Of Nods & Text Messages

The Awkward Neighbours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So… Are you heading back now?” The question caught her by surprise. Jieun had thought that after the deal was made, he would leave her alone.

 

She nodded, and took a sip of her bubble tea.

 

“Then is it okay if I walk back with you?” He glanced at her as he asked cautiously.

 

He didn’t miss the look of surprise on her face.

 

“I need to get some kimchi from my mum.” He added.

 

formed an “O” before she nodded again.

 

The walk back was silent as thoughts ran through their minds.

 

It’s good that I found the perfect present for Nayoung. But… Going on ‘Celebrity’s Friend’ would mean showing my face to the world right? Would I really be alright? Howon’s fans… Jieun pondered as she sipped her drink.

 

Aish! It’s starting again… Why can’t I think of any topic to talk to her about? How about… No, that’s not a good topic to start with… Or… Ideas after ideas were dismissed in Hoya’s mind as he glanced every now and then at Jieun, who seemed to be spacing out.

 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

 

Before the duo knew it, they reached the apartment complex.

 

While Jieun pressed the lift button, Hoya finally took the chance to talk to her.

 

“Um, Jieun ah, should we exchange contacts? I might need to get some details from you later on for my manager.”

 

“Oh, sure.” He was not going to lie; it was certainly a shock to him that she replied instead of nodding to express her agreement.

 

He exchanged phones with her as they got into the lift.

 

“Thanks again for the help, Jieun ah. I really appreciate it. Here.” He gave her a smile as he passed her phone back.

 

“No problem, Howon- I mean Hoya.” She smiled back, handing him his phone.

 

“It’s okay, you can call me Howon. After all, you are my childhood friend. Oh! We are here. Ladies first?” He held the lift door as she walked out.

 

When they reached Jieun’s house, both mothers were tidying up the mess in the living room.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter