Captain and Assassin | Minkey | PG | girl!Kibum

SHINee Drabble Dump

 

She huffed out a soft breath as she woke, the cool breeze of the open doors, a balcony beyond them, gossamer curtains billowing in the wake of nature. Barely shifting, the weight behind her almost moved, just enough for her to know that the Captain of the Guard had woken. Still, he didn’t move, the warmth of his hand only becoming heavier on the small of her back. A shiver trickled up her spine and she sighed quietly, turning towards him and shifting closer, his limbs moving as if on their own accord to accommodate her presence.

 

“Good morning.” He breathed, his voice rough, lips smiling just slightly as his eyes remained completely shut.

 

The first attempt as speaking didn’t work, her voice dying in . Clearing it as quietly as possible she tried again, voice just as gravelly as his. “G’ mornin’…”

 

He chuckled softly, arm tugging her in closer, fingers trailing up the path of her spine sending a shudder through her. Slowly, his eyes opened, meeting hers which had been staring intently at his eyelashes. “Are you okay?”

 

A nod and a hum was the only response he received. He didn’t seem to believe her until she was smiling. “Shh, I’m just tired.” Then her eyes were closed again and she snuggled into him, temple pressing to his chest where his heart drummed through his ribcage.

 

His fingers still on her spine, he sighed softly and then she could hear the quiet snores, just enough to know that he had asleep once again.

 

As his heartrate settled, his body relaxing, Gwiboon let her smile fall as a million guilts swarmed her mind. Was it fair to have let it get so far? To think, that she’d somehow been the one to get the Captain of the Guard into her bed, when they’d met on such bad terms – so bad that she’d been chained to him, hand on his sword any moment he spent in her presence. Now he lay completely unclothed beside her – also unclothed – after a night spent in each other’s arms.

 

Most wouldn’t believe it.

 

Not her, the one person most people were terrified of. An assassin so skilled she’d been sought out from a far off land to serve the King. She was there to complete the King’s dirty work, there were many people she’d hurt, many who would seek revenge on her. And that was what scared her.

 

If anyone found out about this, about her romantic connection with such a powerful person in the castle, her lover could be in danger. Of course bringing this up with him wasn’t an option. He was talented in his own right, so skilled he could rival her in a fair fight. Perhaps that was why they had clicked so well – at first as friends and now as more so.

 

Still, she thought, opening her eyes a little to stare into space, they’d only just accomplished an understanding, realised they’d both been idiots to keep their feelings to themselves. Worrying too much about the future would just ruin the lush afterglow of what they were experiencing, prevent her from enjoying the calm.

 

“You’re thinking too hard.” He mumbled, a hand coming to her hair and massaging her scalp. “Go back to sleep.” He insisted.

 

A wicked smile grew across her lips, rolling so suddenly that he gasped, eyes shooting open as she was suddenly straddling him, arms about the sides of his head. He caught sight of her grin and the cogs turned, clicking into place as he realised what was going on. Hands on his chest – firm, strong, scarred – she let out a soft hum. “I have a better idea.”