CHAPTER 21

CHEONGSHIM ACADEMY

.

 

 

 

DARA

 

 

 

 

After school, we drove straight to my house. I'm sulking I know. And yep! The ain't bothered at all, he just kept driving while looking at me once in a while. Such a stalker. 

       

I sighed, reclined on my seat, and looked at the passing scenery. Why couldn’t I fall for a sane boy? Someone who knew how these things worked in the twenty first century, someone who wasn’t so damn infuriating and ing hot at the same time, I mean that was just not fair?

 

Crazy Brain says we are now in a serious relationship. I know and he knows how I feel about him but if I’ll admit it out loud though, annoying .

 

Those two days when I’d run away from him after his punishment stunt, I’d missed him so much it was almost like a physical pain, that’s when I knew. He’d ing hooked me and not just with . It had taken me a while to realize that he was taking care of me.

 

In the beginning I thought he’d been handling me but he wasn’t. He took care of me. It was so weird. Maybe because no one else had ever done that for me before, well except Dad, he had tried when I was younger.

 

He didn’t trust my truck so he brought me to and from school and anywhere else I wanted to go these days. He bought my clothes for me and I’d noticed that all the things Mom used to provide me  were slowly but surely being filled by him.

 

Dad didn’t make much money at his job, well.. not the kind of money to keep me in designer wear. I have to admit to having a weakness for the finer things that’s why I’m still milking my good for nothing Mother for extra money Dad can't give. But with Jae it wasn’t necessary, it’s like he knew whenever I needed something. If I didn’t know better I would swear the boy had my room bugged or some , then again I wouldn’t put anything past him.

 

He was always looking out for me. His new kick or obsession was my school work, for some reason it had become very important to him that I kept my grades up, not that that was a problem,. Though I am nowhere near his caliber, I can hold my own.

 

Dad thought Jae was the . He didn’t even mind us being alone together at the house and he had to know that when I had a sleep over with Shinhye that I was really with Jae. Crazy Brain never made a deal out of it. The two of them even had long drawn out discussions about sports and Jae helped Dad set up his computer software. Weird.

 

I had no intentions on spending thanksgiving with my Mom. She probably just needed to impress someone and that’s why she invited me. As if the only time I did anything for her was if there was something in it for me, mercenary I know, but that’s what she fostered.

 

I already know my dad had to work, he’d told me guiltily only the day before. I’d been prepared to spend it alone, it wouldn’t be the first time. I should’ve known there’s no way Crazy Brain would let that happen. Still, couldn’t have him having his own way all the time, where was the fun in that?

 

“Maybe I’m thinking of jetting off to Greece for a few days, I did make some nice friends there last time.”

 

Oh ! He’s pulling over on the side of the road. Why the can’t I keep my mouth shut? I wonder what Crazy Brain would do, I hope he’d forgotten those pictures of me and my little Greek friend. !

 

He looked at me, eyes blazing. "What did you say?"

 

"It was a joke."

 

“I’m not ing smiling, out.”

 

I folded my arms and looked straight ahead. Bad move.

 

The next thing I know his hand was around my neck, squeezing it a little. He was looking right into my eyes, no emotion on his face, his eyes a dead stare.

 

____________________

 

 

JAE

 

 

It was always two steps forward and three steps back with this girl. I knew she was putting up a fight out of fear, the fear of rejection, of neglect, all the life lessons that her of a mother had taught her. If it took me the rest of our lives I’ll show her that with me she didn’t have to worry, I wasn’t going anywhere, but she wouldn’t get away with this . Ever.

 

"Don’t ever mention that prick to me again, you even think of pulling a stunt like this again and I’ll really let you have it. You hear me?”

 

My frustration jump up a notch when she didn't answer and just stared right back at me.

 

“You never throw another man in your man’s face ever. That's a line you should never cross with me."

 

I started the car and took her home, I didn’t get out like I usually did, just drove off in anger.