Of Quizzes and Confrontations

The Awkward Neighbours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You got a message!” A cutesy voice which very strangely resembled Woohyun’s rang out in Jieun’s room.

 

Jieun stared curiously at Nayoung as she fumbled with her phone in a haste to stop the voice from repeating itself. The two girls were currently hanging out in Jieun’s room, watching variety shows on Jieun’s laptop.

 

“Where did you get this ringtone?” Jieun asked, amused at how flustered Nayoung looked as she struggled to reply Jieun.

 

“I- I don’t know either!” Nayoung replied as she scanned through the message she just received.

 

[Kekeke. Hello my dearest fan, hope you got a pleasant surprise from the ringtone! There’s only one such ringtone in the world so DON’T EVER DELETE IT!!! I’ll do a spot check every once in a while!]

 

Nayoung groaned internally. No wonder he asked for her phone the other day, pretending he didn’t bring his… As she read on, the latter part of the message got her interested.

 

“Why are you grinning like a fool? Who’s the message from?” Jieun peered over while Nayoung quickly shielded the phone screen from her friend.

 

“Uh… Oh! This looks like an interesting personality quiz! Let’s try it out!” Nayoung said, praying Jieun would take the bait.

 

“Sure! I love such quizzes!”

 

Yes! Nayoung applauded herself in her mind. But the question Jieun asked next got her flustered again.

 

“So who exactly sent you the message?”

 

“Um, just some friend who is always lame and likes to send me such stuff. Anyway, first question. Do you have a guy friend that you want to constantly talk to?” Nayoung moved on to the quiz quickly, wanting to distract Jieun from thinking about the message sender.

 

Jieun thought for a while, before her mind drifted to someone. Someone that she didn’t really want to think about now…

 

“Well?” Nayoung probed.

 

“I guess so…” Jieun replied hesitantly.

 

“Great! So for this guy friend, do you dislike it when he talks to other girls?”

 

Well, there was that AOA girl… Jieun dismissed the thought as soon as she realized she was thinking about him again.

 

“Seeing your expression, I can guess the answer. Now…”

 

As Nayoung proceeded with the questions, Jieun couldn’t help feeling that the questions were all strangely making her think of Lee Howon. And it didn’t help that Nayoung was emphasizing ‘friend’ in a weird tone.

 

As Nayoung finished asking the fifth question, she interrupted, “Nayoung, are you sure this is a personality quiz? Why is it all revolved around a guy friend?”

 

Knowing she couldn’t hide it anymore, Nayoung smiled sheepishly.

 

“Hahaha, you caught me. It’s actually a love quiz.” She admitted.

 

“Pshhh. Such tests are inaccurate.” Jieun said as she made a face. I can’t possibly be in love with him…

 

“You never know~” Nayoung grinned. “So do you want to know the result?”

 

“Nah-”

 

“Well, it seems as though you are in love with this guy ‘friend’ of yours.” Nayoung interrupted Jieun before she could even reject the offer.

 

“Ha. Ha. Me? In love?” Jieun scoffed before continuing, “You can tell your friend that this quiz is inaccurate.”

 

“Oh well. It’s just for fun.” Nayoung shrugged her shoulders.

 

The topic was soon forgotten as the two girls immersed themselves in watching variety shows again.

 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

 

However, despite whatever they said, both Jieun and Hoya couldn’t help thinking of the quiz questions and wondering if they really had feelings for each other.

 

On one of the rare off days Hoya had, he decided it was time to settle this burning question in his mind for the past few weeks. He had to meet the girl herself, but how?

 

And that was how Jieun found herself being dragged by a familiar hooded figure when she left school that da

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter