Chapter 5

Before My Eyes

After some months, Taehyung was called back at his home.

 

 

“Taehyung, will you be okay?” Taehee said and looked at Taehyung as if he’ll never come back. She’s almost touching Taehyung’s face when Jin oppa covered a cough.

 

“He’ll be fine, Taehee. Don’t you worry too much.”

 

“Yeah, Jin hyung’s right. It will be alright. They are my parents, anyway.” Taehyung smiled at her. I almost rolled my eyes. Was Namjoon oppa that sweet at me? Because I can’t really accept it if it’s a yes.

 

“But still…” Taehee insisted. Taehyung smiled more.

 

“Really, it’s fine. I’m going.”

 

“Just tell us what happened after, Taehyung-ah.” I said. He nodded and went on.

 

“What if they’ll demand Taehyung to stay in their house again?” Taehee suddenly whined. Jin oppa looked at her unbelievingly.

 

“Why, does it matter?” He asked. “Don’t tell me you’d break up with him if—”

 

“Of course I won’t!” She suddenly exclaimed. “It’s just… It’ll be sad if he’ll leave this house."

 

“Not that I care.” Jin oppa said coolly and went out. I have to silently applaud him for being so cruel at Taehee’s overdramatic dialogues.

 

“What?” I asked innocently. She rolled her eyes at me and went to our room.

 

~-~-

 

Taehyung is fidgeting while waiting for his parents to arrive. They are probably arranging something upstairs, because an ajhmma said they are home. He just have to wait for them.

After a minute or two he saw his mother coming out along with his father. They are so sweet holding one another, but after his father saw him, his look became stern. Taehyung didn’t look straight into his eyes and just waited for them to sit.


“How are you, Taehyung?” His mom asked after some seconds of silence. He looked at her, really wanting to hug her for he really missed her but his father is somehow trying to prevent him from hugging her. He’s just so scary, Taehyung had thought.

“I’m fine, eomma. They’re feeding me, don’t worry too much.”

“I’ll go straight to the point.” His father said in a scary tone after he heaved a scary sigh. Taehyung gulped down few of his saliva and went back staring at the floor. His father continued like he’s not sensing Taehyung’s fear. “The news in the café is quite good. 3% in sales in just two quarters.” Taehyung suddenly looked at his father when he heard a softer voice, and saw him half-smiling. He tried to feel proud. “I think you’re ready to own it, Kim Taehyung.”

“Aboji…”

“Yeabo, are you sure?” His mother asked as she held his arm. His father looked at her.

“When did I become unsure? I told you he can do it.” Suddenly Taehyung blew a sigh of relief and smiled. My father acknowledged me! I thought this day would never come true! His thoughts are making him want to jump right now, but he stayed on his seat and acted really surprised (not that he isn’t surprised).

“A-aboji, the café’s mine now?” He turned to Taehyung and nodded.

“Of course. You can sell it, but never change it to zoo, Kim Taehyung. I wanted it to stay like a café.” He said it in serious tone and Taehyung nodded as he gulped once again. “Good you understood. If you continued that kind of management, I might help you with your… business.”

“Really? You’d help me with my future zoo?!” He now asked, near to exclaiming. 

“We can help you with that, but I think theme park is better. It’s near to hotels and restaurants, right?” His mom said, smiling. He smiled at her too.

“Yeobo, it’s a good idea!” His father exclaimed, his scary voice fully gone.


And the three continued the hyped conversation.

After hours, Taehyung decided to go back home. Sunhee is not home, maybe she’s still in the café. He just saw Taehee sitting on the couch, her arms crossed under her chest. He stared at her, examining her, until she noticed me. She sighed after seeing him.


“I thought you won’t come back.” She said in a worried tone. Taehyung walked and sat beside her, and she hugged him, not as tight as he had expected, but at least comforting. Taehyung smiled, thinking at how this girl fell in love with him. “What did your parents say?”

“The café is mine. Just that. And they’d help me with my future business too.”