Chapter 15

Before My Eyes

"Waaah, tonight must be really good!" Hangyun oppa jokingly said. It's Sonic’s anniversary today and I'm celebrating it with the rest of the staff, aside from Taehyung. He said he and Taehee have a date tonight.

 

"Of course, I'm with you." I jokingly replied and they responded as if I said something so cheesy.

 

"Because of that, let's drink!"

 

"Cheers~"

 

 

We drank and drank until I was left with Hangyun.

 

 

"Sunhee, do you want me to bring you home?"

 

"No. You have can go first if you want."

 

"But Sunhee..."

 

"I’m fine. Just go if you want."

 

"Okay. Call me if you're already home. Take care boss." He motioned a salute and he left me alone.

 

 

~-~-

 

Sunhee drank very hard and ignored the meat all around her. She don’t know why, or maybe she doesn’t want to accept the reason (that maybe she’s drinking because of Namjoon) of why she is drinking. When she’s too consumed, he suddenly called Daesung.

 

 

"Sunhee-ah. Why did you--"

 

"Yah! It’s Sonic’s anniversary. You didn't greet me!" She started nagging at Daesung.

 

"Sunhee. Are you drunk?"

 

"Nope." Sunhee smiled while replying, but Daesung didn’t say a word. A tensed silence went through his line. "Okay! Just a bit." She groggily motioned a pinch.

 

"Aish Lee Sunhee! Are you sure you're really a girl? Having that courage to drink alone? Aish really!" Daesung put his hand on his forehead and walked back and forth. His show in Japan ended a few minutes ago, and he is now in his cozy suite room, but the he can’t enjoy a hot bath because of Sunhee’s sudden call. He can’t just fly to Korea and leave everyone, and he hates it when he feels he’s stuck.

 

"Just go here if you want to bring me home." Sunhee said, and didn't hear what he said next, because she was already asleep.

 

~-~-

Seunghyun is already lying down on his bed when a call came. He looked at my phone and in one glance he already know it's from overseas. Maybe from producers. Maybe not. Nevertheless he answered it.

 

"Hello." It was Daesung's voice.

 

"What do you want?" Seunghyun asked after sighing. He knows Daesung wants something from him or else he wouldn't call all the way from Japan.

 

"It's Sunhee, hyung." He replied rather quickly. Upon hearing her name, Seunghyun already hesitated to extend a hand.

 

 

In his mind he can hear her again, saying she doesn't want to see him anymore. Seunghyun badly wants to do it, he could swear to it, but there's something he felt in Daesung's tone of urgency. So Seunghyun gave him a chance.

 

 

"What is it?"

 

"She's drunk right now but I obviously can't carry her. Aish, I told her not to drink too much when I'm not with her and then she did this now!"

 

"How many bottles?"

 

"What?"

 

"How many bottles did she drink?"

 

"She said she didn't drink much, but I don't believe her. Why would she call me if she's sober?" He sighed miserably then continued, "Hyung, please help her go home, eh?"

 

"Where is she?"

 

"I'll send you the image of her phone's location. She didn't even drunk at Minhee's. Aish that girl!"

 

"This will be the last time, Kang Daesung." Seunghyun warned.

 

"I know, I'm sorry." Daesung sighed again. "If I have the numbers of those people from her house, I would've not call you."

 

 

Seunghyun pondered many times if it is really for the good to fetch Sunhee there, but in the end he went. He was really surprised to find himself walking towards the bar that Daesung had sent him to retrieve Sunhee. She's already asleep on a table and a man is poking her when he came. I walked fast, not wanting her to be touched by another man.

 

She's Daesung's best friend for god's sake! He thought as his heart pounded fast.

 

 

"Hey." The man faced him when he spoke. From the looks of it, Seunghyun already know he's a jerk.

 

"What?" He replied but Seunghyun ignored him and continued walking to Sunhee. "Do you know her?" The man continued but Seunghyun looked at him when he said that, and maybe his look gave it away because the man smirked at him.

 

"Why do you care?" Seunghyun started walking again toward her, but the man stopped him.

 

"She's my customer, and I will take full responsibility if she gets harmed."

 

"She won't." Seunghyun said seriously. He can punch the man right now, but he stopped himself and just took Sunhee’s arm to his shoulder. Sunhee groaned and murmured something he didn't understand. Seunghyun then looked at the man and waited for him to complain, but his face kind of softened.

 

"Hey man, if you're going to do something to her, I could come with you --"

 

"Get lost." Seunghyun cut whatever the man is saying and dragged her away.

 

 

How could she drink in a dangerous place like that? If she's drinking, then at least drink with somebody she truly knows!

 

He let her sit on the stairs not really far away on that bar for him to rest too. And then he started complaining on how Sunhee should drink with somebody she fully trusts, and that she shouldn’t drink that hard if she is with no one. Even at night Hongdae is still alive, and Seunghyun is kind of thankful that this place is kind of crowdy that no one had seen him, worse with a drunk girl.

 

 

"Sunhee-ssi." He tried to wake her up when he already caught his breath. But she didn't respond to his first try.

 

Is she that drunk?

 

 

"Sunhee-ssi." He repeated, now tapping her cheek, but she just moaned. Seunghyun spoke just before she sleeps again. "Can I have your address? Or your phone?"

 

"Zjlanbeeeksnnmmshhhh~"

 

 

Seunghyun sighed helplessly. She's drunk to death and he thinks he needs to find her phone himself.

 

He found it on one of her pants' front pockets, and though he had a hard time balancing her to her seat while fishing her phone out, and though Seunghyun didn’t really want to admit it, he enjoyed her scent of coffee beans and cinnamon and alcohol that he forgot he was angry. His grim face softened, and his muscles started to relax. He knows he can't just see her anymore but somehow he wanted to.

 

Now that it crossed my mind, I'm now admitting that she amuses me from the beginning. Well, not really tonight. But still…

 

And then he caught himself. He shook his head and looked at his phone, creasing his brow.

 

Good thing that her phone is still alive, and so he had the chance to check it and call someone. The bad thing is, her phone has a passcode.

 

Seunghyun sighed. What should I do now?

 

Finally he decided to call Daesung using his phone, praying he's still awake. He didn't fail Seunghyun and answered the phone on the second ring.

 

 

"Oh, hyung." He said, kind of nervous. "Are you with Sunhee already? What, how is she?"

 

"Very drunk." Seunghyun sighed. "Her phone is locked. Do you know the passcode?”

 

“No.”

 

“Well, do you know where she lives?"

 

"I haven't visited her home yet."

 

Seunghyun sighed again, harder this time. "So where will I bring her?"

 

"Can you bring her to your house? Just for tonight?"

 

~-~-

 

"Aish why did I even call Daesung? I should've known he would not give me right solutions. Aish! And you Lee Sunhee-ssi, you must not drink too much ever again!"

 

 

Sunhee did all the horrible things outside his house, and that's somewhat a relief for Seunghyun. But then he have to drag her all the way to his spare room just for her to relax. He whined loudly while he took off her shoes, although he knows she can't hear him. If she did, he was sure she would not remember.

 

Seunghyun stopped when he saw her face being lit by the lamp. The shadows casted by its light made Sunhee-ssi's face adorable. She isn't the most beautiful lady in Korea — he must know because of all the ladies he worked with — but she's amusing. Especially in this light. "Your make-up is a mess and all but still..." I breathed hard before touching her smudged makeup. "Aish, why are you so beautiful?"

 

She pouted and moaned, and Seunghyun smiled at her while thinking if she can really hear him and currently making a snide remark. He just stared at her, his mind racking what it might be, but stopped.

 

But since he knows his sins aren’t payed yet, and since he really can’t, he retrieved his hand from her cheek and thought, I should not act like this.

 

"Good night, Sunhee-ssi." He said as he pushed a strand of Sunhee’s hair on the back of her ear. "This will be the last, I think." Seunghyun sighed, looked at her face for the last time before turning the lamp off.

 

Seunghyun then tried to stand up, but he felt her hand holding his arm. He concentrated so hard on trying to pull her hand off, but somehow it can't. As if Sunhee burrowed a lot of strength from alcohol, she pulled Seunghyun hard, so hard his balance went off, and his sight became blurred its like his eye glasses had fallen, and then suddenly, suddenly he just felt his lips on hers.

Her arms followed, wrapping them on the nape of his neck. She's kissing him.

 

Do you ever know the feeling of mixing guilt with another feeling? That’s what Seunghyun is feeling. It was almost overwhelming – having two different feelings at the same time. He is guilty that he did something bad to Sunhee, and so he decided to take her home to at least repay for what he did, but it’s not the only reason. It’s like for an unfathomable reason he was suddenly caring about her.

 

It was certainly a feeling out of guilt. He just suddenly wanted to save her from those bastards a while ago, make sure she’s safe and all. But it’s not guilt that’s working on him. It’s a different feeling he isn’t sure what kind.

 

And he doesn’t know why he reminded of that feeling from a while ago. He was sure it wasn’t what he was thinking. He’s sure he was thinking of going home after that incident. But right now he isn’t sure if that was just an excuse…

 

Enough. He thought and tried to take over his body. His mind must’ve succeeded in taking his lips off her, but it did not succeed of making his heart falter.

 

He watched Sunhee, wide-eyed and confused.

 

Man, he thought, it was unmanning.