Oh, the Competition is On!

The Awkward Neighbours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jieun tapped her card and exited the subway station, before checking Google Maps on her phone for directions to the building.

 

Following the directions, she saw the building from a distance after a few minutes of walking. She could already see a few fans waiting outside, and from the signs they were holding she knew they were Inspirits. With increasing nervousness, she approached the building, hoping they wouldn’t notice her.

 

To her surprise, they barely glanced at her as she walked into the building. Thank goodness. She sighed in relief as she walked up to the reception to get a pass. Howon had told her the procedures through his text the night before.

 

Scrolling through her phone to read through the text again, she headed to the floor that he had directed. 9th floor, Writers’ Room 6...

 

“Over here, Jieun!” A familiar voice called out to her as she was staring at the signs around to find the right room. Her eyes lit up as soon as she saw him and she gave a shy wave as she walked towards him, glad to finally spot someone she knew amidst all these strangers.

 

It was a little awkward making her way here, and she didn’t really like to be around too many people at once. Unfortunately for her, she was at a broadcasting station and that meant people would be running about adhering to their schedules.

 

“Sorry, am I late?” She puffed as she sprinted the last few steps towards him, a little embarrassed that he had to wait for her.

 

“No, you are actually a little early.” He stated and she gave him a doubting look. “Really! We still have to wait for Dongwoo hyung and his friend to finish their talk with the writers first.” He said as he gestured for her to sit beside him in the waiting room.

 

“Oh okay.” She replied meekly, unsure of how to continue the conversation anymore.

 

And thus silence ensued, with the both of them fiddling with their phones.

 

“Um, Howon?” Jieun finally broke the silence to ask a question that she was curious about. “How does the talk work? Do we just present our stories to the writers?” No matter how she thought about it, she couldn’t imagine how it would go later.

 

“Oh-” Howon was about to answer when the door opened and Dongwoo came bouncing out, with his friend trailing out after him.

 

“We are doneee! It’s your turn now, Hoyaaa~ And oooh, is this your friend?” He went in front of Jieun, scaring the poor girl with his hyperness.

 

“Yes, hyung. Stop scaring my friend.” Hoya shot a look at the dinosaur, hoping he’ll get the hint.

 

He groaned internally as Dongwoo beamed at Jieun.

 

“Hello! I’m Jang Dongwoo from Infinite! Nice to meet you!” He held out his hand to her.

 

Jieun looked at his hand and back to his face, before deciding that it would be harmless to shake his hand.

 

“Hi, I’m Hong Jieun.” She spoke softly.

 

“Jieun?” A voice rang out from behind Dongwoo, before a familiar face popped out from behind Dongwoo. “Hey, you are here too!”

 

“Daeyoung?” She said in surprise. What on earth was he doing here? She looked at Dongwoo and back at Daeyoung before it clicked. Daeyoung was Dongwoo’s friend?

 

“You two know each other?” Dongwoo piped up, staring at them curiously. Meanwhile, Hoya stayed quiet, observing them. What was their relationship? Her boyfriend? He studied the guy as he waited for someone to explain.

 

“We took a few classes together before.” Daeyoung told Dongwoo, who nodded in return. Hoya frowned, not liking how the guy was using ‘we’ in his explanation. But then again, it was just a word. Why did he feel bitter?

 

“Aaah, aww I thought she might be your girlfriend!” He said, not noticing a glare shot his way from Hoya.

 

Jieun was totally flabbergasted at this situation, as her eyes flitted from one male to another. Thankfully, one of the staff approached them, telling them that the writers were ready to meet them.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter