Cheer Up, All Will Be Fine

The Awkward Neighbours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jieun glanced at her phone every few minute as she attempted to do her readings for the week. Weird. Why hasn’t he replied? She swiped her phone again, tapping into the chat.

 

Her last message, which was sent eight hours ago in the morning, was still unread. Strange, usually he would have replied by now.

 

She scrolled up, trying to find out his schedule for the day. Hmm, practising for comeback. Normally, he would have breaks between practices though. And that’s when he would reply… She frowned as she put down her phone.

 

Brr. She immediately picked up her phone again.

 

[Win a trip for 2 to Australia! Call…]

 

She sighed as she deleted the message.

 

Odd. It was really odd. And she had a feeling something bad happened.

 

Tapping back into the chat, she typed.

 

[Howonie, are you okay? Don’t overwork yourself. Remember to take a break! =D]

 

She was unsure if he would read the message, but she still decided to send it. Howonie. She blushed a little at the pet name she used. He had suggested the idea after the day they met the writers, stating that they had to become closer in case the writers still suspected them.

 

Brr. She jumped at the vibration, snapping back to reality. Hoping it wasn’t another advertisement, she swiped her phone.

 

[Hey Jieunie. No, I’m not okay =( Been practising the whole day but I just can’t perfect a part of the song.]

 

[Honestly, I’m on the verge of giving up. Maybe I’m just not meant to be a singer…]

 

[Anyway I probably won’t reply until much later, so good night in advance.]

 

Creases appeared between her eyebrows as she read his messages. The second message, particularly, did not sound like the Lee Howon she knew. It must have been a tough part for him to even mention about giving up. As far as she knew, Lee Howon is always determined, never giving up.

 

Which meant he was probably really depressed right now. Staring at his messages, she felt an unstoppable desire to cheer him up. Afterall, he’s her friend and friends should be there for each other, right?

 

Making up her mind, she stood up and got dressed.

 

“Mum, I’m going out for a bit!” She shouted before rushing out of the door, not giving her mother a chance to respond.

 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

 

Even though it was already nightfall, there were still a few fangirls hanging around the Woollim building. Jieun gulped as she contemplated her decision again.

 

The worst case scenario was to be questioned by the fans. That didn’t sound too bad… Wait, but what would she reply? If she said she was his friend, would they beat her up? Then the worst case scenario would be getting hit? Oh dear, how was she going to defend herself?

 

She scanned the fans again. They looked friendly, but there was that famous saying about not judging books by their covers…

 

She looked down at the plastic bag she was holding and nodded to herself. She had already come this far. And maybe she would be lucky like the other day when she wasn’t questioned at all? Yes, Hong Jieun, think positively!

 

She gripped the plastic bag tightly as she walked towards the building, staring straight ahead.

 

“Who’s she?”

 

“No idea. Is she a new staff?”

 

“Should we ask her?”

 

She heard murmurs as she walked past them with quick steps, praying they wouldn’t stop her. Just act naturally. Like you are a staff. Jieun chanted in her head, trying not to tremble.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter