TWENTY-FIVE

Moments of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey, guys. What's going on?"

Two heads whipped towards the direction of the voice. Dara's eyes widened as she took in his appearance. Donning a dark jacket with a red shirt inisde, black ripped jeans and black boots and a beanie covering his hair, he looked mysterious and very much like the G-Dragon people are used to seeing on their screens.

"Jiyong?" she called his name as if unsure if she was actually seeing him or just imagining him. He remained silent as he watched the scene unfold. He took note of the guy's clenched fist and the fierce expression that gave his face a hardened edge.

He watched her stand up and walk cautiously towards the man who just entered the room. She stopped when she was about five steps away from him. Then her face transformed. Her face lit up with happiness as she suddenly threw herself at Kwon Jiyong. Her boyfriend, Kwon Jiyong.

He watched as Jiyong caught her in his embrace. He watched as he seemed to hesitate. Questions, confusion and suspicion running through his face, He watched as he seemed to brace himself and finally decide to just be with the girl. He watched as he seemed to simply breathe her in.

Dara wrapped her arms more securely around him. "You're finally here."

Jaejoong watched as the tension slowly left his face and his expression became more tender. "I wanted to surprise you."

"Well, color me surprised." Dara told him as she led him towards the couch, where Jaejoong was still seated just quietly observing them. "You know, Jae."

"I do." He answered her with a smile as he sat down on the other edge of the couch, leaning back against one of the couch's arms so that he was facing Dara and Jaejoong. "Hyung. How are you?"

"Good. Working hard on the song." Jaejoong told him politely. "I take it you've been away?"

"What? No one mentioned it? And here I thought my girlfriend would have been pining away for me so bad she would have a hard time recording." He joked, putting a hand on his chest dramatically. "That hurts. Hurts me right here, jagiya."

Jaejoong chuckled. "Have you ever considered acting?"

"Aisht, hyung. That's not my path. Infinity Challenge almost decimated all my swag."

"That's right! I forgot about that." That was where Kwon Jiyong's acting skills were revealed. And like almost everything he does, he excelled at it. Jaejoong briefly wondered if there was anything this guy can't do if he puts his mind to it. He knows, through TOP, that Jiyong is very athletic but is too lazy to actually work out or practice anything that doesn't have anything to do with music.

"You watched it?" Dara asked Jaejoong. "Did you see the behind-the -scenes footage?That was hilarious." She imitated Jiyong, "What do I do? Why am I here? I thought this was supposed to be a comedy. What am I doing here with all these great people?"

"Thanks, babe. I feel the love. Seriously." Jiyong turned back to Jaejoong. "See what I put up with? With her, TOP hyung, Daesung and Seungri, it's a wonder I don't get a complex."

"Don't mind them. I think you did a good job." Jaejoong complimented honestly.

"Aww. Thanks, hyung." Jiyong actually blushed. "Coming from you, that's a huge compliment."

Jaejoong just smiled. He looked at Dara and noted that she truly looked happy.  There was a flush in her face that wasn't there minutes earlier. 

"So where is TOP hyung?" Jiyong spoke after the silence that followed his last comment.

"Out for a smoke break." Dara answered as she picked up her phone. "Have you eaten already, Ji? I bet you came straight here from the airport, right?"

"Don't worry about it, I had your favorites delivered." He checked his phone and smiled. "It's actually on it's way up."

Just then, the recording room door burst open revealing Mino, Seungyoon and Hayi loaded with bags of take away. The three were busy juggling the bags and arguing, they didn't notice the others staring at them.

"You'll be the one explaining to Jaejoong oppa why you charged so much on his card." Hayi told Mino and Seungyoon.

"But he told us to get what we wanted." Mino protested. "He also told us to buy extra food because other people might drop by."

"Still. That doesn't - "

"Hayi, if he gets mad I'll just offer to pay for the stuff Mino bought." Seungyoon offered a compromise, ever the reliable leader and peacemaker.

"As if he'll actually make you pay." Hayi scoffed. "He's too much of a gentleman to do something like that. You should take note, Song Mino."

"I don't understand why you keep on nagging me?" Mino asked. "Seungyoon and I both wanted the extra -"

"Oh. I guess you bought food." Jiyong commented, his voice defeated.

Jaejoong and Dara looked at each other. "We didn't.."

"See? Jiyong hyung is here. It's a good thing we bought a lot." Mino said happily as he started taking food out of the bag. "We can't feed GD hyung leftovers, Lee Hayi."

"Oppa, I wouldn't feed you leftovers, I'd give you Mino's share." Hayi assured Jiyong, giving Mino a glare which the male returned.

"Do you have a crush on me?" Mino asked suddenly, then his tone turned teasing. "Is that why you're picking on me? We aren't in kindergarten anymore, Hayi-ah. You can confess to me."

Hayi turned red, in anger or embarrassment, no one is really sure. "As if! Why would I -"

"Hyung. Hope everything is okay is Jeju." Seungyoon politely greeted Jiyong in an effort to distract Mino and Hayi from launching another Word War in front of their seniors. Lately, these two have always been at each other's throats. Initially, Winner members thought it was just Hayi's cough time of the month cough and Mino was just rubbing her the wrong way. Mino sometimes has that effect on people, unfortunately.  Then turning to Jaejoong he bowed and respectfully handed the card. "Hyung, I guess you heard. If anything is objectionable, my member and I are willing to reimburse you-"

Jaejoong waved him off. "Just eat."

The three younger kids started handing out the food to their seniors. Dara was watching Jiyong who looked disappointed but was actng like he wasn't. He smiled when Mino presented him with a plate and thanked the younger boy.

"Hyung, we bought the food from the restaurant you told us about." Mino told Jiyong, still having no idea that Jiyong also bought food. "The one you said Dara noona liked. Jae hyung told us to get whatever and we thought since noona has been working so hard we could buy her this." 

Mino was smiling so widely, looking so proud of himself as he waited for an acknowledgement from his idol. He sort of reminded Jaejoong of a puppy who performed a trick for his master and was waiting for a treat. 

Jiyong smiled at him and was about to say something when the door opened again.

"Hello, Dara." GD's manager greeted her without looking up from the bags he was carrying. "I come bearing food offerings from the mighty dragon who.. Oh, you're eating already.." He looked at Jiyong, who shrugged.

Mino's face fell as he realized they bought from the same restaurant that Jiyong did. He looked at his leader in panic. Non-verbally asking for rescue. Seunyoon just shrugged. It's not like they could return the food they bought.

"Yeah, well.. we eat a lot so it's a good thing we have a lot of food!" Dara clapped her hands and tried to alleviate the awkward atmosphere. "Hayi and I may be petite, but I'm sure we can eat most of this! Right, Hayi?"

Hayi looked scared but nodded. "We sure can, unnie."

"It's fine, guys." Jiyong assured them. "We don't have to eat it all. Mino and I just had the same idea. It's good to know that someone is taking care of my Dara when I am away. Thanks for looking out for your noona, dongsaeng." He reached out to pat Mino on the back who looked relieved that he wasn't getting a scolding from his senior, then smirked at the group. " Even though it was Jae hyung who paid for it."

Jaejoong waved off that comment. In truth, TOP actually had to coerce him into handing over his card. Jaejoong thought that as members of YG and technically his host, TOP should pay. But TOP being his usual self wanted to be difficult. They started bickering that Dara started to take out her card just so they could order. That's when Jaejoong finally conceded. He is still a gentleman after all. Unlike that bingu alien. "I just gave the card, they took care of everything else."

"It doesn't matter. Let's eat!" Dara cheered. She invited Jiyong's manager to take a seat. "Why don't you grab a plate?"

"Woah." TOP chose to enter at that moment and was faced with a feast. "What the hell are we going to do with all this food?"

"Relax, hyung. We'll give the extras to whoever." Jiyong said. "I bought some in twos and threes since I suspected a lot of people would be hanging around you guys. Just don't open them all at the same time so we can share it with others. You can give some to your members." He told Seungyoon and Mino. "Actually, why don't you take one of each dish and have someone pick it up here so they could also enjoy it while it's hot."

"With the amount of food here, you can even give some to iKon and still have a lot left over for all the dancers." TOP commented as he studied the food in front of him.

"Then that's what we'll do."

"Jiyong!" TOP turned to him in surprise. He approached Jiyong and gave him a quick hug. "Brother! You've finally returned to us!"

"He's been speaking to you for the past minute, Seunghyun." Jaejoong commented.

"So?"

"So you didn't realize who you've been speaking with?" 

"I speak to a lot of people. Thanks, Kang leader." TOP bowed to Seungyoon who handed him a plate. "So, care to enlighten me on why we have enough food for a small nation?"

"I wanted to surprise Dara." Jiyong admitted with a laugh. "I guess I didn't take into account that knowing my girl, she'd be hungry by now and would have made her own arrangements. I should have texted you or Jjangmae.. Oh well, lesson learned."

"Well, I appreciate the thought.. and all the food." Dara smiled at him. "Thanks, babe." She gave his hand a quick squeeze before happily returning to her food. 

"Anything for you." He responded with a cheesy smile. "So how's the recording going?"

"We're actually done." TOP told him. "We just decided to go on a break before listening to it one final time. Sort of clear our heads a bit and make sure it really is as awesome as we think it is."

"I'm sure it is, hyung." Jiyong assured them. Although Jiyong is the most well-established Big Bang member as a producer, all s have the skills to produce a song. It's just most of the time, they choose to immerse themselves in other projects. 

"Now that you're here, would you mind taking a listen?" Jaejoong asked. Whatever else he thinks or thought about the guy, he can acknowledge that he is really gifted when it comes to music. "It wouldn't hurt to get the G-Dragon seal of approval before we submit it to the bosses."

"Aisht, hyung. You don't really need me for that but of course I'd be happy to listen to it if you want me to."

"We do! "I was actually about to send you a sound clip." Dara admitted sheepishly. "I wanted your opinion on my verse."

"Alright-y then." Jiyong agreed. 

Everyone started talking and more food than Jaejoong thought possible was actually consumed. He was looking at the empty containers in wonder.

Seeing his expression, TOP nudged him in the arm. "Yeah. We always eat like this. Except for when we're preparing for something. During that time, we indulge but we make up for it for more time in the gym. I bet those two.. " he pointed at Mino and Seungyoon, who are preparing for a comeback. "will be up by dawn tomorrow to burn all the calories we just ate. Dara, on the other hand, will probably just eat as much tomorrow."

Dara noticed that Jiyong was playing with his soda bottle. Twirling the bottle around and watching as the liquid swirled. She placed her plate down on the table and leaned her chin on his shoulder. "You okay, baby boy? You must be so tired."

Jiyong turned to her with smile, planting a kiss on her forehead. "A bit, but a little tiredness never killed anybody and it's definitely worth it to see you."

"You can go home if you want to." Dara offered. "You can get some sleep first and I'll just come over as soon as I'm done here."

"I'm good here." He pulled her arm closer around his body.

"Are you sure?"

"Are you trying to get rid of me?" Jiyong asked with a sharpness in his tone that surprised Dara.

"Of course not." Dara assured him. "I'm just worried about you. I don't want you burning out when I know your schedule is much more packed than mine."

Jiyong sighed. "I'm okay, baby girl. I promise. I just want to be with you."

"Okay, then." 

"Hey, love birds. Watcha whispering about over there?" TOP teased them.

"Oppa, we should let them have their moments. They've been apart for almost a week." Hayi smiled at the couple in front of her. She has always been rooting for them, ever since she joined YG and she's really happy to see them weather storm after storm. She and Suhyun are actually hoping to be bridesmaids at their wedding. If not, they'll agree to be flower girls. She just wants to be part of something so special and magical. 

"A week!?" TOP gasped in mock outrage. "They've been apart for almost a week?! Oh my God! What do we do? Jiyong might drop dead due to Dara withdrawal."

Jiyong narrowed his eyes at TOP. "Really, hyung? You're one to talk.."

"Anyway.." Dara interrupted them before they actually got into another bickering match. When these boys get started, it's hard to make them stop. Things just escalate and then you get one idol chasing another around YGE. "Is everyone coming to the Sajangnim's welcome back dinner?"

"Our manager said it was required." Seungyoon admitted. Mino and Hayi nodded in agreement. 

"Tsch. I don't even understand why he needs a welcome back dinner. It's not like he's been away for months!" TOP ranted. "We've been away longer on our world tours and do we get welcome back dinners?"

"You do." Dara dead-panned.

"We do?" TOP asked, genuinely confused.

"Hyung, seriously?" Jiyong asked right back. "What do you think all those dinners we got to every time we come back from tour are?"

"I dunno. Congratulatory ones? You know, 'Great job on your tour. Here, eat and be merry.' ?" He clarified.

"Seunghyun, I've known you for a while but I just can't.."  Jaejoong shook his head in disbelief.

"Jae.." TOP pouted childishly. 

"Stop that!" Jaejoong ordered. "You're giving me the creeps!"

"I can't believe you said that.." TOP continued.

Jaejoong sighed. "Let's just finish this so you can rest or whatever before your big dinner."

 

____________________________
 

Later that night, everyone from YG Family came together to welcome back their Sajangnim. They rented out a whole floor of one of the most famous and exclusive restaurants in Seoul. There were three rooms, for YG Family's use. One where they served dinner which was later converted into a lounge area where most of the staff preferred to stay and another lounge area for the artists, which while open to everyone, only the staff closest to the artists stay in and finally the last one is for Yang Hyun Suk and his nearest and dearest, meaning the company's bosses. They usually had dinner then went off to one of the clubs to party, but this time YG just wanted a chill night.

The room Dara and her friends were in is huge! There are clusters of couches scattered around the room, as well as tables and stools. There was a fully stocked bar. Several TVs installed in the walls. There were game consoles and various entertainment devices.  This room was specifically designed for hanging out.

Dara was hanging out with her members and some of their juniors as Jiyong mingled. Since he has been away, a lot of people were wanting to catch up with him much to his frustration. He whined that he wanted to stay with Dara when Teddy first dragged him over to their side of the room. Dara just waved him off with a smile.

Bom was hanging onto Dara's shoulders playfully. "Noona, stop that." Seungri ordered. "You weigh as much as two Dara noonas and yet you're clinging to her like a monkey."

"I will not let you disturb my zen, you rat." Bom minced the words out.

"She has this new philosophy." Dara told the group as she patted Bom's arm to calm her down. "She thinks all the fighting she does with other people and all the screaming is contributing to her wrinkles. So she decided to stay as zen as possible to maintain her youthful beauty."

"I gave her two hours before she actually goes Bominator." CL added. "Minzy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter