ELEVEN

Moments of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
The following morning the breakfast group, composed of Daesung, Minzy, CL, Donghyuk, Chanwoo and Jinwoo were busy preparing breakfast for everyone. Jinwoo was making  kimchi fried rice with the help of Donghyuk.  Daesung and Minzy were frying eggs and anchovies while CL and Chanwoo were peeling and slicing up fruits.

"Do you guys know what we're doing this morning?" Daesung asked.

Minzy cocked her head to the side as she tried to remember their schedule. "Games but I don't know what kind."

"Yup." CL agreed. "Then in the evening, we have the Q&A."

"I hope we can do it at the beach." Chanwoo grinned excitedly.

"We could have a bonfire!" Donghyuk added, his own excitement visible on his face.

"I don't think so. There's too many of us. It'll be hard to manage." The ever-practical CL said. "The mics, the lights and cables the fire in the middle. It would take too many takes to get the right angles for everyone and things like this should be done as smoothly and as naturally as possible."

"And there might be mosquitos and stuff. Our girls would probably be screaming every other minute" Daesung joked.

"I resent that!" CL turned to him. "2ne1 can rough it out with the best of you guys."

Minzy laughed. "We really can't unnie. With your and Dara unnie's cosmetics endorsments, they won't risk bug bites. And with Park Bom in the house.."

She trailed off as the kitchen exploded in laughter. Bom may be athletic and ready to take on almost any challenge, but she absolutely hates insects.

Chanwoo and Donghyuk looked so disappointed that CL couldn't help but suggest, "Maybe we can do the bonfire thing when we're not filming?"

The younger boys suddenly looked so alive, the rest of them were taken aback. "Really, noona?"

"Yeah. We told you guys we wanted to do this more often, so we'll see how we can make that happen." CL smiled.

"Maybe we can convince Jiyong hyung to provide the accomodations since they own so many pension houses." Daesung suggested. "But don't tell him it was my idea! Have the girls mention it."

"Will he really do that hyung?" Jinwoo shyly asked.

"He will. Oppa is really generous when it comes to his friends and YG Family. If he has it, he shares it." Minzy confirmed. "I remember when we were just starting out, he would buy us lunch or bring us sandwiches.Since we didn't have much money,  we'd only get to eat the good stuff when he feeds us."

CL couldn't resist smirking at Minzy's statement since she, Minzy and Daesung knew very well who Jiyong was buying food for. The rest of 2ne1 were just very lucky recepients of the extra food. Extra food that he purchased so that he wouldn't be too obvious. Fat lot of good it did him. Which is obviously something they cannot share with the camera.

"He did take us out to eat meat like he promised when we won the challenge in WIN." Donghyuk shared. "It also served as a consolation dinner since it happened after we lost. He only stayed with us for a short time since he had to film a music video but he was very encouraging and told us not to lose our passion."

"Really? We haven't had the chance to do that yet." Jinwoo said glumly.

"But you partied with him, didn't you?" Daesung asked remembering when Seungri showed the post on SNS.

"Hyung, you can't really talk at a party though." Jinwoo said. "Although, he  didn't leave us for long periods of time. I think he was sort of looking out for us. Making sure Mino and Seunghoon weren't doing anything stupid and introducing people to us so I would have someone to talk to."

"That's not bad. I haven't been part of anything since I wasn't a trainee yet back then." Chanwoo pouted.

"You can pair up with him for one of the games later, Chanwoo-yah." Minzy  smiled.

"Err.. No thanks, noona." Chanwoo blushed. "I might get so nervous, I'll freeze up. Then we'd lose."

"He wouldn't hold that against you. As long as you tried your best." Daesung said as finished plating the last of the anchovies. "But fair warning, we're all very competitive."

Just then they could hear Seungri's voice shouting, "Noona, noona, noona! Dara noona!"

"He's older than most of us in this room, right?" Minzy asked. "Do you think he knows that?"

"It's because Dara unnie spoils him." CL said nonchalantly as she cleaned up the fruit peels. "I think she misses her brother that's why she's channeling her affection towards Seungri." She turned towards the camera, "Gaedoong-ssi, please visit your Dara noona more often. She's falling to the dark side."

"Poor Sanghyun. No matter how manly he gets, 2ne1 is always there to call him dog poop." Daesung laughed.


______________________________________________________________

 

Jiyong, TOP and Youngbae were in the living room, just hanging out until breakfast was ready. They were playing with the handhelds, interviewing one another about the past day when they heard Seungri's shouts of, "Noona, noona, noona! Dara noona!"

"What the hell is that rat up to now?" Jiyong asked as he craned his neck trying to see what was going on.

"He's obviously looking for Dara." TOP commented as he turned off the handheld camera.

"Aisht. I know that hyung." Jiyong answered as he ran his hand through his hair.

Youngbae stood up and looked out the door only to see a cameraman try to keep pace with Seungri who was running out to the backyard. The open lay-out of the first floor enabling him to see what was going on. "Noona is with Seungyoon and Chanhyuk in the backyard. They have their guitars. Want to join them for a quick jam session?"

"Nah." Jiyong said slouching back down on his seat. "Let them be. Won't do any good if I keep hovering. I'll just piss off YG hyung and who knows what he'll do to retaliate."

"Woah. Ji.. Is that you?" Youngbae asked in exaggerated surprise. "You sound so.. mature.."

"What have you done to Kwon Jiyong?" TOP pointed a finger at Jiyong. "Bring back our leader!"

"Ha ha. Very funny guys." Jiyong said dryly. "I just don't want to keep watching every move I make in fear of the cameras capturing something it shouldn't. I know we're used to it, but knowing Dara, she'll stress about it and keep stressing about it until this airs. So might as well keep distance for now."

"Yup. That's what Bom and I agreed on. It's easy to forget the cameras since we're so used to it by now." TOP commented.

"You know what I find weird?" Youngbae asked. "Well not weird but something seems different."

"What?"

"Seungri can be such a child when it comes to us and noona, but he seems extra clingy recently." Youngbae observed. "Do you think he's heartbroken again? I remember the time when that model broke up with him, he was clinging to Dara noona like a monkey."

Jiyong grunted. "The crybaby just would not go away. He kept badgering Dara until she either cancelled our dates or took him with us."

"I remember. Even Bom was so drawn into that drama." TOP spoke in a higher pitch mimicking his girlfriend's voice. " 'We can't abandon him because it's his first heartbreak'. Stupid rat."

"You think that's it?" Youngbae asked.

"I dunno." Jiyong shrugged as he stood up. "I don't even know who he is dating right now. He hasn't mentioned any girl recently."

"I thought we were letting Dara and the kids be?" TOP raised an eyebrow at Jiyong.

"I'm hungry. I'm going to check on breakfast." Jiyong answered nonchalantly as he left the room.

"Sure. We'll pretend we believe you!" Youngbae shouted after him. He looked at TOP and both of them stared at each other for a couple of seconds before they both stood up to follow their leader.

When they got to backyard they found that the rest of the group, except for those in charge of breakfast, has also migrated there. Dara and Seungyoon were singing their version of Good To You which they performed at the We Broke Up busking event.

After the last note, Dara segued to Team A's version of Officially Missing You. Seungyoon and Chanhyuk quickly joining in. "This has always been one of my favorite songs. Take it away, Mino-yah!"

Mino stood up and started the song. Everyone was clapping around to the beat. When it came time for Seungyoon's part he signalled for Hayi to sing it.

"Sing for us, Hayi." Dara also coaxed the girl as Mino crooked a finger towards Hayi asking her to join him on center stage.

Hayi gamely started singing, giggling a bit when Seunghoon, Hanbin and Junhoe started dancing and Bobby started beat boxing. Mino continued rapping circling Hayi as he did so. Hayi played it coy, acting like she was avoiding Mino one second and then dancing with him the next. Mino ate it all up, leaning close to Hayi as the rest of the group cheered them on.

When it came time for the chorus, they all joined in creating a fun impromptu performance that the PDs knew would be played and replayed thousands of times once it airs.

Once they ended Mino took Hayi's hand and bowed down as if to kiss it when Seunghoon and Bobby started laughing and jumping around, jostling Hayi's hand from Mino's grasp. 

"You jealous, Hoon?" Mino teased. "Come here, I'll give you a smooch on the lips. Mwwaaah." 

Seunghoon started running away from Mino using the other idols as shields.

"No fair!"  CL exclaimed as she looked at the group from the doorway. "Why aren't we in on this?"

"That's because you're on kitchen duty!" TOP teased.

"Speaking of.. Can we eat yet?" Youngbae asked.

"Yup. Come and get it!" CL said as she turned to go back in the house.

Immediately, the younger boys started running towards the house, whooping and hollering. Seungyoon and Chanhyuk only gave Dara a distracted bow before hefting their respective guitars and running inside.

The girls and Big Bang stared at the commotion in disbelief and amazement.

"I guess they're really hungry." Soohyun said diplomatically.

 

______________________________________________________________

 

After breakfast they all set out preparing for the day. After an hour, they all trooped down the beach where the staff prepared several stations for the games they'll be playing.

Their first activity started right at the bottom of the steps that lead to the house. There were twenty cardboard circles on the sand and twenty-four idols. The circles would indicate which group they would belong to. The fate of the four idols without circles, PD Kim informed them, will be announced later on.

At his signal, the idols started running. The girls managed to secure circles easily as the boys tended to avoid hitting them as they rough housed. After some intense pushing and pulling amongst the boys, Daesung, Mino, Youngbae and Bobby were left circle-less.

"Why is it that the more muscular guys in the groups are left out?" Bom asked.

"Because they were too busy eliminating each other." Seungri laughed as he taunted Youngbae and Daesung from his circle.

"Alright, those with circles turn them over." PD Kim instructed. "If you have black go to my left, if you have white go to my right side. Bring your circles."

The idols grouped themselves cheering for their teammates. On the black team we have, TOP, Jiyong, Dara, Minzy, Soohyun, Hanbin, Hayi, Seunghoon, Yunhyeong and Donghyuk. While Seungri was holding court at the white team with Bom, CL, Seungyoon, Jinwoo, Taehyun, Junhoe, Chanwoo, Chanhyuk and Jinhwan.

"What about us, hyung?" Daesung asked.

"Just relax for a bit. These guys actually get to fight for you." PD Kim smiled as he showed the idols the rope. "It's a tug-of-war. Winner gets first pick!"

"Let's do this!" GD clapped as he arranged his team. Putting the girls in between the guys.

"We got this!" Seungri pumped his fist in the air.

"Yah, rat! What are you still doing there?" CL demanded. Seungri turned and saw that his team was already assembled.

"Ready? On my whistle." PD Kim looked at the idols as he started to count.

Jiyong turned back to face Dara who he positioned behind him. "If it hurts, let go, okay?"

Dara just nodded, knowing full well she has not intention of complying.

"I'm serious." He made his voice louder so the other girls could hear him. "If it hurts, let go.. I don't want you girls getting rope burn."

Dara just rolled her eyes at the rest of the girls. She knows they all wanted to participate fully.

At the whistle, both sides started tugging. It was a close match, but eventually the white team overpowered the black team. The white team started jumping up and down in victory.

Seungri started singing 2ne1's I am the Best and his team sang and danced along with him. The black team clapped along with them and laughed good naturedly.

"Alright. Time to choose." PD Kim told the white team.

They huddled a bit before Seungri dramatically announced, "Youngbae hyung, we want you!"

Youngbae laughed as he was welcomed in his team.

At the same time, the black team were discussing their strategy with Jiyong telling the juniors to take the lead.

Eventually, Mino and Bobby joined the black team with Daesung completing the white team.

Both teams competed in a series of relays. They ended their morning's activities with a Dara vs. Seungri jet ski race. With Dara gaining a distinct advantage and eventually winning when Seungri took the time to wave to his teammates as he approached the finish line.

As Dara leapt off the her jet ski and into her teammates' arms. Youngbae, Daesung, Bom and CL were scolding the poor Seungri on the other side.

They all took a break for lunch, boodle style. The staff prepared a long table with rice in the middle and different kinds of seafood and meat along the sides. The idols had to stand side by side and eat with their hands.

Teasing ensued when Bom pointed out her long nails.

"Be careful Bommie-yah,  your nails might fall off and someone might mistake it for fish." Dara teased as she popped a piece of fish in .

"Then you better feed me." Bom replied cheekily, opening wide so that Dara could give her a bite.

After eating, they all helped the staff clean up and were given an hour to rest. The staff went back up to the house to prepare for the afternoon and evening's activities.

The younger boys took that time to play in the water despite multiple warnings from Leader CL.

"Let them be, we just have to keep an eye out for them to make sure none of them drown." Jiyong told her as he sat down next to Dara.

CL, as responsible as she is couldn't resist. She got up and shouted at the boys, "Yah! Don't go too far away. If you drown, we're only rescuing the ones within ten feet of the shore."

The boys nodded and continued playing.

"Relax, CL-roo." Dara said as she leaned her head against Jiyong's shoulder. Jiyong automatically put his arm around her shoulder to make her more comfortable. "Let them have their fun. They don't get much chance to actually be just boys."

"I don't mean to be buzz kill. But don't they say you have to wait an hour before going into the water?" She asked the group consisting of Big Bang, 2ne1 and Hayi and Soohyun.

"We know and I'm sure they appreciate you caring. We're within shouting distance." Bom told her as she took a sip from the juice she brought with her. "Let's just relax since we have less than an hour of camera free time."

"Unnie, you just want to cuddle with Tabi oppa." Minzy teased from her perch next to Hayi and Soohyun. The three of them were playing some sort of game on their tablets against each other. "Just like Dara unnie and Jiyong oppa."

"Of course." Bom declared flipping her hair over her shoulder sassily. "I'm in a beautiful beach with my beautiful boyfriend and beautiful friends. Not to mention I'm just beautiful all around. Life is good."

"Noona, have you been possessed by Seungri?" Youngbae asked. His eyes disappearing into tiny slits as he laughed at his own joke.

"Hey. I resent that!" Seungri objected.

"Yeah. He's not included in my list of beautiful friends." Bom answered in full-diva mode which left Seungri fake sobbing against Daesung's shoulder.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter