receipt? How can Tiffany get her hand on that? ”

“ What do you mean by that? Isn’t it supposed to be hers? It is the Earth’s receipt after all. ” Wendy asked obviously oblivious about the fallen nation called Earth.

“ When the Earth became weak after their heirs got stolen from them, the ICE came in and took everything including their potion receipt. ” Tiffany replied

“ Potion receipt? I thought the only nation who possesses the ability to create such amazing thing are the ICE and the Sand. ” Seohyun chuckled. They really did a good job in washing people’s mind.

“ The potion originated from the Earth. The only nation who possesses the ability that you talked about is them. Not until the Earth and the Sand decided to make an ally that the latter learn of such creation. ”

“ How about …? ”

“ The ICE? They are thieves, stealing is the only thing they know of. As you may already know, the Earth has poison, the sand has the crystal, the fire has great mind ability. The ICE would never stay still knowing that they are nothing special. ” Seohyun narrated became more aggressive when she remembered how the Fire ruler and his wife, her girlfriend and her sister were suffered.

“ That is why they decided to take everything. ”

“ By lying, deceiving, mind washing, they are nothing but a …” She was stopped by Jessica’s groaning.

“ Jessica! Are you okay? ” Seohyun asked upon seeing the blade started to burn deeper into her skin. She turned Jessica around after hearing her reply only to witness her blue eyes staring back at her.

“ Jessica ”

 

At the Fire palace

 

“ I asked you again, where are my parents? ” screamed YoonA whose hand were gripping on the lead guard’s collar. The other guards in the room didn’t dare looking at their furious leader who was about to killed anyone in her way.

“ You…your majesty, we suspect that they are being held inside the ICE’s prison. ”

“ Suspect? The nation is in chaos, the people are scared, the vice general is nowhere to be seen and you so called leader asked me to kill her. Is suspect the best you can do? ” Too scare to face the burning red eyes that was less than 10 cm from his face, the guard tried lowing his head to calm himself down.

“ W…we are sure that they are in there. ”

“ Then what are you waiting for? An invitation? ”

“ You… your majesty, we can’t just walk into the ICE’s prison. We will casue war. ”

“ War? What do you think we are in right now huh? You scary cat, if you are that scare of them killing you, how about I just end it right now? ”

“ P…please spare me, your highness ”

“ You useless trash ” YoonA screamed as she threw the guy down while make sure not to kill him.

“ What are you still standing here for? ” YoonA asked looking at the other guards in the room.

“ Wha... what do you want us to do? ”

“ Didn’t your stupid leader said that the ruler and his wife are locked up in the prison? ”
“ Your highness, he also said that we can’t go there without causing war. ”

“ Yah I’m telling you to create that war. Now scram. ” All the guards ran out in fear as soon as they heard YoonA’s stern voice.

“ Go back in. ” The guards stopped at the voice of their commander.

“ Master ”

“ What are you standing here for? I told you to go back inside. ”

“ But your majesty… ”

“ I said GO BACK IN !!! ”

“ Kim Taeyeon, what do you think you are doing? ” YoonA screamed as soon as she heard the familiar voice. “ Go on your way. ” YoonA said as she turned to the guards.

“ Go back in ”

“ I said to go ”

“ As your superior, I command you to go back into the palace. ”

“ As your ruler… ”

“ You are not … our ruler. ”

“ Kim Taeyeon ! ” In a blink of an eye Taeyeon was already on the ground from the strong blow of YoonA’s fist. She sat up and wiped the blood from .

“ You can scream at me, hit me or kill me, I don’t care. But you can’t sent an army to the Fire’s prison. ”

“ Are you kidding yourself? Who are you to say that I can’t? ”

“ You are not the ruler. You have no control over us. ”

“ I’m the princess, the daughter of the ruler and his wife. Have you lost your ing memory when your stupid head got hit? ”

“ I don’t lost any memory and my memory told me that the one who should be the ruler is the ruler and his wife’s first daughter, Kwon Yuri. ” Everyone’s eyes widen upon hearing the name, no one had ever dare mention the halfer especially in front of YoonA.

“ You cross the line. ”

“ I am and I will do it more, so just go back into the palace and cry in your little room little girl. ”

“ I guess I didn’t hit you enough before. ” YoonA said before throwing a Fire punch toward Taeyeon’s face.

 

At the hideout

 

“ What should we do, your highness? At this rate, Yuri will kill her own mother. ” Seolhyun asked as she saw her master sat down on the sofa, too shock of the revelation of what happened to Yuri.

“ W…we must prepare all the ingredient for the potion as fast as we can. Did you bring the ingredient with you? ”

“ Yes, I got all of them. ” Seolhyun said gesturing toward many boxes standing beside the wall.

“ Then we must cooked everything so that we only have to wait for one important ingredient, the Crystal. ”

“ It’s too late. ” Everyone turned to the owner of the familiar voice who was standing at the door.

" What are you doing here? ” Hyoyeon asked with such coldness. Everyone was shocked to see this sight of hers. ‘ What happened to them? ’ Sunny mouthed at Sooyoung only to get ignore by the latter.

“ I tried to stop you from making a fool out of yourself. ”

“ Get out ”

“ Fine. Here is the receipt to create something extraordinary. It is the only thing that can help you. Yongwha had used the Crystal to turn himself into a monster. The only thing that can stand a chance with him is the halfer. You don’t have one of that anymore, remember? ”

“ I will take my leave then. Krystal let’s go. ” Nicole said and gestured Krystal to her car. Sunny walked up to the table and picked up the receipt.

“ It is said that the receipt can only use on human. ”

“ What does it do? ” Amber asked

“ It will turn them into something similar to the halfer. ”

“ Human? You can use it on me. ” Sooyoung volunteered

“ No way, it is dangerous. ” Sunny said

“ I don’t need your permission. ”

“ Sunny is right. This potion had never been succeed. You could end up getting killed. ”

“ Then go for it. There is no reason for me to live if Yuri become a weapon. I can’t stand still while my bestfriend is being tortured like this. ”

“ Sooyoung, would you use your head for once! ” Sunny screamed out of frustration.

“ Look who’s talking ”

“ If that is the case then make one for me too. ”

“ Why you? ” Sooyoung asked

“ Let’s just say that Yuri is precious to a lot of people. I have to go back now before they become suspicious. ”

 

As Seolhyun drove back to the ICE, her phone rang.

“ Hello ”

“ Thank you for the poisonous Earth receipt, I used it well. ”

“ I’m glad, have you give a thought about my proposal? ”

“ Get me the whole receipt book then we will talk. ”