Couple's Special?!

The Awkward Neighbours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Our cafe has a couple’s special for this month. Would you both be interested in getting it?” The employee handed them each a menu as she asked politely.

 

She was met with a moment of silence as Jieun and Hoya stared at each other. Coughing awkwardly, Hoya adjusted his cap such that it covered half of his face and made his voice deeper as he replied, “Um miss, I think you got it wrong-”

 

“Take a look at the menu here! The couple’s special includes two slices of cakes of your choice and a special drink produced by our cafe! I’m not trying to brag, but the drink has been the best selling item for a few months already! Many couples came to our cafe to try out this drink!” The employee enthusiastically promoted as she pointed at the menu Jieun was holding.

 

As she made eye contact with the employee, Jieun tried to explain, “But we are not-”

 

Her words fell on deaf ears as the employee continued. “I guarantee that you both won’t regret it, and it’s priced reasonably too!”

 

“Miss, we really aren’t-” JIeun tried again, only to no avail as the employee rambled on about the drink.

 

“Okay, we’ll get it.” Hoya blurted out, seeing as the employee was adamant in getting them to order.

 

“What?!” Jieun’s eyes widened as she processed Hoya’s words while the male just signalled her to go with it.

 

“Okay, so what flavour of cakes would you both like?” The employee looked at Jieun first then Hoya, waiting for either of them to give a response.

 

“Um, this and this.” Hoya pointed to the tiramisu and red velvet cakes on the menu as he realized Jieun didn’t show any indication of replying. If he had remembered correctly, those used to be Jieun’s favourite types of cakes in the past.

 

“I’ll get you your order shortly!” The employee beamed at him as she went back to the counter to key in their order.

 

Once she was gone, Hoya started explaining himself. “I didn’t mean anything. It’s just, she seemed like she wouldn’t go away until we ordered it.”

 

“But is it okay to order a couple’s special when we aren’t a couple?” Jieun whispered anxiously, lowering her voice just in case the employee came back.

 

Hoya was about to reply her when the employee came back with two slices of cake and a drink. As she set th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter