Epilogue

Before My Eyes

 

One year later.

 

“We are still monitoring their progress. It is the first Korean coffee brand to be in US so we're really strict about everything...” Taehyung continued and I kept busy nodding and smiling at everything Taehyung says... as if he was the only one who stayed in US...

 

Though I can't blame him; I told him to get as much exposure and don't mind me. The thing is, I was planning to be like this: sit like a cactus and don't talk. Just smile. Everyone's watching.

Maybe we've been out of the country for a while, but for a while isn't really long to those who don't want to forget. Maybe that is one of the reasons why I didn’t tell everyone (aside my parents) I will be coming home. I told Taehyung to be quiet and keep the element of surprise, so even the people at the sharehouse discovered it today, when they saw us the first time after a year.

I didn’t even know that Hangyun oppa scheduled an interview for a magazine today. Taehyung excitedly said he would take over, so he deserves more exposure than me.

 

“But how's your relationship status, Lee Sunhee-ssi?” I suddenly looked from Taehyung to the host. She was smiling as if she asked nothing wrong.

“Uhm...” I began to stammer, maybe because I don't know how to answer.

 

So how was the one-year long distance relationship with Seunghyun?

It wasn't good. But it wasn't bad, either. We had our fights and make-ups over the phone. We had our 'how's your day?' and 'how's your meal?' over the phone, too. We still had the connection, okay, but it was hard when a person isn't with you. Every day I grew more and more afraid that one day the connection will just be gone. I'm just thankful that Seunghyun found a way to keep busy than just roaming around looking for girls, or else I would've grown miserable.

 

“From our resources, you and your boyfriend, Choi Seunghyun-ssi are still together.”

“Oh... Yeah.” I managed to say. “We're still together.”

“Is long distance relationship hard for you?” I suddenly creased my brows. Why is she asking too much about me and Seunghyun?

“It is hard for us.” I said, because in the end, I don't have a choice but to answer it.

“How hard is it?” She asked again.

 

I channeled all the feelings that I felt in the past year – sadness, confusion, anger, joy – and tried to compose a sentence that will make her understand how hard it is because clearly she doesn't understand or maybe she just lacks sympathy and—

 

“It is as hard as looking at the stars and wondering when you can touch it, but you know you can't. Ever.” The host's face suddenly crumpled into a frown as she stared behind me. Taehyung, maybe sensing something weird was happening on our back, turned around, but like the host he seemed to be shocked because he gasped an 'omo!' But I knew whose voice was that, so instead of confusion I felt there’s a lump trapped in my throat.

 

It was as if the whole world stopped when I did. I didn't hear anything or saw anything but the man in front of me. Seunghyu smiled, and because I missed his smile so much, I went nearer to see more of it. Forget the thought that I am being greedy. I ran to him and hugged him, so tight I am so sure I could break his ribs, but he didn't complain. He hugged me back, his arms light but warm, and I almost cried. I missed him so much.

 

“You’re being cheesy.” I commented as I nuzzled him. I missed his smell... even that bit of cigarette smell. He chuckeled, (I missed his chuckles too!) and I felt his warm breath on my neck.

“I am, am I?” Sheez, I miss his voice. His normal, live voice and not on-the-phone voice. “I missed you too, Sunhee-ssi, so much.”

 


 

Hi guys!

 

I know I promised I would finished this fic before TOP's enlistment, but I didn't, so I apologize.

A lot of things happened to me starting this year (yeah, like starting January), and I have to cope with my even busier schedule.

Hope you understand!

 

Anyway, I have my new fic, featuring our very own Park Jimin as the lead role. I will post a few chaps for you guys, but I will continue it after editing After The Vow and Before My Eyes. Hope you'll enjoy it like you enjoy my other fics!!

 

Thank you for suppoting me as always.

 

Love,

bunnyTOP 💋