Just Another Ordinary Day

The Awkward Neighbours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was like any other day in school for Jieun. Lessons, lunch, and lessons again. Same old boring routine. The classroom was pretty quiet towards the end of the day, as students were restlessly waiting for school to be out.

 

Tick. Tick. Tick. Only the sound of the classroom clock could be heard, the seconds hand completing yet another round past the big “12” on the clock.

 

“1 minute left now…” Jieun muttered to herself, while preparing to pack up her things.

 

“Okay, class, remember to do the questions over the weekend. I will be doing random checks next lesson.” The professor threatened and flashed a grin at them, “oh, and have a happy weekend!”

 

Right. A happy weekend spent doing the questions. Sometimes, she couldn’t get how sadistic the professors were.

 

Jieun walked out of the classroom, bading her farewells to her fellow classmates.

 

“Ji! I’m here!” Someone called out as she walked past.

 

“Young! I thought we were supposed to meet at the bus stop!” Jieun stopped out of surprise upon seeing Nayoung waiting outside her class.

 

“My class ended early! Gosh, your professor always ends on time, never early.” Nayoung lamented.

 

“I know right? So what shall we do today? It’s a Friday so I don’t feel like going home right now.” She pouted, thinking of the pile of work waiting for her to tackle at home.

 

“Hmm, ice cream? The weather’s been freaking hot these few days! Call?” Nayoung grinned suggestively.

 

“Okay, call! Let’s go!” Jieun agreed without hesitation. She was craving for anything that could cool her off.

 

The two of them began to walk to the school bus stop with light footsteps. The weekend was finally here.

 

“Bad, bad, bad bet a bad bad girl~” It seemed that Nayoung was in a really good mood today; she was even humming out loud. Jieun chuckled at her best friend.

 

“Whose song?” She asked out of curiosity.

 

“Infinite! Sorry, was I too embarrassing? I couldn’t help myself, their songs are too good! You should give them a try too!” Jieun stared at her, amused.

 

“Okay, I’ll shut up now, I forgot you aren’t a fan.” A sheepish grin came her way and Jieun felt a pang of guilt.

 

She could give them a try, but she didn’t want to. Not when her childhood friend, her neighbour,  was one of the members. She couldn’t imagine stanning them; that would be too awkward.

 

“Nah, it’s okay, I have my B1A4 already. I will be a loyal BANA!” She exclaimed a little too loudly, earning a chuckle from Nayoung.

 

“Alright, alright. I can continue fangirling about them on my own th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter