Are You Infinite's Fan?

The Awkward Neighbours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was as if Monday blues was affecting everyone. The professor droned on and on without cracking his usual jokes in the lesson. Students were less chatty than usual and seemed more restless as well. Jieun sighed for the umpteenth time as she glanced at the clock. Time was passing slower than she imagined.

 

[Ji~ I’m done with my lesson! Is yours going to be over soon?]

 

She was about to reply when the professor dismissed the class. Finally. She grabbed her bag and headed out of the class, where she knew Nayoung would be waiting for her.

 

“Ji! You are finally done! I waited for sooo long! I could have ran home and back to school in this time, you know...” Jieun couldn’t help laughing at Nayoung’s exaggerations.

 

“Alright, alright, it’s been tough on you okay? Anyway, are you free on your birthday? Let’s spend the day together! I got a surprise for you~” She was sure the suspense would kill Nayoung.

 

She was right as Nayoung began throwing questions at her. “What surprise? Is it linked to my present? Or did you invite anyone else to celebrate together? What is it? Please tell me, Ji, you know I can’t stand suspense!”

 

“Nu-uh. You will have to wait until that day okay?” Jieun made the action of zipping . “I’m not telling you anything. And you haven’t answered my question.”

 

“Hmph fine.” Nayoung made a face at her. “I’m only free in the afternoon though. My family’s celebrating for me at night.”

 

“Okay, then it’s settled! I booked your afternoon already so don’t go on and give it to any boyfriend of yours.” Jieun teasingly wiggled her eyebrows.

 

“What boyfriend?! Don’t sprout nonsense! I’m only interested in my oppas…” Nayoung replied dreamingly, her hands clutched together and a wide smile on her face.

 

Jieun shook her head. Nayoung must be in her Infinite-lalaland again.

 

“Continue dreaming. I’m off.” One. Two. Three.

 

“Hey, hey! Ji? Hong Jieun! Wait for me!!”

 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

 

Brainstorm Nayoung’s present. Tick. Ask Nayoung if she’s free. Tick. Get Nayoung’s present…

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter