Hurtful Words

The Awkward Neighbours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Before Daeyoung could continue the conversation, Hoya butted in.

 

“Jieunie!”

 

“Hmm?” She turned to look at him.

 

“Um… Ah…” Damn it! Why couldn’t he come up with a topic?

 

Sensing Daeyoung’s stare on him as well, he blurted out, “Don’t you think the weather’s chilly today?”

 

From the side of his eye, he could see Daeyoung raise an eyebrow at him. However, he chose to ignore the guy and waited for Jieun’s reply.

 

“The weather? Yeah, I guess it is kind of chilly today for the summer season.” Jieun replied without much thought.

 

Just as he struggled to continue the conversation, Jieun suddenly spoke again, “Oh right! I have been meaning to ask you… Have you finished the kimchi you brought home the other day?”

 

As the words left , she blushed as she realized she sounded like his wife and immediately tried to clarify, “I- I mean, your mother told me to ask you that!”

 

Seeing her apple-red face, Hoya chuckled. “I’m almost done with it. Tell my mum I’ll be back soon for more.” As he replied her, he glanced at Daeyoung, who was now chatting with the others.

 

Giving up so soon? He smirked in Daeyoung’s direction, although the latter couldn’t see him.

 

“Okay.” Jieun agreed, before a thought flashed through her mind. Huh? He could have messaged his mother himself?

 

However, she soon forgot the thought as Hoya started talking again.

 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

 

The afternoon passed in a blur and the merry gathering had to come to a halt due to Infinite’s schedule.

 

“Time really passes fast when you are enjoying your time with a beautiful lady.” Woohyun told Nayoung with a seemingly regretful expression. She gave him a light punch on his arm, though it was pretty obvious that she liked what she was hearing. The two had grown closer through Woohyun’s persistent efforts.

 

“Thank you for allowing me to meet you guys.” Nayoung stated gratefully to the members. It had been a pleasant afternoon for her mingling with these dorky guys, even though most of her time was spent with a certain greasy man.

 

Jieun nodded along with Nayoung’s statement, before adding in, “Thank you for having us.”

 

Daeyoung, who had already met the members countless times, just looked over at Dongwoo and said coolly, “See you around.”

 

“Oooh~ Hoya hyung, are you going to meet Jieun soon too?” Sungyeol asked with fake innocence, batting his eyes. He was shot with a glare from Hoya.

 

“Why would I? The show has already ended. There’s no rea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter