SEVENTEEN

Moments of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara and Seungri froze upon hearing Jiyong's voice. Both wondering how much he heard and both trying to recall if they said anything that could incriminate him.

"Hyung!" Seungri greeted as he hastily sat up. "Good thing you're already here. They're bullying me again!"

Dara took a couple of deep breaths before facing her boyfriend who was leaning against her bedroom door. His eyes hooded and his posture guarded as he took in the sight of another man on his girlfriend's bed beside her. "Hey, baby boy. When did you get here?"

"Just in time, won't you say so?" Jiyong asked casually.

Seungri gulped. "Exactly! Now you can scold them for being so mean." He pouted, hoping the cute little boy act would distract Jiyong from scolding him.

Jiyong slowly approached them and sat down next to Dara. "I'm sure you deserve it, you brat."

"Hyuuuung!" Seunrgi pretended to cry and hugged the plush toy he was holding closer to his chest. "I thought you loved me!"

Jiyong rolled his eyes at their maknae and looked at his girlfriend's smiling face. "I heard you got kidnapped today."

"Yeah. We really shouldn't let Bom and Seungri spend time together." Dara told him as she shifted so that her head was lying on Jiyong's lap. "They get crazier than usual."

"That's what they say about you and this rat. Or you and Bom noona." Jiyong smiled indulgently and ran his fingers through her hair. "That reminds me." He turned to Seungri with a glare. "Why were you running around the building carrying Dara? You could have dropped her! You really should stop with your games that could hurt others."

"We were just playing -"

'What if you slipped and dropped Dara?"

Seungri looked at Jiyong and realized that he really was worried and pissed off at the risk he feels Seungri placed Dara in. "Sorry. I won't do it again. But you know I wouldn't hurt noona, right?"

"I know that. Not intentionally, at least." Jiyong agreed as he ran his fingers through Dara's hair. "But that doesn't excuse you taking unnecessary risks. What you did earlier was a sprained ankle or broken bone waiting to happen. And the both of you have too much commitments to be sidelined by an injury."

Dara and Seungri looked at each other then lowered their eyes. "Sorry" They chorused. "We won't do it again."

Surprisingly, Jiyong let out a loud laugh. "Man, you even have apologizing in sync down perfectly. Seriously, how many times have you been required to do that?" He shook his head in amusement.

Bom who was walking by on her way to the kitchen heard Jiyong's laugh and peeked inside Dara's room. "Oh, is Seungri still sulking?"

"Like the spoiled brat that he is." Jiyong confirmed.

"Boo hoo, little baby." Bom teased. She looked at them for a moment before deciding to join them. She ran towards them and jumped on the bed with her arms spread out. Jiyong angled his body protectively over Dara so that when Bom landed on the bed she only jostled Dara a bit and crushed Seungri.

"Noona!" Seungri complained as he tried to swat the older girl with the toy he was holding. "You're too heavy! You need to see Hwangssabu right now! Oooof."

Bom grabbed the toy from him and hit him on the head repeatedly. "That's for calling me fat, you rat!"

She sat up and started bouncing around. "Ooooh. This is fun." She started pushing Seungri around. "Ooooooh.."

"Yah! I was here first! Why are you pushing me?" Seungri complained.

"Coz it's fun!" Bom responded. "And I know how much you like fun."

_________________________________

 

 

When they finally left the bedroom to join the others, the food was almost gone.

"But I haven't eaten yet!" Dara stomped her foot in protest.

"You snooze, you lose, noona." Daesung smiled up at her.

"Don't worry, unnie. I made up a plate for you." Minzy smiled at her sweetly.

"My baby Mingki is the best!" Dara clapped her hands as Minzy handed her a plate filled with food that she prepared for Dara earlier.

"Where's mine?" Seungri asked.

"You're the maknae. You should be the one preparing plates for your elders." TOP told him.

"Noona..." Seungri turned to Dara witha pitiful expression.

"Wipe that expression from your face. It's creepy." Youngbae told him calmly as he ate.

"But.. I'm hungry." Seungri whined. "And Jiyong hyung also hasn't eaten."

"Oh, I also saved food for oppa." Minzy told them. "He and Youngbae oppa came in late."

"What about me?" Seungri asked.

"Sorry, oppa. I thought you had food already since you were here when it arrived." Minzy said before sidling closer to CL for her safety.

Seungri stuck out his lower lip in a pout before taking a seat on the couch beside Dara. He leaned his head on her shoulder and whined. "Noona, I'm so hungry.."

"Aisht." Jiyong pushed his head away from Dara's shoulder and handed Seunrgi his plate. "Here. Take this and get away from my girlfriend. I'm the only one who's supposed to be all clingy and ."

Seungri's eyes lit up as he accepted the plate. "Just think of me as your son, hyung. Think of this as practice."

"God forbid our kid ends up like you." Jiyong dismissed his suggestion easily. After accepting the bite of food that Dara offered, he turned to the group. "So what's the what?"

"Dara unnie will be in a scene with Kang Dong Won, Kim Jaejoong and the great Choi Seunghyun!" Minzy told him, giving after every name. "Choi Seunghyun is the best!"

At Jiyong's WTF expression, CL filled him in. "We may or may not have been a little too excited over unnie being in a scene with Kang Dong Won and Kim Jaejoong. TOP oppa was feeling neglected."

"Big baby." Seungri mumbled.

"Were you saying something, Lee Seunghyun?" TOP asked him.

"I said the food is delicious." Seungri answered. "Yum yum yum."

"So you got your wish, baby girl?" Jiyong turned to Dara with a happy smile.

"I did! I did!" Dara responded as she bounced in her seat, her voice filled with excitement. "I just hope I won't freeze up when I come face to face with him."

"Maybe you should say hi to him before filming just to be sure." Bom suggested. "Accidentally bump into him in YGE then greet him. So at least you'll get the awkward first meeting out of the way."

"How can she 'accidentally' bump into him, unnie?" CL asked using air quotes.

"You know.." Bom made a swishing gesture with her hand. "If Dara happens to be at the YG building at the same time when Mr. Kang is there, it's a wonderful coincidence, right?"

"In short, stalk him and pretend to accidentally bump into him?" Youngbae clarified flashing his famous eye smile.

"Youngbae, stalk is such a strong word." Bom told him. "We don't use that."


"You'll do great." Jiyong told her as he pressed a kiss on her temple. "You're a professional through and through. Even if you feel nervous, when the camera starts rolling, you're going to be awesome."

"I agree with Jiyong." TOP told her. "Remember how nervous you were during our I'm Sorry MV shoot? And you really were a newbie then, in Korea at least."

"Hyung, I really don't think you should be reminding Jiyong hyung and Bom noona of the many, many, many takes of your kissing scene." Daesung commented in false innocence. He was batting his eyes so slowly, it was comical.

"I didn't. You did." TOP hit him on the head. "Thanks for that, by the way."

"You're welcome, hyung." Daesung smiled as he rubbed his head.



_________________________________

 

When their friends finally decided to leave, to no one's Jiyong stayed. The pair took a lot of ribbing from their friends but they took it in a stride. They were used to it by now.

Jiyong was helping wash the dishes when his cafe's manager called  his cellphone. Dara bumped her hip against his and told him to go ahead and take the call. Jiyong kissed her lightly and did as she said. After a few seconds, he came back into kitchen and asked Dara if he can use her laptop. Dara nodded at him and told him to just boot it up. He thanked her and went to do just that, all the while speaking into his cellphone.

Once Dara finished cleaning up, she went to the balcony and placed her arms on top of the railing. She cradled her head with her arm as she looked out at the city skyline.

'Today was a good day.' She thought to herself with a smile. Days like today remind her how blessed she truly is. She has a good career, her family is in a good place, her friendships are solid and she has an amazing man to share it all with. She cocked her head to the side as she tried to listen for Jiyong, unfortunately she couldn't hear him yet.

Contrary to popular belief, Jiyong is a hands-on owner when it comes to his businesses. Well, as hands-on as he could get considering his schedule. He puts his heart and soul in every venture and consistently works with his managers regarding the upkeep of his businesses. He himself is the first to admit that when it comes to business, he really needs help and guidance. What he doesn't admit is how hard he works to learn the ropes. 

'He really has grown up.' She mused. She could remember their beginning. When they were still both trainees, working hard to make their dreams come true. Even back then, Jiyong already had his G-Dragon persona. Although not as intimidating as how he is now, he had a certain sense of entitlement. He knew he was talented and he was proud of it. He knew how hard he worked that was why he was not ashamed to demand the same from those around him. He knew he was going places and he was right.

He also knew what he wanted. 

Music. 

In the beginning, Jiyong's whole being was consumed by music. Making it. Dancing to it. Living it. Breathing it. It consumed him like nothing ever did. 

Except Dara. 

She is vain enough to revel in the knowledge that he wanted her as much as, if not more than, he wanted music. She is woman enough to recognize her hold over him. And yet, she is honest enough to admit that he has the same hold on her. Maybe not in the same crazy intense way that is truly Jiyong but something just as strong, just as powerful all the same.

They tried to resist it. Or at least she tried to resist it. Too much was at stake. Her family's livelihood. Her future. Her dreams. Her heart. All of which she risked for him. She loved him when he was just a boy dreaming of fame. She loved him as he worked hard to reached his dreams. She loved him through his scandals. She loved him even when they were apart.

The crazy thing was, he loved just as much. And yet for a time, they slipped out of each others lives. They broke away so quickly, so completely, she was left reeling. 

Like the fiery creature he was named for, he burned through his passions, his anger, and his hurt without a care for the damage. He did so publicly and unashamedly, daring anyone to tell him to stop. Daring Dara to make him stop.

She never did. And she never will.

She wanted him to decide for himself. For him to want to grow up. 

Not because he lost her. Not because he wanted her back and she demanded it. But because it was time.

And he did. When everything superficial died down and Kwon Jiyong was left to face reality, he took a good look at himself and he made the first step. He came back for her. Fought for her. Proved himself to her and to everyone around her. 

And here they are now. Stronger than ever. On the road to forever.

She closed her eyes and whispered a prayer, that they'll stay that way, together forever. 'Although it could get hard, I know we'll make it. I just hope we'll both always remember how much we've been through and how deeply we love each other.'

Dara opened her eyes when warm arms enveloped her. She leaned back against Jiyong, humming in contentment.

"Watchadoing, baby girl? Aren't you cold?" Jiyong asked as he rubbed her arms with his hands, warming her up.

"Nope. Now that you're here, I'm perfect." Dara told him.

"Yes, you are. Then again, I always thought so." Jiyong answered thoughtfully. "You looked deep in thought. Are you really worried about the filming?"

"Not really. I was thinking about you."

He raised an eyebrow at her as he angled her body so that he could see her face. "Do tell."

"I was thinking about how you were such a brat when we first met." She laughed at his pout. "And also how sweet you were back then, taking care of a clueless noona."

"You were never just a noona." He told her with a smile. "Of course there's the fact that I though you were younger. But there was something else. Something I couldn't explain that drew me to you."

"Must be my gorgeous goddess-like looks." She teased.

He nodded his head in agreement as he chuckled. "There is that. But there was also something purely Sandara that captivated me. You must have been a nymph in your past life."

She smiled at that then she grew serious. "I was also thinking about when we.. broke up?" She scrunched her nose as she tried to work things out in her head. "We didn't actually break up, didn't we?"

Jiyong grew sombre as he thought about it. "Yeah. No."

Dara looked at him in amusement. "What?"

He shook his head. "I meant, yeah, we technically didn't break up." He held her closer and took a deep breath to inhale her scent. "That . I hated that. Hated how much of an I was. How much time we wasted."

"I wasn't completely blameless. The good thing is, we're past that now." She told him as she his hand in comfort. "We both grew up from that time and I think we're all the better because of it."

"We could have been better together." Jiyong mumbled.

"We could have." She agreed simply.

"You know, we never talk about those months." Jiyong observed. "It's like taboo or something."

"It was never taboo." She countered, wondering if the time to confess has finally arrived. "I think we just wanted to speak of better things. You know, not dwell on the bad and focus on the good?"

Jiyong nodded as he thought about her words.

"Should we talk about it?" Dara asked him. "Do you want to?"

"It's not important. It happened but it's not like talking about it is going to change anything, right? Besides, if we don't talk about it, it didn't happen, right?" He laughed at her frown. "What? It's true. Or at least in my world it's true."

"What am going to do with you?" Dara asked him with amusement.

He flashed her his famous gummy smile and leaned closer to her. "Love me forever."

She put her hand on his face and drew him closer. "That I can do." She saw his smile widen before his lips captured hers in a kiss that felt like a seal to their promise.

 

_________________________________

 

Dara's filming day has finally arrived! She and Jjangmae were already on their way to location. She smiled as she read Jiyong's latest text message. He's been sending her messages of encouragement all day. Some cheering her on, some reminding her that she was awesome, there was another promising her a massage after a long, hard day and some were just emoticons. Cheering, clapping, smiling and kissing cartoons to brighten up her day.

Dara will be filming a few more sequences than TOP so she had an earlier call time. Dara smiled slightly when she recalled Seungri's tantrums at not being able to join her in filming. Fed up with all the whining, Jiyong finally ordered him to it up because they had to record. When Seungri pointed out that GD didn't even know when the filming was happening, Jiyong simply told him that if Seungri didn't show up he will be taking that as a sign that Seungri didn't want a part in the new song. Seungri did as he was told but he kept pouting until they left Dara's place.

"We're here." Jjangmae announced. "We're a bit early. Do you want to stay here while I look for your stand-by area?"

Dara shook her head. "We should go greet the director first, if he isn't filming."

"And Kang Dong Won?" Jjangmae asked with a sly smile.

"Maybe.." Dara answered with a blush.

Jjangmae laughed and  opened the car door. "Come on then. You'd probably need about an hour to get the nerve to approach him."

"Oh ye of so little faith" Dara teased, even though she thought that he was probably right. "It won't take an hour. Maybe just thirty or so minutes."

Upon seeing Dara, the production staff greeted her warmly. A lot of members of the production team were also in We Broke Up, so they were happy to be working with the petite girl again.

One of the PDs led Dara to the director who Dara greeted respectfully. The director about being so formal. They've worked in a number of CF projects before and have developed a friendly relationship.

"I heard we're making your dreams come true today?" The director .

Dara's face immediately turned crimson in embarrassment. "Oh no. Does everybody know?"

"Probably. You haven't really been keeping it a secret, haven't you?" The director smiled at her. "Don't worry. We all think it's cute. Even Kang Dong Won."

"Waaah.. Please just kill off my character." Dara joked, shaking the PD's arm as she turned even redder.

The people around her laughed. "Sorry, Dara. We need you alive for your scenes. I hope you don't turn this red when we start filming." One of the PDs commented with a laugh. "Oh, look. The man of the hour!"

Dara turned her head where the PD was pointing at, only to see Kang Dong Won approaching them.

"Hello, sunbaenim. Good afternoon." Dara greeted politely, bowing low so her hair would cover her face. "It's an honor to be working in a scene with you."

"Sandara. It's nice to see you." Kang Dong Won smiled at the girl gently. Having heard her being teased just before he joined the group, he decided to pretend he didn't know why. "Let's have fun today."

Dara nodded politely. "Thank you. I'll work hard."

The director smiled at Dara, "Why are you so timid, Dara. Don't you want to take a photo with Dong Won so you can post it on your SNS account?"

Dara looked up briefly, her eyes shining with excitement before she could help herself. "Um, I don't want to impose."

"Nonsense. It would be good promotions." Kang Dong Won told her. "I'm sure YG and C-jes would appreciate it. Shall we do it here?"

Dara agreed and she handed Jjangmae her phone. She stood near her long-time bias and tried to calm her breathing and relax her face so that she wouldn't look like a zombie in the photo.

As Jjangmae started counting, Dara flashed peace signs with her fingers and smiled. Her smile froze when she felt an arm drape across her shoulders.

Jjangmae looked at the photo and couldn't help but laugh. "Another one, Dara-yah. You look electrocuted in the first one."

Kang Dong Won chuckled and removed his arm. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable."

"No." Dara shook her head. "I was just surprised." And dying with happiness deep inside, she thought.

"Good to know. Another one then?" he smiled at her again, oblivious to her fan girl heart beating so hard in her chest. "I'm going to put my arm around your shoulders again, okay?"

Dara nodded with a dazed smile.

The director couldn't help himself. With a bark of laughter he called out, "Time to look pretty, Darong."

Dara blushed prettily but managed to compose herself enough to take a photo.

After that, they all spoke briefly b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter