TWENTY

Moments of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Jiyong was tapping his fingers on the table in time to the beat as he listened to song they just finished recording. It's a good song, and it has the potential to be their next All Kill. Something felt off though.   He asked Teddy to play the song again and asked for him and Kush for their opinions, maybe they can help identify whatever it was that was nagging him about the song. Daesung fled the scene right after Seungri did. Youngbae was lying down on the couch, playing some game on his phone.
  "This song's dope, Ji!" Kush pronounced after another run through. 
  "Yeah.." He said absentmindedly. "Can you play it one more time?"
  This time, he reached for a pair of headphones and put it on and waited as Teddy fiddled with some buttons. He closed his eyes as he immersed himself in the music. When the song ended he removed the headphones but his eyes remained closed.
  Teddy kicked the couch Youngbae was lying down on to get his attention. Youngbae looked at him and Teddy gestured towards Jiyong who still had his eyes closed.
  "Hyung, can you play it one more time? Listen to the verse right after the chorus." 
  Teddy shrugged and complied, pressing this button and that button to make the song play on the speakers. 
  During the song, Jiyong once again tapped the beat on the table.
  Youngbae sighed and plopped down on the chair next to Jiyong. He turned to his best friend, "It sounds good, Jiyong. I think Seungri and Daesung harmonized really well near the end plus TOP hyung's accompaniment? Awesome."
  "Something's bugging me, though" Jiyong commented.
  "Are you sure it's the song?" Youngbae asked. Jiyong looked at him with a questioning glance. "Did Sajangnim say something? You've been in a bad mood since you got back."
  "Nah. He just talked about doing something with the trainees. I think they'll be speaking to you guys soon about it too."
  "Then what?" Youngbae asked.
 

"Nothing. It's this stupid song." Frustration was dripping in every word. Youngbae just gave him a look. The look that said I've been your best friend since we were kids and you can't bull me. Jiyong rolled his eyes and snuck a peak at Teddy and Kush who were pretending to be busy. "It was.. Just.. Dara and TOP hyung.. You guys know I trust her and love her and even though I do tend to get extremely jealous and possessive.. Yes. I know I'm those things." He told Teddy and Kush when they snickered. "I try to curb it since this was an issue for us before. I know she won't cheat on me ever. Not only because she's just not that kind of person but with the stuff with her dad as well.. It's not like it's something I can control, I mean the feeling. Obviously, I try to control my actions.. It's just hard.. I went to Sajangnim's office and saw the two of them on the CCTV feed. They were - "
 

"What were they doing?!" Kush asked scandalized. Teddy hit him on the head.

Jiyong threw him a dirty look. "They were just talking. Looks like they were joking around. I didn't really hear because YG hyung said having audio on the CCTV feeds is considered wiretapping. Then TOP hyung gave Dara a cigarette -"

  "Dara smokes?!" Kush once again exclaimed loudly, earning him another hit from Teddy.
  "She doesn't. Or didn't. I'm not sure if does now." Jiyong answered honestly.
  "And you're mad because.. you don't want Dara to smoke?" Teddy asked carefully.
  "Do I have the right to be mad for that?" Jiyong asked incredulously. "Even with me cutting back, I smoke practically half a pack a day."
  "Doesn't mean you aren't though." Youngbae pointed out.
  "I'm not. Honestly, I'm not mad about that." Jiyong assured them.
"But you're mad about something else?" 
  "Not mad.. Just.. Something.. Jealous, I guess. Seeing her laughing with TOP hyung and I just thought if she wanted to try something new, she would approach me. It's not like I'd judge her or something."
  "It's TOP hyung." Youngbae reasoned out.
  "I know that! I also know that he's completely in love with Bom noona. It's irrational, even I know  that."
  "Well, you fell in love with a good girl, Ji." Teddy commented. "She's pretty but she's also genuinely nice, smart and extremely loyal. She's a cool chick all around. Of course she'd have friends who are guys. I thought you were cool with it? I thought her being close with Dongwook and Il Woo even way back then would sort of desensitize you. "
  "I am. Or maybe I'm not. I don't know." Jiyong sighed and sank deeper into his chair.
  "Then break up with her." Youngbae said calmly.
  "Yah! Dong Youngbae! What are you saying?!" This time Kush couldn't contain his surprise. He actually stood up and stomped in front of Youngbae who calmly looked at him. Jiyong's face was frozen with an expression of surprise and confusion.
  "Dara is great girl. You said it yourself, hyung." Youngbae began, gesturing towards Teddy. "We've been selfish with the girls before. We kept guard during shows and events. Kept them away from other people, specifically of the male kind, yeah? We justified it by saying that we wanted to keep them safe but actually just didn't want to share them. We're a bit better now. All of us." He turned towards Jiyong. "Especially you. And now that noona is branching out in other projects without 2ne1 and YG family, she's bound to meet a lot of new people and some of them are male. Like I said earlier, she's a great girl and she's going to make friends. You can't deal with that, better let her go because her making friends and hanging out with guys is not something that won't happen. And you can't ask her not to be friendly. She'd be branded a diva or stuck up or worse, she'd end up unhappy."
  "Man's got a point, Ji." Teddy commented. "If you're feeling that way when she's with TOP, someone you consider as a brother, that can't be good."
  "How do you guys do it?" He asked them.
  "I just remind myself that she chose me." Youngbae replied honestly. "Out of all the guys wanting to be with her, she chose me. I can't stop guys from wanting her, or even just wanting to be friends with her. I also can't stop her from being friends with guys. I want to be with her, not control her."
  After Youngbae's words all four of them lapsed into silence as they thought about his words. Jiyong knows his best friend is right. That's why he tries to control it, yeah? It's just really hard sometimes.
  The silence was broken when Kush suddenly raised his hands and said, "Hail Dong Youngbae, formerly relationship , has now levelled up into a love guru!"
  He got a throw pillow to the face courtesy of Teddy for his words, causing a very welcome burst of laughter from everyone in the room.
  "What's so funny?" Dara asked as she entered the room, with Seungri hiding behind her, peeking over her shoulder to assess the situation followed by TOP who was looking bored.
  "Never mind. You had to be there." Teddy answered. "What's up, Darong? How goes the Winner boys' rehearsal?"
  "They're doing good. Exhausted though." Dara commented as she sat on the chair beside Jiyong that Youngbae vacated for her. She hit her leg against Jiyong's as a way of greeting. "They're trying to break dance, I think."
  "Really?" Youngbae asked. His interest clearly peaked. "That would be awesome! Although not really their style."
  "Yep. I think that's why they're working so hard on it. Something new for the fans." Dara replied. She hit Jiyong's leg again since he didn't react when she did it earlier. "Hey, baby boy." 
  "Hey." Jiyong answered.
  Youngbae looked at Teddy and Kush worriedly while TOP and Seungri snickered.
  "What's wrong, Ji? Did Youngbae fail epically during recording?" TOP asked. "Or was it Seungri?"
  "Hyuuuung!" Suengri complained. "You know I did good. I always do good."
  "Well then, why does Jiyong look exhausted?" TOP asked again. 
  "Youngbae hyung, you really should be taking better care of your best friend. I mean.. Look at you! Look at him! You look all cool and relaxed and Jiyong hyung looks like someone lit his on fire." Seungri commented. "Maybe you should go up to the rooftop for a bit. I know you love that place."
  TOP snickered once again but tried to cover it up as a cough. "Or you wanna go on a cigarette break, Ji?"
  At this point, Jiyong, Youngbae, Teddy and Kush were looking at TOP and Seungri suspiciously. Dara was merely watching them in amusement.
  "We can hang out on on the rooftop and talk." TOP continued.
  "What are you going on about?" Jiyong finally asked.
  "See any good movies lately, babe?" Dara asked, her face the picture of innocence. "Or maybe some interesting CCTV feeds?"
  TOP and Seungri finally burst out laughing as comprehension dawned on the four earlier occupants of the room.
  "How did you know?" Youngbae asked. 
  "We figured it out. Well, Dara did." TOP answered. "When Seungri came barging in on us complaining about your temper tantrum."
  Dara leaned closed to Jiyong, looping her arm around his and placing her head on his shoulder. "Are you really mad, Jiyongie? I just wanted to try it since you and Tabi seem to be addicted."
  Jiyong sighed and placed a kiss on her forehead. "I'm not mad. I promise. I was a little pissed earlier but after I calmed down, I realized I was pissed over nothing. If you wanted to smoke I have no right to stop you, and hey, at least we can take smoke breaks together."   Dara scrunched her nose in disgust. "No, thank you. Did you see how hard I coughed after one teeny tiny puff?"
  "Yeah." Jiyong smiled reluctantly. He pulled Dara closer to him and planted another kiss on top of her head. "Hey, we're just about done here. How about you call Dongwook hyung to give him a heads up that we're coming?"
  "Oh, shoot." Dara sat up. "Tabi, where's my phone?"
  "I thought you went to get your phone earlier?" Jiyong asked quietly.
  "Yeah but we got distracted." Dara answered. "Tabi!"
  TOP looked at Dara and pouted.  "But I'm tired! You've been dragging my around all afternoon. I want to stay here."
  "Nobody told you to come with me to see Winner. You decided to come with me on your own." Dara huffed towards him. "Come on! Where did you put it?"
  "In my car. Maybe."
  "Tabi!" She pulled his hand, trying to force him to stand up. TOP looked at her in amusement, unfazed by her efforts. "Seungri! Help!"
  "I'm coming, noona!" Seungri reached over to take TOP's arm but was discouraged  to make contact with a glare from the older man.
  "Touch me and die, maknae."
  Seungri gulped. "You really should go get noona's phone. That might be considered stealing you know. You've been littering, destroying the environment, and now you're.." He  stopped and moved over to stand behind Jiyong's chair. "I'll stay over here noona. Ji hyung, you should make him get up."
  Jiyong remained silent until TOP finally stood up. "Fine. Fine. I'll get it."
  "I'm coming with you." Dara announced. "Knowing you, you'd get distracted again and forget about it. Again."
  "Excuse you. Weren't you the one who distracted me?" TOP shot back. The two could be heard bickering as they left the room.
  A few seconds later, the door opened again. "I'll be back, babe. I'll call Dongwook once I get my phone." She told Jiyong. Turning to the rest of the occupants she asked, "Are you guys coming with us?"
  Seungri raised his hand. "I'm coming!" 
  "Nah. I have a date tonight." Teddy told them with a wide smile.
  "I'm in." Youngbae answered. He sensed that Jiyong might need his support right now.
  "Pass. I need a break from you guys." Kush said dramatically.
  "Okay, then." Dara answered with a smile. "See you in a bit."
  After the door closed, the tension in the room was so palpable, Seungri shivered. Finally he couldn't take it. "Noona! I'm coming with you!" He shouted even though Dara was no longer in the room. He ran towards the door, "See you later, hyungs."
  His "Noooonaaaa!" could be heard as the door once again fell shut.
  "Ji." Youngbae called Jiyong's attention. 
  "Yeah?" 
  "You okay?"
  "Yeah." 
  They once again lapsed into silence. Even Kush dared not make a joke.
  "She chose me, right?" Jiyong asked them bleakly, breaking their silence.
  "Yeah, man. She chose you. Many times over." Youngbae assured. Teddy and Kush nodded enthusiastically. All three of them know that nothing is going on with Dara and TOP. It's just a little weird and their earlier conversation is still fresh on their minds. Added to that they can't believe they prefer the volatile and jealous G-Dragon over this contemplative Kwon Jiyong.

  ________________________________  
"San-toki, toki-ya" Choi Dongwook, or as he is known professionally, Se7en, greeted Dara as they entered the his restaurant. He bypassed Jiyong who was leading Dara inside and grabbed her for a hug. "How have you been?"
  "I've been well, hyung. Thanks for asking. Or even noticing that I'm also here." Jiyong said drily.
  "Pffft. Such a jealous boy." He released Dara and grabbed Jiyong for a hug. "Come here, my favorite dongsaeng!"
  Jiyong laughed and waved off the exuberant hug. "I'm good."
  "Well, we're hungry." Seungri proclaimed. 
  "Lee Seunghyun, impatient as always. Fine. Fine." He motioned for them to follow as he lead the way.  "Thank you for visiting my humble restaurant. I've prepared our usual table and also ordered the usual for everyone."
  "You say that like you've got a vast selection of food here." TOP commented wryly.
  "My handsome Choi brother, has the distance from me fried your brain? There's only one reason you go to Yeolbong, other than to visit me, of course. If you wanted variety, go to a food court." Dongwook answered back as they all sat around the table. 
  They settled around the table and chatted as they waited for the food to be served. Once the server appeared with their meal, they greeted her by name and happily dug in.
  Jiyong who was seated near the wall, was sitting with his back against it with half of his body facing the table and the other half was facing Dara. His left hand playing with Dara's free hand, which was resting on his leg. It required some maneuvering and dexterity    "Jiyongie, is that some sort of new yoga pose I haven't heard about?" Dongwook from the other side of Dara. "Or are you trying to be a pretzel?"
  "You're just jealous, hyung." Jiyong replied calmly.
  "Me? Jealous of you? Don't you know that this toki loved me first?" Dongwook asked him, referring to the fact that Dara was a Se7en fan long before she even met Big Bang. "She also loves me best. And hey, when she calls me oppa, it's actually true."
  "When have I ever called you oppa?" Dara asked him in amusement.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter