Positive | Minkey | G | girl!Kibum

SHINee Drabble Dump

Minho wasn’t sure if he wanted to go home after work at first. Not that he wasn’t tired as hell and couldn’t wait to sit on the couch and watch some tv or a movie, but he was concerned about his girlfriend. Gwiboon wasn’t usually the type to actually get mad at him. Sure they bickered and argued about the silly things a lot – their personalities clashed quite often – but she’d been fuming at him for some unknown reason that morning when he’d been leaving and blew up at him in such a way he’d fled with his tail between his legs. Even texts he’d sent to her during breaks hadn’t been replied to.

 

In truth, he was becoming extremely concerned for her and in the end that concern won over the frightened thought of being yelled at.

 

When he had left home that morning he’d recalled that the apartment was in general disarray. Not that it had been filthy or anything, but there were things out of their place, a few pieces of clothing left lying around – because usually rushing to the bedroom entangled in each other’s arms doesn’t leave room to pause and tidy up as they go –and the floor having needed a vacuum for almost two weeks especially with the two dog’s and single cat that roamed their house. But stepping in he found it so clean he could have sworn it wasn’t their apartment at all.

 

A smile spread over his lips. Gwiboon wasn’t picky, nor a neat freak – if anyone was a neat freak it was himself – but when she was upset in any way she was the best cleaner you could imagine. She’d even gotten out the metal wipes and cleaned the kitchen appliances, mopped the wooden floors and vacuumed the plush dark brown carpet.

 

“Hey guys.” Minho greeted as he slipped his shoes off one by one, Gwiboon’s two poodles rushing to welcome him home, and jumping with excited little yelps. He pet each of them on the head and swept his eyes over the adjoined kitchen and living area to see if his cat was around. She wasn’t, not that he was in anyway surprised. Standing upright, Minho quickly realised that Gwiboon wasn’t around either, even though her shoes were still at the door. “Gwiboon?” He called, unable to keep the worry from being expressed in his voice. “Are you home, sweetie?”

 

It was a while before he was given a response, but Minho didn’t hesitate to step towards the bathroom where his girlfriend’s quiet voice had responded from.

 

The door was open and he frowned a little when he found her sitting on the closed toilet. She was hunched over, elbows on her knees, hands hanging down and holding a long slim object. Her wavy black hair was tied up in a messy bun, many pieces fallen loose and both framed and hid her face.

 

Taking in a quiet breath, Minho knelt down in front of her, carefully cupping her left arm with his hand, trying to meet her eyes despite the angle. “What’s wrong, Gwiboon?” He whispered.

 

Her eyes were wide when she raised her head just slightly, sniffling as she looked away again. “I did a pregnancy test.” She mumbled.

 

Suddenly the object in her hands made sense and Minho nodded in understanding. “And?”

 

“It’s… it’s positive, Minho.” Gwiboon muttered, finally able to meet his gaze, but just barely, but seemed determined as if she wanted to assess his response. “I’m pregnant.”

 

He didn’t know what to do at first, he just stared at her in both shock and excitement. He was going to be a father?

 

He was going to be a father?

 

Gwiboon grew frustrated by his silence and huffed, tears filling her eyes. “Say something, Minho, for god’s sake.”

 

“I’m going to be a father?” He gasped quietly, rising a little and cupping both of her cheeks with his trembling hands. Gwiboon nodded shakily, unable to read his expression.

 

His reaction was perhaps a little overboard, but he’d be damned if he didn’t get every one of his feelings out of his system or he would have exploded. He pulled her to her feet and held her tight, only to push back and settle a firm and adoring kiss to her lips, startling a squeak from her, before he pulled back again and smiled so widely it almost hurt. “I’m going to be a father!”

 

The tears fell from Gwiboon’s eyes as she nodded, leaning into one of his hands as she finally smiled, letting out a breath of relief. “I’m sorry I yelled this morning, baby. I never meant – ”

 

“It doesn’t matter anymore.” Minho told her, lifting her so he could seat her on the bathroom counter. With no shame, Minho lifted her – or rather, his – shirt to look at her flat, a little squishy, but overall unassuming belly. “Hey little prince or princess.” He whispered, pressing his forehead to Gwiboon’s belly and closing his eyes. She chuckled in amusement of his antics, but ran her fingers through his hair as he continued. “I can’t wait to meet you. You’re going to have the best parents in the world, you’ll see.”

 

For a long while they stayed like that, in silence as Minho seemed to be trying to make out the heartbeat of a child that couldn’t be more than a few months old and smaller than a jelly bean.

 

“You do forgive me though, right?” Gwiboon muttered. “For this morning.”

 

Minho stood upright, hands still at her hips. Lips pressed to hers, once, twice, three times, and then he stared into her eyes, forehead laying to hers. “I forgave you the moment I stepped out the door, sweetheart.”