rooftop, tattoos, sunset | 2min | G

SHINee Drabble Dump

He sighed softly, staring out at the yellowing sky, unlit cigarette hanging idly from between two fingers, elbows leaning comfortably against the railing. It was taking all of his willpower not to light the addictive, calming stick, but he had told himself he would quit, to make his lover happy.

 

“I thought I would find you up here.”

 

Turning his head, Minho watched as the younger male approached, knowing he’d been caught red handed. Offering a smile of sorts, Minho tossed the unlit cigarette off the roof, barely watching it fall towards the busy street their building was set upon before he turned his eyes back to Taemin. “Hey.”

 

Within a few steps, Taemin was standing beside Minho at the railing, leaning his own arms against it. “Did you light up?”

 

“No.” Minho answered truthfully. “B-but…”

 

“You thought about it.”

 

Minho nodded.

 

Patting Minho’s back, Taemin leaned in and kissed his cheek. “It’s okay. You didn’t light one, that’s what matters. And I’m proud of you.”

 

With a turn of his head, their lips met and Minho twisted his body to face the younger, bringing their bodies close as he held Taemin’s waist. Taemin hummed, welcoming the kiss without protest.

 

“You taste so much better without the smoke.” Taemin commented, smiling because other than that fact, his lover was healthier. It was the main reason he had encouraged him to quit, just like he had so many years ago.

 

Minho gave a small smile in return, gliding fingers up Taemin’s right arm. “How was Kibum?”

 

Smile turning to a grin, Taemin glanced at his right arm and reached over to pull his sleeve up to reveal a half complete tattoo. “The usual. ing about Jonghyun.” He replied. “But he’s happy about how this is looking, he reckons I should get one on my left arm to match, but that’ll just have to wait.”

 

Laughing, Minho the newly inked lined, red surrounding them as the skin fought to heal. “Does it hurt?”

 

“Not today.” Taemin replied with a shake of his head. “Not like my collarbone or behind my ear.”

 

At the mention of his favourite tattoo, Minho reached to Taemin’s neck, brushing the hair on the left away to reveal his name etched into his younger lover’s skin. “I hope you don’t regret getting my name engraved on you. One day you might wanna get it ripped off and it’ll hurt even more to do that then to get it done.”

 

Taemin laughed, pressing his hand against Minho’s chest, leaning in to exchange a languid kiss. “I highly doubt that I need to worry about such a thing. You’d be useless without me.”

 

“Hey!” Minho cried, grabbing Taemin around the waist as the younger tried to get away. “Speak for yourself, you brat.”

 

Laughing harder and louder, Taemin put up a pathetic struggle against Minho’s hold, purposefully letting Minho think he had him trapped. He could escape any time, but really, he enjoyed having the older male’s arms wrapped to tightly around him.

 

Minho nipped at the back off Taemin’s neck, grazing his teeth over the tattoo marking his name. “I don’t know why I love you, honestly I don’t.” He muttered, making Taemin turn towards the sky, the sun setting behind the high hills and tall buildings of the city skyline. “Just stand here with me, okay?”

 

Leaning back against Minho’s chest, Taemin sighed and wondered how he was so very lucky.