Peanut Butter Cookies | Onho | girl!Minho

SHINee Drabble Dump

 

There was no doubt about it now. He was the biggest fool on the planet. How could he not know something so simple about the person he claimed to like so much?

 

Sitting in the hospital waiting room, head in his hands as he tried to gather the courage to ask the nurse at the desk where he had to go to visit the girl he’d put into the emergency room just hours before.

 

All he’d wanted to do was give her a gift for her birthday and after mulling it over for days and days he figured the best thing to give was a gift he’d made himself. So naturally he’d made the only thing he was capable of cooking.

 

Peanut butter cookies. A recipe he didn’t think he could ever look at again.

 

He hadn’t heard until later in the evening that she had been rushed to the hospital after an anaphylactic attack, a mutual friend messaging him in a rage. Really, he should have known better and he deserved every insult thrown at him for his stupidity – his phone, if it was still on, would have continued buzzing with all the messages he was receiving. Since the first message he’d imagined it over and over again, how she must have felt as she suffocated.

 

The very image in his mind made him want to die.

 

Finally gaining a little courage, Jinki stood, only to come face to face with the girl he’d come to see. He froze on the spot, staring in stunned silence as the girl just smiled in greeting. She wore a pink dressing gown over a light blue hospital gown, fingers loose around an IV stand. Her long red coloured hair was piled on top of her head and if he was being honest, she looked a little swollen on the cheeks and lips. “Minjung…”

 

“Oppa.” She greeted quietly, conscious of the other people in the waiting room. “It’s good to see you.”

 

Still completely stunned, he couldn’t help but comment on the obvious. “Y-you’re walking around…”

 

Minjung nodded slightly. “I was tired of just lying around so I figured I’d take a stroll.” She explained, smile still bright as she spoke. Her expression suddenly changed, confused as she spoke. “But what are you doing here? I wasn’t expecting you.”

 

At the mention of his presence, Jinki lowered his head. “I-I just wanted to see if you were okay…” He muttered, feeling utterly at fault. “I’m the reason you’re here after all…”

 

With a shake of her head, Minjung reached out to lightly grip his shirt at the elbow. “Oh no please don’t think that, oppa.” She insisted. “I shouldn’t have eaten the cookies. You’d think that after all these years I’d know better… but…” Minjung’s feet shuffled and Jinki looked up in time to see her blush before she raised an arm to hide her cheeks. “But I really like you so I wanted to eat what you made me… I was too hasty.”

 

Jinki chuckled nervously, digging hands into his pockets. “I guess you don’t like me much now though, huh?”

 

“Nah, I like you plenty.”