THIRTY - EIGHT

Moments of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AN: Okay. So I lied. I  ended up dividing this into two chapters. Don't hate me though. This is a double - update. :)

EARLIER UPON DARA'S ARRIVAL AT YGE

Reaching Big Bang's studio, Dara stared at the door as she contemplated how she was going to open the door with her hands full of coffee and doughnuts. She tilted her head to the side and considered knocking in the door with her foot.
 

She shook her head at the absurdity of her own ideas and bent down to place the items she's been carrying on the floor. With her hands now free, she opened the door and peeked inside. 
 

No Jiyong in sight. Although disappointed, she comforted herself with the thought that she'll be seeing him later.
 

"Helloooo.." She greeted them from the doorway.
 

At the sound of her voice, Seungri immediately perked up. "Noona!" He stood up and rushed towards her. "Come in. Come in." He pulled her hand but she wouldn't budge. 
 

"I brought something for you." She jerked her head towards where she placed the doughnuts and coffee. 
 

Seungri peeked out the door and brightened even more. "You brought us snacks?! Awesome!" He rushed out and picked up the boxes and followed Dara who was greeting the rest of Big Bang.
 

"You just missed Jiyong hyung, noona." Daesung told her as she sat down beside him. "He went to check on Hanbin and Seungyoon."
 

"That's too bad." Dara pouted. "I wanted to surprise him."
 

"Well, you surprised us. Does that count?" Youngbae asked, flashing her his famous eye smile.
 

Dara sighed, pretending resignation. "It will have to do."
 

"Dara Dara Dara." TOP mocked. "After everything you made us do, this is how you repay us?"
 

"Oh! That reminds me." Dara stood up, faced them and bowed. "Thank you very much for all your help and support."
 

"Sheesh, noona. Why so formal?" Daesung helped her straighten up and handed her what he knew to be her milkshake, since she doesn't really drink coffee. "You should be relaxing. I heard you just got out of the hospital."
 

"Thanks, Daesungie." Dara smiled at him. "I'm okay now. I've been released from the hospital for a while now."
 

"We all know you've been on bed rest Dara." TOP shook his head when Dara stuck out her tongue at him. "I can't believe you're working already."
 

"Well, technically, I'm not working yet. I just have a meeting." She informed them as she eyed the box of doughnuts.
 

"Just grab one, noona." Seungri took the box and brought it closer to her. "Pick one."
 

"I better not." Dara declined regretfully. "My meeting is in a few minutes and if I start eating I want to be able to enjoy it."
 

As the Big Bang boys urged Dara to eat first, she laughed and told them she better leave. "You are tempting me too much." At their protests, she continued. "I'll probably see you later since Jiyong and I have plans once you finish recording. If I don't find anything more interesting to do, maybe I'll hang-out with you." She teased them. "No seriously,  I just want to get through the meeting first. Maybe tomorrow, we can eat together." As Seungri cheered, Dara waved to them. "I'll just say hi to Teddy oppa."
 

They watched her leave. "She seemed happy." TOP observed.
 

"They both do." Youngbae agreed. "Good for them."




___________________


 

Dara opened the door to Teddy's studio. Make that Teddy's empty studio. She pouted as she turned away. She was still a few minutes too early for her meeting with YG so wandered around aimlessly until she decided to go the rooftop for a little break.
 

She made her way to the rooftop, still sipping her milkshake, greeting everyone she met brightly. She's in an excellent mood today since she has finally been released from bed rest. Her mom watched her like a hawk the past couple of days, making sure she complies with all the doctor's orders. So now, she's enjoying her freedom but she knows that might change in a few minutes, depending on how her meeting goes.
 

She ran towards the railing and breathed in deep, smiling at the view and relatively fresh air. She was so into the moment that she didn't notice the other person who also seemed to be taking in the view.

 

"It's good to see you haven't lost your energy, Sandara."
 

Dara was startled out of her musings by Yang Hyun Suk's voice. "Sajangnim, hello." She bowed in greeting. "I'm practically 100% recovered."
 

"Good to know." He inclined his head then stared out at the horizon.
 

Dara wondered is she should speak or if she should leave. They have a meeting in a few minutes but she's not sure if it would be rude to bring up her concerns here.
 

"You asked for a meeting." YG opened the conversation again. Dara nodded. "Okay, then."
 

Dara gulped, not sure how she should broach the topic. She wants answers but she's not sure how to get them or if she's ready for them. "I.."
 

"Kim Jaejoong, huh?"
 

"You know that's not true. It's he furthest thing from the truth" She insisted. She watched him as he nodded, but still avoided looking at her.
 

"I thought I knew.." He responded. "Now, I'm not so sure.."
 

Dara gasped in surprise. "How could you say that?"
 

"I judge based on what I see." YG sighed. "You guys had history. I know how much you've been through. Then those.. for the lack of a better term, moments keep cropping up. It actually isn't surprising that you'd gravitate towards each other again. I just worry about Jiyong. That boy loves you."
 

"And I love him right back!" Dara declared, her voice rising along with her emotions. "And all those moments were orchestrated by you!" It was YG's turn to flinch. "They were, weren't they?" Dara stepped back as if trying to physically distance herself from the tension. She shook her head. "I didn't want to believe it. I thought there was a misunderstanding.."
 

YG kept a stoic expression on his face. "I have no idea-"
 

"Don't!" Dara stopped him. "Don't play dumb. I know about the video. I suspected about the other things.. I just couldn't believe it." YG remained silent. "Why?" Dara asked. "Why would you do that? Do we really mean so little to you?" He voice hitched but she continued on. "Forget about me. What about Jiyong? Do you realize what this could do to him?"

 

"He's a big boy, Sandara. He'll understand that I just did what I had to do." Dara finally got the confirmation that she was looking for and as expected she was devastated.
 

"I trusted you." Dara said softly, the tremors of tears clearly heard in her voice. "Jiyong trusts you!"
 

"This has nothing to do with him." YG insisted as he faced her. "This is business. You and Jiyong are under my label. That implies a certain level of trust when it comes to your careers, yes. That means you should trust me to do what I think is best. I made a logical business decision that would be beneficial to YG Entertainment and to a lot of it's artists. You can't blame me for that."
 

"I don't.. I understand business. I just don't understand why you had to do it the way you did." Her eyes pleaded with him to give her an answer that will make her understand, that will make things okay again. "I understand appearances, I understand catering to the public's whim. Haven't I kept my relationship a secret because everyone keeps saying revealing it would diminish both our commercial values?! That it doesn't matter what we accomplished, the public would forget that and focus on how I'm not good enough for YG's pride?!"
 

"Then you understand why I did it. You're market value was plummeting!" YG replied harshly. "Sure you get projects and offers but not as much or as often as we initially projected - "
 

"So you're regretting signing me? Is that it?"
 

"I invested so much in you, Sandara. I need to get a return on that investment."
 

"2ne1, my endorsements, my dramas, my movies.." She listed her accomplishments. "Those aren't enough?" Her voice along with heart broke with every word. "I gave you and this company all I have to give. I sacrificed my personal happiness and preferences to comply with your plans for me. I gave up Jaejoong when I thought he endangered 2ne1's success. I denied and keep denying how much I love Jiyong because you don't think it will be good for our careers! And it still isn't enough?"
 

"Your career is plateauing!" YG shouted. "In a few more years, you would have been a has-been! You needed a push and I gave you that! I gave you Kim Jaejoong and your career has flourished!"
 

"What do you mean you gave me Jaejoong?"
 

YG sighed and put his hands in his pockets. "The public's fascination with you and Jaejoong hasn't escaped our notice. And that was even before you had any public interactions. We saw an opportunity and we took a gamble."
 

"You mean, this all started before Jeju?" She asked in disbelief. "You acted like you were so concerned for me. You said you would pull me out of the project if it became too much, you said -"
 

"We took a gamble and it paid off!" 
 

Dara was unable to speak for some time as she processed the new information. "Why didn't you just tell me?"
 

"Kwon Jiyong." YG answered simply. 
 

"I don't understand.."
 

"Don't you?" YG laughed bitterly. "He would have thrown a fit and I do not have the time or inclination to deal with that."
 

"Is that how you see him?" Dara asked with an edge to her voice. "You underestimate the man he's become. Teenaged Kwon Jiyong might have thrown a tantrum. In case you missed it, he's grown up."
 

YG snorted but didn't respond.
 

"You say he's like your son but you think so little of him.." Dara couldn't help but wonder if everything in her relationship with Yang Sajangnim is a lie. She thought he actually cared for her more as more than just an artist signed to his label but apparently she was wrong.
 

"I cannot afford another scandal, Sandara." YG sidestepped her statement. "After your scandal with Jaejoong - "
 

"My scandal with Jaejoong that you caused!" Dara finally exploded.
 

"I didn't make you go to his condo, Sandara! That was all you!" YG answered just as fiercely. "Now, you're having problems with Jiyong, you want to blame me for your actions?"
 

"That wasn't his condo! He asked me to go with him to his therapist because of all the that you and his boss put us through!" This time the words were said quietly. A part of Dara still very aware that Jaejoong's secret is just that, his secret. "He found out about your machinations and it became too much."
 

Dara thought she saw a regret flash through YG's face but it was gone in an instant to be replaced by his mask of indifference. "Is that why you asked for a meeting? To hurl your accusations at me?"
 

"I.. I wanted to speak with you about them, yes." Dara tried to compose herself. "I decided that I needed to speak with you first before telling Jiyong. I wanted to give you the chance to tell me it was all a misunderstanding.." She trailed of as she wiped the tears running down her cheeks. "And you know what? I would have believed you if you said it wasn't true.."
 

"We don't have to tell Jiyong anything." YG's tone turned coaxing.
 

"That's what you got from everything I just said? Unbelievable." Dara looked at the man she trusted with her career and with a huge chunk of her life. "I need to tell Jiyong because after everything we've been through, after all the secrets I've kept, he deserves to know. I'll be going now. Thank you for your time, sajangnim."
 

"Sandara.." 
 

Dara paused, waiting for him to continue. To make things right. Or even to say that everything was a joke. A cruel joke, but a joke nonetheless. Almost a minute passed where he said nothing, so she finally decided to. "I'll try to stick to the facts. There's no need for Jiyong to hate you, too." With that she left the one place in the building she's always thought of as her sanctuary. Her eyes blurred with tears, she made her way out of the building and to her car as quickly as possible. Not wanting anyone to see her and ask her questions she isn't ready to answer.
 

So she started her car and drove. She kept driving until she felt calm enough to stop. 
 

She wasn't surprised to find herself near Han River but she was surprised to discover that the sun has set. She checked her phone, taking note of the time before deciding that it was still early enough for her to get her he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter