Restoration of Friendships

The Awkward Neighbours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hoya stood uncomfortably outside the school gate, shifting his weight from one foot to another, as he waited for her. He could feel the stares on him and hear the whispers from people walking past, probably wondering whether he was a member of a gang. Or perhaps thinking that he was crazy for wearing a hoodie in the middle of the day. It was the beginning of summer, afterall.

 

As sweaty as he was underneath his disguise, he had no choice. He had absolutely no idea who this girl was, except that she was Jieun’s friend and studied in the same university. Heck, he didn’t even know her name or major! The only other information he was relying on to track her down was her picture.

 

Scrolling to Jieun’s display picture, he stared at the photo again, trying to memorize her face. He was not a hundred percent sure, but hopefully his hunch was right, that the girl next to Jieun was that friend she was talking about.

 

Looking up, he scanned the female students that walked out of the gate, mentally crossing them out when they did not resemble the girl in the picture.

 

Some of the girls stared back as he scrutinized them, and Hoya hoped they weren’t feeling creeped out that he was looking at them. He did spot a few Inspirits here and there, seeing the all-too-familiar Infinite logo on their belongings.

 

Hours passed as he grew tired of waiting, wondering if he had missed the girl walking out. He was about to give up, when he finally spotted a familiar face. It was the face that he had been staring at all afternoon on his phone! He was sure she was Jieun’s friend when he spotted an Infinite radiation sticker on the phone that she was holding in her hand.

 

Feeling nervous, he slowly approached her.

 

“Excuse me, are you Jieun’s friend?” He tapped her shoulder as he asked through his black mask, suddenly feeling a bit uncertain. Oh my god, what if he got the wrong girl?

 

The girl whirled her head around at the mention of Jieun’s name. opened to scream when she saw the hooded figure in front of her, but Hoya was ready to stop her.

 

“Don’t scream. I’m her neighbour.” He quickly said, before she had any chance to let out her scream.

 

“Neighbour?” The girl narrowed her eyes at him, before her eyes widened with realization. “You… You mean… Ho- Hoya-oppa?!” She exclaimed, a little too loudly, causing people around them to stare.

 

“Shhh…” Hoya put his finger on his lips, or rather where his lips were supposed to be as the mask covered them and whispered, “Do you mind going somewhere quieter with me? I need to talk to you.”

 

The girl nodded and Hoya led the way to a nearby alley. Looking around to ensure that there was no one around, he removed his mask.

 

“No freaking way! It really is you!” She squealed, momentarily excited at seeing one of her idols in front of her. Hoya smiled at her. It was always cute to see the fans’ reactions to him.

 

“First off, may I ask what’s your name?” He asked sheepishly.

 

“Jieun didn’t tell you? I’m Lee Nayoung.” She introduced herself, before narrowing h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter