Chapter 33

Before My Eyes

Last week, Taehee and Taehyung already reconciled and decided to be best friends. Also last week, I already told them that I and Seunghyun are dating. As expected, the boys seemed not to accept it, and decided they have to meet Seunghyun. Still they haven’t. It was only Taehyung who met Seunghyun a lot of times, and to return my favor, he’s the one urging the guys that Seunghyun is really a good guy and they will surely like him.

Today is the scheduled taping of Bigbang in my café. I know if the guys know this schedule, they will surely come to Sonic with full-combat on. Since Taehee is part of the production team, I asked her and Taehyung to keep this as a secret. Hopefully they will do as I asked.

Yesterday I told the crew that it will be fully closed today to make way for the shoot. I still have to be away that café up until noon (this is another reason why I’m nervous. If the guys decided to come to Sonic while I’m not there… there’ll be war, really). This is the first time I wanted to be out of Sonic, but I have to. Bigbang members (aside from Daesung oppa and Seunghyun) and the rest of the production crew must not know that I and Seunghyun are actually dating... especially Kwon Jiyong-ssi. Seunghyun said he can be very scary sometimes.

Yep. Bigbang members do not know yet. I know Seunghyun isn’t ready yet. And so am I. So I have to devise a plan and work on the division of work effectively without me. I walked back and forth, with my fingers tapping my chin, when the door opened. I stopped and saw Taehyung's head poking at the door.

 

“Yah, nuna, aren't you coming out?” He said and looked at me curiously. I sighed.

“I'm coming.” He just nodded and closed the door again. After a minute I went out too.

 

We walked to the café silently. When we arrived the others are already there. They formed a line when they saw me, and bowed in sync.

 

“Good morning, boss!” They said in chorus. I and Taehyung nearly laughed.

“It's like you've been practicing it.” I teased them once they're already looking at us, and they all proudly smiled.

“So, what's for today Sunhee?” Hangyun oppa asked. I looked at him.

“Well. We have to maximize the time and finish in thirty minutes. Hangyun oppa and Yul, fix everything in the kitchen, including the machines. We will especially need them after twelve, but still we will make something for the team. Minyoung, make sure everything's in order in the lobby. Arrange the seats accordingly, and later, answer the needs of the production team. Taehyung, receive them at once later and show them their space. Arrange your office and make it Bigbang's dressing room.”

“And you, Sunhee nuna?” Taehyung asked. I stared at him.

“I will make sure the orders will come tomorrow. I'll go to Yongin now.”

“Nuna, we can just call them, I'll help Hangyun hyung and Yul...”

“No Taehyung, do what I said. They can do it alone.” I said and left. I can almost hear Taehyung’s as I went out.

 

Well, what can I do? I have to be away from Seunghyun, or else they might discover we two are dating. I'm afraid of the whole world's reaction if they find out. I'm more afraid of what Bigbang  will do.

I sighed and walked to call a taxi. After some hours, I finished making sure that the orders will be delivered on time. When I looked at my watch, it's already past twelve. I sighed both in relief and sadness. The thing I dreaded never happened, and it's beyond relief, but then I missed Seunghyun. It would've been great if we meet in the café.

I sighed once more and jumped in the cab. I decided to go back to the café since I know they're already gone. I was contemplating if I should call Seunghyun or not, to explain what I meant when I decided not to see him there while he was so excited when he told me about it. I am sorry for what happened too, but I don't want to risk it.

I am already in front of Sonic when I realize I'm still thinking if I should call him or not. I went out of the cab and tried to look inside.

Strange... why is the place still empty?

I heard someone yelling nearby. I creased my brows and looked around.

I walked to the right side of the café where I'm very sure the voice came from. And I'm right. I saw the table and two chairs are set near the wall of the café, and there sat Seunghyun and girl wearing curvy dress that ended at her thighs. Seunghyun seemed elated, while looking at the lady.

I creased my brows more.

What the heck? Is Seunghyun already cheating on me?!

Seunghyun breathed heavily and reached for the girl. He cupped her cheek, and the girl supported his hand with hers. Seunghyun smiled, about to kiss the girl, and it's like I've lost my will to breathe.

Without second thought I walked to them, not hearing or seeing anything but them. I am so ready to pull the girl’s hair, to slap Seunghyun on his face…

 

“Cut! Yah, why are you standing in the shooting area?!” Someone had yelled. I looked at my right and saw a fat man, possibly the director, his face pink with annoyance. I saw Taehee's head poking just beside the director. I looked at Seunghyun, and he is standing already, his concerned eyes looking at me. I walked slowly, afraid that the director will get angrier, and breathed when the distance is already near. I bowed at him.

“Hello, I'm sorry I'm late.”

“You're not one of my team.” He said. I looked at him and realized what he meant.

“Ah, I'm from Sonic.” I smiled my sweet smile. “I'm—”

“Do I care? Stay away.”

 

The director went to barking orders at both the actors and the technical crew while I was left standing in front of him, my jaw hanging open. What did he just say?

 

“Hey, why are you still there? Do you want me call someone and take you out of my sight?” Say what?!

 

I was about to inform him that the person who he wanted to be 'out of his sight' is the owner and anytime I can kick them off my place (even if my boyfriend and my friends are one of them) when I saw Taehyung held my wrist and half-escorted, half-dragged me at the side.

 

“Don't do something foolish, nuna. That brat is their director.” He whispered. I looked at him and scoffed.

“Yeah, as I can see. But didn't he know that I'm the owner?”

“Well, that... He actually thought I am the owner since I was the one who received them. I tried to say it was you, but he shoved me off.” He shivered. “He's a total brat, I tell you. I pity Minyoung for being their host.” He shook his head while tsking. I sighed.

“If it isn't because of Taehee, Daesung oppa and Seunghyun-ssi, I wouldn't have agreed.” I my lips as my heart palpitated because of annoyance. Really, until when will that scene end?

 

After another take it is done. I just closed my eyes at the kissing part, but it looks like they didn't really kiss and the cameraman just took some angles so it will look like they kissed. I sighed in relief and about to head back inside when the director called me again.

 

“Hey, uh... What's your name again?” I'm about to answer when he waved his hand off. “Never mind. Can you just make us three Cappuccinos, two Americanos, uh… and I think six of those Macchiatos you served a while ago. Ask Bigbang what they like before you go in.”

“Excuse me?” I looked at him unbelievingly. He looked back impatiently.

“Can't you copy what I said? What, are you dumb or something?”

I was about to punch him on the nose when Minyoung saved me from the drama. “I'll get it. Three Cappuccinos, two Americanos, and six Hazelnut Macchiatos. Copied.” She smiled and looked at me like she wanted to say that I have to punch him for her, before going in. I sighed and bowed at the director before he can open his big mouth again.

“Hi, the director asked me if you like a drink.” I asked the maknae, Seungri-ssi, first because he's the nearest one. He looked at me and smiled.

“Oh, you're the girl who stepped at the range.” He then laughed like what I did was humorous. I just stared at him, and he decided to stop. He looked at me with awkwardness after. “Well, I like a strong one, if you have it.”

“The strongest?” He nodded. “Can you drink espresso?”

“Is that the strongest?”

“Yes.”

“I'll have it then.”

“Are you sure?” I asked. He just looked at me like he we wanted to laugh out of amusement again. He just nodded. “It's bad to drink too strong coffee when you're on a stressful day like this. Your stomach will turn upside down and you might spend the rest of the day in the bathroom.” I said matter-of-factly, and he shivered.

“The lightest, then.” He decided.

“Café latte it is.” I smiled and went to fetch other orders. I went to Taeyang-ssi next. He's talking to Taehee.

“Yah Sunhee, you should control your temper.” Taehee slapped my arm lightly as I stood next to her. Taeyang-ssi looked at us questioningly.

“You two know each other?” He then asked. She nodded.

“Youngbae-ssi, my roommate, Lee Sunhee. Sunhee, Dong Youngbae-ssi.” She introduced formally. I thanked her for not forgetting her promise that she will never tell anyone about me and Seunghyun.

“Hi.” I bowed slightly

“Hello,” he replied with a bow too. “I'd like Latte please.” He said and continued talking to Taehee. I looked at him with disbelief. Did he just look down at me?

“Latte, coming.” I said sarcastically and turned away. I'm supposed to be the boss!

“Yah, Sunhee!” Just before I walk, Taehee called my name again. What now?!

“Why?” I asked impatiently. Taeyang-ssi creased his brow. So now what? Is it wrong to snap at my roommate?

“Watch your attitude, lady. Sadly Han PD doesn't know you're the boss. And you're ruined once he knows it.”

“I want to see how ruined I can be.” I replied and walked away. I heard Taeyang-ssi's muffled voice asking if I'm really the owner or not. I wish Taehee said yes so they won't look down at me. I hate when people are underestimating me like this.

“What's the bad mood all about?” I heard Daesung oppa's voice once I'm away from them. I looked at my side, and he's walking with me.

“Nothing. Just childish thoughts.”

“I know what it is, anyway.” I looked at him in surprise. How did he know? “Of course, I'm you guy best friend.” He answered the question in my mind with a chuckle. I just shook my head and began to smile. Somehow it lifted my mood. “It's okay Sunhee-ah, at the end of the shoot we are planning to say to Han PD that you're the boss. Well, you have to look at his face carefully when it happens. But save him some dignity and don't laugh at his face.” Now I'm chuckling.

“Should I? After what he did?”

“He's older than you, after all.” He said and about to walk faster when he stopped and looked at me again. “What did the others order?”

“Latte.”

“Uhm. Good, I'll take it too.”

“Sure.” I said and went to look for Jiyong-ssi and Seunghyun.

 

I found them at the office-turned-dressing room, talking about something I didn't even understand. I knocked and they saw me. Seunghyun's face lit up a bit, but then I know he wanted to say sorry for everything. I gulped and mustered all my strength to speak business-like.

 

“Han PD wants to know what you want for a drink.” I said. The two looked at each other.

“Just make what the others ordered.” Jiyong-ssi replied. I smiled in return, nodded, glanced at Seunghyun and left the room at once.

 

I went to Minyoung next to inform the extra orders. I also asked to bring out the unsliced strawberry cheesecake. Minyoung nodded and went to mixing coffee and milk. I'm about to go back outside when she called me.

 

“Unni,”

“Yup?” I said and went beside her.

“That pig is a brat, you know?”

“I know. I wanna pinch his pink face, you know.” Minyoung giggled, and I smiled with her. “Can you do that alone?”

“Yep, I'm halfway now.”

“Do it quickly, or else the pig will whine again.”

 

We both laughed.

When I went out of the kitchen I saw Seunghyun standing by the door. I looked at him and he placed his finger on his lips, indicating for me to shut up. I nodded and he looked around. I looked around with him. When he's sure that no one's looking, he dragged me somewhere far the office.

 

“I'm so sorry Sunhee-ssi. What you saw—”

“It's fine now.” I replied and smiled. “I understand it.”

“I thought you were going to kill my partner a while ago. I was so scared you know!” He breathed dramatically while holding his chest. I laughed at his sight.

“I was just confused a while ago. You know, I thought you're kissing her for nothing!”

“The taping will last until the sun lasts.” He breathed. “Kim PD said we need the sun, so maybe we'll be taping until 4pm.” I nodded. “Are you okay now?”

“Yup, a little.” I pouted and looked at the ground. He cupped my cheek and softly tilted my head for me to see him.

“What's wrong?” He asked softly. I shook my head.

“I'm just wondering... if your members are looking down at me now, what more when they already find out about us?” I said in a low voice. His shoulders became lump. “Daesung oppa is the only one at my side.”

“Don't worry, Sunhee-ssi. This is happening now because they don't know who you really are. I mean, you're the owner! I'm sure they'll be proud with you in the future.”

“That's the point. They'll be proud because of my position, and not because I'm Sunhee. What if I really have a low-pay job? I'm sure they'll underestimate me until forever.”

 

Seunghyun heaved a heavy sigh again, and suddenly he hugged me. My face is contorted in his chest because of that, but I felt more comforted.

 

“Don't worry, I won't let them do it to you, ever again.” He said, and sighed again while hugging me. “We didn't have much time today, should we do something next time?” He continued, saying as a compensation for what the director did. I adjusted my head so I'm facing my left and nodded while smiling. I really can do this with him forever.

 

~-~-

 

The taping ended just as Seunghyun said, 4 pm. The whole team went packing, and Ham, I mean Han PD thanked Taehyung for his 'wonderful' cooperation. He also made sure that his hand lingered on Taehyung's hand a little longer.

Oooohhh. That's why Taehee said I'm ruined once that pig finds out I'm the real owner. Does he like Taehyung? I'm gonna sell him to a butcher if it's really true.

We arranged the chairs and tables once they left and decided to call it a day. I'm already waiting for Taehyung outside when I saw a shadow leaning at the wall of the café. I looked at it, and saw a smiling man, his back leaning perfectly at the edge of the wall. It was y, yet comical at the same time. I'm thinking he almost imagined that he's in a photoshoot!

 

“Hey, lady.” He smiled. I forced my lips to smile back.

“Hello, Seungri-ssi.”

“I forgot to ask what your name is.” He asked coolly, and I suppress a laughter. I breathed before letting my lips go again.

“Lee Sunhee.” I bowed slightly.

“Oh, we have the same surname! I was thinking if it could be destiny.” He smirked. I looked somewhere just to save my eyes from the view. “Well, uh...” His voice grew louder, and before I knew, he is already in front of me.

“Yes?”

“Can I have your number?”

“Nuna!” I looked back and saw Taehyung standing at the stony stairs. I smiled at him.

“Coming!” I called back and faced Seungri-ssi. “Sorry, my brother's calling me.” And then I ran to Taehyung, barely holding my laughter.