Distracting | Jongho | G

SHINee Drabble Dump

 

Minho could vaguely hear his students whispering behind him, the hushed words coming out as hums of varying pitch. Usually he’d pull them up, warn them with a punishment if they continued to talk, but he figured that a few moments at the start of the day to become relaxed before they focused completely wouldn’t do any harm.

 

Besides, he was standing in front of the board, the notes he wanted them to take down being covered by his tall frame. Expecting them to see through him was ridiculous.

 

As he finished writing on one side of the board and stepped aside, Minho turned and eyed his students, silently warning the ones who looked up at his movement and seeking out the ones who were too busy chatting to notice. “No more talk.” He warned. “Take these notes down before I wipe them off.”

 

Silence quickly took over the classroom and Minho smiled to himself in pride. His students were always so well behaved; he’d have to treat them somehow before the end of the hour. Maybe he’d connect his laptop to the projector and play come funny videos for them or something.

 

There was a knock at the classroom door and Minho almost scowled, the sound disrupting his students, but at the door stood someone he could never hate to see. “Oh, Mr Kim. What can I do for you?” He asked as Jonghyun greeted him with a nod.

 

“Can I have a word?” Jonghyun asked, smiling broadly.

 

Several of Minho’s students began to whisper again and Minho shot them a stern look, reminding them to continue writing and that he would be back in a few moments.

 

“You need to stop coming by like this.” Minho commented softly when he was alone with Jonghyun in the hallway. “It’s incredibly distracting.”

 

Jonghyun grinned, smug. “To who? You or the students?”

 

He settled Jonghyun with a glare. “Both.”

 

The response Minho got was a soft laugh before Jonghyun was handing Minho a set of keys. “I’ve been asked to stay back and help with the music students so you’ll need these to get home.”

 

Accepting the keys, Minho pocketed them and then almost recoiled when Jonghyun rose on his toes and tugged Minho down by his tie, briefly touching lips. “J-jjong!” He hissed, glancing up and down the hallway in the fear that someone could have seen.

 

Jonghyun rolled his eyes and waved as he passed Minho, returning to his office. “I’ll see you tonight.”

 

Minho’s cheeks were still a little flushed when he walked back into the classroom, finding that most of the eyes of his students were on him. “Sorry, I’ll continue writing the notes.” He told them, reaching for his sheets of paper.

 

“Mr Choi?” One of the girls asked.

 

“Yes?” He answered absently, beginning to write more of the notes down on the mostly empty white board.

 

“Are you and Mr Kim, like, dating or something?”

 

Minho’s hand slipped, a long line of marker streaking across the board as he turned in shock, mouth agape.