The First Official Meeting

The Awkward Neighbours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lee Nayoung hummed an Infinite song as she walked along the familiar path. Being an Inspirit, she had been to the Woollim building countless of times. But this time… The corners of curved up, and she couldn’t help breaking into a wide smile as she recalled the phone call she had with Jieun earlier.

 

“Nayoung? Are you there?” She heard Jieun’s worried voice after a brief moment of silence on her end when she picked up the call.

 

“Yeah, yeah, I’m here. What’s up? Sorry I was painting my nails.” She said as she blew on her newly painted nails.

 

“Are you free later?”

 

“Yeah. Why? Wanna hang out?”

 

“Something more exciting than that.” She could hear slight excitement from Jieun’s voice.

 

Curious, she quickly interrogated her friend, “What is it? Spill!”

 

“Want to meet your husbands?” Jieun teased in a soft voice.

 

“Why are you speaking so softly? And what husbands? I’m not married yet! Even if I marry, it would be to- OHHH MY GOSH? By husbands, you mean?!”

 

“Yep, who else? I presume you would be coming. Meet us in the Woollim building. I’ll text you the time we will reach later!” Hearing no answer from the other end, Jieun ended the call. She knew Nayoung was probably hyperventilating.

 

And she wasn’t wrong. Nayoung was shaking uncontrollably as she heard the beep sound, indicating that the call had ended. She couldn’t believe this was actually happening!

 

Coming back to reality, Nayoung saw the Woollim building in sight. Eyeing the fans outside, she confidently strutted in.

 

Hey everyone, say hello to the luckiest fangirl ever! *cues hairflip*

 

Of course, she didn’t dare to say that out, but secretly beamed to herself as she walked into the building. As soon as she came into the reception area, she saw Jieun waiting for her. Waving to her friend, she surveyed the surroundings as she went up to Jieun.

 

“Stop looking around for them here. They are in the practice room.” Jieun smirked.

 

“I wasn’t!” Nayoung tried to deny. “I was just looking around since I would never step into here again!”

 

“Who knows. Maybe you might have more chances.” Jieun kept the smirk on her face.

 

Nayoung rolled her eyes at her, causing Jieun to giggle softly.

 

“So have you met them yet?” She knew Jieun probably wanted to wait for her to go in together since she was afraid of meeting strangers alone. Well, even though she had Hoya… Nayoung couldn’t help feeling proud that Jieun still relied on her more than him.

 

Jieun shook her head, confirming Nayoung’s thoughts. Not wanting her friend to embarrass her and herself when they meet the boys, she quickly gave Jieun a brief lecture on the members on their way to the practice room.

 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

 

“They are here, they are here!”

 

“Woohoo let’s get this party started!!”

 

“What party? Who’s coming?”

 

“Hyungs? What’s happening?”

 

“Hey, Jieunie! And hello, who’s this lady here?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter