His Answer | Jongkey | G

SHINee Drabble Dump

 

Most would not assume Kibum to be a video game player. And usually most people would be right. He didn't have the patience to play games nor did he have the care for such things. But Jonghyun had discovered that if he handed Kibum a controller, put on a good game and muttered that he would have fun kicking his , then Kibum was more than willing to play. Because what guy would back down from being called a whimp? - without so many words...
It was how they ended up sitting on the floor of Jonghyun's room, cursing at each other as they fought for dominance in a game of Halo. 

 

"I hate you." Kibum stated, growling under his breath as he waited to respawn from his recent rocket launcher caused death. 

 

"Don't hate me, hate my skills." Jonghyun teased. 

 

"That is hating you, idiot!" Kibum cried, smacking Jonghyun upside the head. 

 

Now back in the game, Kibum rejoiced because he had his favourite weapons, rushing out into the map to find Jonghyun who was simply wandering around waiting for his next kill. 

 

"Come on, Kibummie, you've got a minute to kill me." Jonghyun told him, smirking as he heard Kibum huff in response.

 

And it took less than a minute for Jonghyun to sneak up behind Kibum and blast him once more with a rocket launcher, sending his virtual body flying through the air, the game coming to an end before Kibum could respawn again. "I really, really hate you." Kibum muttered, putting the controller down and pouting. 

 

"Then play the game more and you'll learn how to use your radar and reflexes."

 

"Yeah the only reason you challenge me and not a Minho is because you know he'll kick your into next week." Kibum stated knowingly. "And he'd probably brag about his victory just as long."

 

The older male's cheeks flushed brilliantly as he pouted. "Shut up."

 

Laughing, Kibum slapped Jonghyun's knee. "There's no way I'm letting you forget it, Jjong!" He assured him. "It's too funny!"

 

Growling, Jonghyun pounced upon the younger, aiming fingers at his slim sides to tickle torture him until he couldn't even laugh anymore from being so breathless. It was always fun to poke at Kibum's waist, the younger notoriously ticklish almost everywhere on his body - or so he admitted with distain many years ago.

 

Kibum was immediately squawking in protest and laughing as he writhed, trying to get out from under Jonghyun's heavier body weight. "J-Jonghyun! Get off me!"

 

"Nope." He stated, laughing himself as he continued to prod Kibum's waist and stomach, joyous at the laugher and high pitched squeaks it earned him. 

 

But then he froze, the pair of them staring at one another as they caught their breath. Kibum frowned a little, wondering why Jonghyun had suddenly stopped though there was no protest to that. The reason Jonghyun had stopped was because he had realised that he was straddling his best friend, tickling him so intimately even though he had received a confession from the younger not even a few hours ago. How he had managed to forget, he didn't know, but somehow he realised in that moment that Kibum hadn't let his lack of an answer change how he acted around him, had continued on like he had never said a word and he was worried now. Worried that Kibum might have taken his lack of words the wrong way. He was too unsure of what he felt to give an answer, because he couldn't in his right mind place Kibum's heart in a place where he might cause it harm. 

 

But lying there, hair a mess and lying about his face, Kibum looked like every bit of who he needed, the person he could laugh with, tease and fight with, only to kiss and make up on the heat of whatever debate they were having. 

 

Right then and there, Jonghyun knew he had his answer. 

 

Kibum tilted his head a little, lips parting slightly to speak, but never got the chance. 

 

Lips descended upon his own, the breath out of him as hands tightened protectively at his waist. Though stunned for a stuttered heartbeat, Kibum let his arms wrap around Jonghyun's neck, returning the kiss desperately as Jonghyun guided his lips apart to allow their tongues to meet. Both hummed at the contact, the game and the entire world around them forgotten.