EIGHT

Moments of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"Uhmm.. Sunbaes, should we take a seat?" Seungri asked trying to break the uncomfortable silence.

Jaejoong and Yoochun looked at each other for a second before moving to take a seat across the YG artists.

Uncomfortable with the silence, Seungri started blabbering as he started serving the food to the three older people. "So, I heard you've just come back from overseas. Where were you promoting?"

"Japan." Yoochun answered simply as he surveyed the food in front of him. When their CEO asked him to join this meeting, this really wasn't what he was expecting. He didn't actually know what he was expecting but he definitely wasn't expecting to be seated at a table with Sandara Park.

"Oh. We love Japan. Don't we, noona?" Seungri asked Dara. Dara nodded then went back to staring a her plate. "Noona loves the curry there."

"I know." Jaejoong said quietly.

"You do?" Seungri asked. "Oh, noona posts about it a lot in her SNS accounts especially when she's craving for -"

"I remember when she finished her food in less than fifteen minutes only to start eating mine right after." Jaejoong smiled tightly. "Do you remember, Sandara?"

"I do." Dara responded. 

"I remember how we almost weren't able to make our flight back to Korea because you left your take-out at our hotel and you kept sulking until I finally agreed to get you another one." Jaejoong put a piece of shrimp on Dara's plate. "Do you remember that?"

"I remember." She whispered. "I remember everything."

There was complete silence after that. With Jaejoong staring at Dara, Dara staring at her plate and Seungri and Yoochun staring at both them.

Finally, Jaejoong broke the silence.

"What do you want from me, Sandara?" He asked. Exhaustion dripping from every word. Yoochun and Seungri remained quiet as they watched the byplay between the two.

"I.. Sajangnim said.."

"I know what YG wants. I know what our CEO wants. I asked what the fck you wanted!" Dara flinched when he pounded his fist on the table. Seungri inched closer to Dara in alarm.

"Jae.." Yoouchun warned his friend.

"I want to apologize!" Dara cried.

"For what?"

"For everything I did. For everything I didn't do." Tears were streaming down Dara's face by this time. "I should have told you. Talked to you.. I shouldn't have run away and refused your calls. I'm sorry."

Jaejoong looked at Dara stoically. He reached out to wipe the tears from her face. "There was a time when I would have killed anyone who made you cry. I wanted to kill him, you know.."

"I know." 

"I still do." He admitted, resignation and even a twinge of pain and bitterness clearly heard in every word. "Are you happy with him?"

"I love him." Dara confessed. Her words were soft, not wanting to add insult to injury, but filled with conviction.

"Then I won't kill the motherfcker." He said simply. In defeat? Surrender? Or maybe dismissal? Dara wasn't sure what emotions were behind his words. "I'll work with you, Sandara. Only because it is required of me. We're both professionals so I know we can put on a pretty believable act."

"I understand. I hope someday you can find it in your heart to forgive me." Dara's voice cracked as her tears flowed non-stop.

"I have no heart." He said with a bitter laugh. "You shattered it to pieces just as I shattered everything in that dmned hotel room. Do you remember?"

"I do." Dara bowed her head as more tears continued to course down her face. "I'm so sorry."

"Of course you do. I'm glad you do and I hope you never forget." He waited for her to look back up at him before continuing. "The timing of this apology just makes me think you're doing this because your CEO ordered you to. So if it's forgiveness you want, you're out of luck."

Dara choked back a sob at his words. She stopped herself from making any sound, knowing that Jaejoong deserved to have his say.

"I guess you just have to live with the knowledge that someone hates you. And that for once, you totally deserve every dmned bit of it." He picked up his chopsticks and started eating. "The food is excellent. Chun, you should try the shrimp."

Yoochun let out an awkward laugh but he took a piece and tried it anyway.

"I'm just going to wash my face. Excuse me for a moment." Dara stood up and made her way to the door. Her legs faltering a bit as she walked away from the table. Seungri was afraid she was going to collapse. Thankfully, she managed to right herself before quickly walking out of the room.

For a brief moment, Seungri saw regret flash on Jaejoong's face but the older guy quickly shook it off, putting an air of casual disinterest instead.

"I don't know what happened between the two of you but if anybody else spoke to her that way I would have had him flat on his back regardless of who he is." Seungri told the man seated across Dara's now empty chair. "But she asked me not to get mad at you no matter what you say to her. She told me to try to understand your anger because she hurt you and she probably deserved it. If you doubt the timing of her apology, don't doubt her. If you knew her as well as you implied then you know her character. Just because she didn't apologize to you directly before now doesn't mean she didn't regret whatever it is she did. You didn't see her when Sajangnim brought up this meeting. Her face paled and she didn't even protest no matter how awkward she must have felt. She told Sajangnim that you deserve this apology and that she owes you. I hope you remember the Dara you must have liked even a little before you started hating her."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter