Lollipop | 2min | PG

SHINee Drabble Dump

He knew it for sure now. There was no way that a person would do that every day for weeks without a reason. Especially while staring straight at him. He knew it. There wasn’t any other explanation for it. Now he just had to prove it so he could confront him. It would be hard to prove, but he had to, his sanity depended on it. All he knew for sure was that Choi Minho was testing him, teasing him. Whatever the motive, Taemin didn’t know, but he would be sure to ask once he had Minho alone and could make him tell the truth.

 

This was his last chance though, at least until the summer break was over. It was the last day of the semester and he would be plagued with this dilemma for two or more months before he could get to the bottom of it – something he couldn’t allow to happen.

 

When the last bell of the semester rang, Taemin slowly packed his things away, waiting for his chance to confront Minho when there were fewer students around. Minho usually hung around later than most students so Taemin could easily assume that he’d find his opportunity soon enough and by the time the classroom was empty of all students except the two of them, Taemin knew something was up.

 

“Waiting for me?” Minho asked, lollipop stick hanging idly from between his teeth. Noticing how Taemin jumped at being addressed, Minho smirked and leaned back in his seat, letting the front legs rise off the floor. “Something you wanna say?”

 

“You’re a jerk.”

 

Minho chuckled, nodding. “So I’ve been told many times before. Got another name for me?”

 

Taemin turned and glared. “Douchebag.”

 

There was an expression of mock hurt before Minho was just grinning again.

 

Growling under his breath, Taemin stormed over to Minho’s desk and slammed his hands down, startling Minho enough that he let his chair stand on all four legs again, a whole tirade he hadn’t even prepared spilling from his lips before he could even help it. “What? Do you think you’re so fantastic? You’re just a self-absorbed son-of-a- who never does any work in class. You think you’re so high and mighty and perfect for everyone but guess what? Everyone is too good for you.” Satisfied with how Minho’s eyes had widened quite substantially through his monologue, Taemin his heel with a scoff. “And stop lollipops in class, it’s distracting.”

 

“Distracting, huh?” Minho asked, standing from his chair, ripping a wrapper from a new lollipop and popping it into his mouth. “Now why is it so distracting?” He inquired, approaching Taemin’s frozen form. “Perhaps, it’s the way I slide my tongue around it? Or maybe the fact that you wish it was your lollipop I was – ”

 

Snapping from his frozen state, Taemin launched a punch at Minho’s face, barely missing. “.”

 

Minho only smirked, taking the lollipop out and gripping the back of Taemin’s head with his other hand, forcing him in before the smaller male could protest. Their mouths met messily, Taemin whining and punching Minho’s chest to try and get free, but then Minho lapped his tongue out along his lips, startling a gasp that allowed him to slide his muscle in – and . Taemin saw stars, whimpering as he gripped Minho’s school shirt as he tilted his head to the right angle, tasting the watermelon flavouring on his own tongue.

 

When Minho broke the kiss abruptly, he kissed Taemin a few short times before he popped his lollipop into Taemin’s mouth. “I do enjoy our banter, Taemin, but I think it’s time we both faced simple facts that you’re as attracted to me as I am to you.” He stated, tapping Taemin’s chin with two fingers. “So, I’m taking you on a date. No if’s or but’s about it, even if I have to kidnap you.”

 

Taemin grumbled. “Why would I wanna go on a date with you?”

 

“Because you kissed me back.”

 

Pouting, Taemin crossed his arms. Minho was right, but still, what did that have to do with going on a date of all things? He couldn’t stand Minho, at least, that’s what he told himself. Sure the taller male was handsome and everything else with a firm jawline and straight nose, but he couldn’t just crumble like that. No, he couldn’t.

 

“Come on, Taemin.” Minho called, already standing by the door of the classroom with bag over his shoulder. “If we leave now we can still make an earlier movie.” He said with a wide smile. Not a grin, but a smile.

 

Despite himself, Taemin sighed and grabbed his bag, swinging it over his shoulder and following Minho out the door. After all, it was just one date.