Chapter 39

Before My Eyes

It's the last day of Jiyong and Hyunhee's date. Hyunhee promised to introduce the owner of Sonic to Jiyong, and it’s like she wasn’t joking. At first, Jiyong was shocked. He remembered the café and he knew that the supposed-to-be owner was a man, and Jiyong definitely wasn’t gay but when Hyunhee told him that the owner is in fact, a woman, Jiyong felt he was already done.

On the better days he would’ve say yes, but this isn’t one of his good days. He felt trapped and suffocated because of Hyunhee. He doesn’t know what he was feeling. He is a very confident man, but when he’s with Hyunhee he felt different – like she knows a way for him to feel incomplete… or maybe he was really incomplete and Hyunhee is one of the reasons why, whatever.

He wanted to know the reason why he was feeling that way. That’s why he wanted to tell Hyunhee to extend their three-week date. Today, though, Hyunhee’s in the mood of playing with him, but the hell he cares. He doesn’t want to meet other girls, period.

 

“Forget it, Hyunhee-ssi.” He said as he waved his hand. “I'm not excited to meet her... I don't want to meet her at all, anyway.”

“I swear she's sweet.” Hyunhee almost scoffed. Sunhee is sweet? Your descriptions must be weird, Jung Hyunhee, she had thought as she looked at Jiyong's reaction. But the man didn't budge.

“I don't care.”

“You'll like her.”

“Oh, I won't.” Jiyong said airily. Hyunhee-ssi must stop this nonsense, he thought. The owner might think a date is possible with him once they are introduced!

 

Plus, Jiyong thought their dates were flawless, but why would this lady go introducing him to someone else now? Shouldn’t she be keeping Jiyong by now, since well, he can tell that he had been a good boy doing all Hyunhee’s wishes – or ehem, commands – without a single nag? He teases her once in while though – Jiyong wanted to curl into a ball after thinking so, but isn’t cutesy teasing part of a relationship? Besides, it was kind of fun since Hyunhee was showing everything she feels – annoyance, embarrassment, loneliness, joy, whatever… and he allows Hyunhee to have her revenge… well, by making him do whatever she wanted. Maybe aside from what she’s asking today.

 

“There she is!” Hyunhee said excitedly, but Jiyong rolled his eyes and tried to stop this nonsense.

“Jung Hyun―” “Lee Sunhee!” They both called, but Jiyong stopped midway when he heard the name Hyunhee called.

 

And then he saw the girl that almost, or is still ruining Bigbang.

Sunhee's eyes got big when he saw Jiyong sitting across Hyunhee. She thought their dates were cut ages ago, but then here they are, meeting again.

And Hyunhee said the man she dates now is a respectable one!

 

“Oh. Looks like you know each other already.” Hyunhee said quietly, sensing the weird feeling the two have for each other. Sunhee snapped out of shock and looked at Hyunhee.

“Yeah, we've met.”

“That woman is Seunghyun hyung's girlfriend.” Jiyong added, and Sunhee sighed. At least he respects her position in Seunghyun's life.

“The one you told me?” Hyunhee asked, and then leaned closer to Jiyong to say another word. “The ?”

 

She smiled once she's done. is the right description for Sunhee. She's not a '' who 'steals one's boyfriend for pleasure', but she's a on many other ways, like her.

But on the side note, she was thinking Sunhee has a lot to tell.

 

“Not the entirely.” Jiyong whispered back, kind of alarmed. Though on the back of his mind his already screaming, THEY'RE FRIENDS!

“Okay, I'll let that pass.” He sighed when Hyunhee didn't try to . “Yah, Sunhee-ah...” But when she looked at Sunhee's direction, she was gone.

 

~-~-

 

I walked out since they are now getting eerily sweet, whispering to each other like that. I can't believe they are at the whispering level now!

 

“Nuna, you okay?” Taehyung asked me, and I just nodded.

“Looks like you saw a ghost.” He murmured.

“Almost like that.” I guess I'm still pale from seeing Jiyong-ssi here again. And not only him, he's still dating Hyunhee!

 

Don't tell me he's against me and Seunghyun when in fact he dates someone 'from another world' too? I bet Seunghyun wouldn't let that pass.

After what looks like an hour I saw Hyunhee walking out of the café.

 

“I'm sorry about a while ago. I know you know what I was up to. If I just know that you and Seunghyun-ssi...” Hyunhee glared at me, and I just sighed.

“I know, I'll tell you sometime, okay?”

“Sure, call me anytime.” She winked before leaving.

 

Though I'm not really sure what she's talking about back there...

When she's gone Jiyong-ssi went to the counter, his face much brighter than before.

 

“Sunhee-ssi, can we talk?” He asked, and even if he’s smiling timidly, I’m sensing that I don't have any choice, so I just nodded before pulling the apron off me.

“What is it?” I asked when were out of the Sonic.

 

Yes we went out to talk, since he doesn't want others to hear us. Right now we are in his car, a black-matted I-don't-know-the-brand car. He was sitting by the stirring wheel, and I beside him. This was the closest we've been, and though he is kinder now his stares, thoughnot for me, still sends chills down my spine, I have to concentrate and fight the urge to put my hands on my face and run away.

 

“You blended well with your crew.” He started as he looked in front. I smiled even though my insides wanted to run away from him.

“I'm not as expensive-looking as you guys expect Seunghyun to be his girlfriend, isn't it?” He did not reply. Instead he asked another question.

“But why are you there? What if... our fans find out you're back? They'll kill you.”

 

I am about to scoff and say 'Your fans aren't murderers' but then I held it back.

 

Instead I said, “Where else should I be? This is the only peaceful place for me.” He didn't reply and the silence stayed for seconds until I figured I needed to ask something. “Can I ask you a question?”

“Sure.”

“Are you and Hyunhee dating?” He just grinned. I figured it was like a wolf's.

“It's called having fun. Not as serious as you and Seunghyun hyung.”

 

Now he directly said that I am Seunghyun's girlfriend and that our relationship is serious. I don't know what kind of person I am to this man, but still I'm glad that he respects the kind of relationship I and Seunghyun have.

 

“Thank you,” I murmured without even thinking, “for approving of our ―” but it was cut when I caught his full attention. Now he looked at me, and our eyes met. I held my breath.

“I didn't say I approve of it.”

 

I exhaled, and suddenly I felt like something is stuck in my chest. I can't barely breathe again, and the only thing I can do is stare at my knitted fingers.

 

“But I recognize it.” I looked at him again, kind of surprised that he continued, but he is already staring at the windshield again, smiling. “I'll still do anything for the two of you to break up if it's not late. But it already is. And besides, hyung is happy to be with you and will do anything to be with you, so how could I stop him?”

 

I didn’t reply. I know what he means when Seunghyun is trying to do everything for me, and I’m trying to do the same. But every time I always come into the conclusion that Seunghyun is, in fact, doing much more for me than I for him.

 

~-~-

[Author's note: Cuss words and (slightly) M parts ahead. Stop from here if you can't/don't want to read (slightly) matured contents.]

 

I and Taehyung went home with a much lighter mood. When we entered the house, everyone was dressed and loitering at the living area, as if they were planning to go somewhere at this night.

 

“Where are you going?” I asked and they all looked at me and Taehyung. Taehee was the one who answered.

“Yoongi oppa’s rap concert, did you forget?”

 

Oh, right.

 

“I don’t think I can…”

“Ey~” They said in chorus. I thought I would fall in surprise. “You’re such a party pooper.” Jimin continued, but I just rolled my eyes on him. He went to Yohee and told her what I did while shaking her arms.

“What will you do now that needed skipping oppa’s concert?” Yohee said annoyingly (I don’t know to who, Jimin or me), taking her arm from Jimin and crossing them to her chest.

“Accounting, I guess.” I replied, and I’m amazed at my voice because it was so calm (normally when Yohee and Taehee are being sarcastic, I would too). The others noticed it, but before they can comment Jin oppa began pushing them out, including Taehyung, to the door.

“It’s business guys, Yoongi would surely understand.” He said as Taehyung help him to push them out. “Sunhee, we’ll buy you takeouts!”

 

I was left alone at our sharehouse so I changed into pajamas and stayed in the girl’s room. After some hours, I heard the doorbell rang. I air in, equally curious and nervous of the person outside.

What if that person’s another Bigbang’s fan who hates me?

Seriously, I doubt that they will hurt me so much, and I doubt that they know the house too, but I have to keep myself as safe as possible. Even if the news a week ago was good, there are still persons who are eager to break me and Seunghyun apart.

But what if the family’s back? It’s been hours since they went out, so maybe they’re here now. I’m also hungry and they said they’ll bring takeouts for me.

I couldn’t be sure until I see who is ringing the bell, so I just breathed and slowly went downstairs. Since the house is an old one (not really old; it came from Yoongi oppa’s parents) with no security system in it, (as if people living inside are not important), so I have no choice but to look outside.

When I open the gate, I saw Seunghyun standing there, grinning like crazy as ever. But then after darting his gaze down, his stare changed as well as his expression. He stared at me, which stopped my heart from beating.

Did I do something wrong? It looks like it from his action, but I don’t know what I did exactly, so I stared at him with confusion.

He started having sharp intakes of breath as I waited him to tell me what’s wrong. But something unexpected happened.

He carried me with my limbs on both his arms.

 

“Wh-what are you doing?” I asked, surprised by his sudden action. He didn’t answer and just walked as fast as he can, following the cobbled path towards our main door. I flung both my arms around his neck when I’m so sure I’m about to fall, and he momentarily stopped and closed his eyes. “What’s wrong?” I asked again and he didn’t answer. He opened his eyes and exhaled before giving me a weird look.

 

It’s a look I’ve never seen from him. It is as if his eyes are ready to release fire anytime.

I decided not to ask further questions. He then brought me down when we reached the door, but didn’t let my hand go. He opened the door and dragged me inside.

Now that we’re both silent I can hear my heart pounding against my chest. And I’m afraid that he’ll hear it, so I silently scolded my heart. It should go back to normal right now.

It’s just that, it’s so hard to breathe. I’m forgetting how to breathe when he looks at me like that, with his eyebrows creasing and his eyes on fire, his lips slightly parted and his breathing shallow… it’s crazy. But still I tried to calm my nerves.

But I failed.

After weirdly staring at me for some seconds, Seunghyun pulled me into a kiss. Frankly, I’m well-supplied if Seunghyun’s kisses, but now is different.

It is as if his kiss is filled with both love and lust. It started soft, maybe testing himself, but as seconds passed it became more passionate. I held his shoulders and bent my back while I tried to search for all the reason that left me, but he didn’t let me have second thoughts and held my back to support me, kind of deepening our kiss, and it made me crazier, and so I crawled my hands onto his shoulder to his neck until they are locked on Seunghyun’s nape. His touch sent shivers down my spine, and from that second I am absolutely unaware of where we were. All I can feel is his lips into mine, savoring every minute of its warm feeling.

He then drew back and stared at me wildly, panting. The dim lights of the living room went back like magic. I am panting too but tried to stare at him, wanting to ask what was going on, when he kissed me again. I tried not to laugh while his lips are on mine. It’s that, I was so frustrated on what he is doing that it felt so comical.

He held me at my lower back and starting to walk, visibly leading me somewhere. It was achingly slow that I have to take larger steps backward for him to follow (because I know he can’t cut the kiss… naughty me), until the back of my knees touched the edge of something, and as if my whole body is made of jelly, I slumped down, my lips finally leaving his and my legs occupying the rest of the space.

Seunghyun sat beside my hip and started to work again. My lips were already aching but he didn’t stop the torture. His kiss went deeper, his tongue wanting to explore the rest.

It was beyond sanity, this feeling. My head was devoid of all thoughts, but my heart was about to explode. And so I let him in.

He started to work inside my mouth, his tongue teasing mine to follow him. It was a shy attempt at first, considering he’s more experienced than me, but I grew braver. I even pulled his head for me to kiss him deeper, but he let go and started kissing my jawline. I was too busy panting that I didn’t realize his lips were already nipping the sensitive part of my neck. My eyes shot more tightly than ever, allowing myself to be drown in the pleasure of this bliss.

 

“Hmm~” A low moan escaped my throat.

“.” My eyes flew open when I heard a word. I saw Seunghyun already sitting on the far end of the sofa. “ it, what did I just do?”

I looked at him with confusion, and then I called him, “Seunghyun-ssi?” My voice came like almost like a whisper, but he heard it. He looked at me with large, surprised eyes.

 

I almost gushed. One time he’s a passionate man, and then the other he’s like a little boy.

 

“I'm so sorry, Sunhee.” He muttered. I sat up and crawled beside him. He cupped my face with his right hand and looked at me like he is completely ashamed of what he did. “Are you okay?” I nodded. “Damn it, why did I lost control? Just because—” He then had this weird look again as if he's scanning my body and cursed again. “Fck, Sunhee. Don't go walking around without a bra.”

I looked at him with disbelief. “What?” I asked, and then suddenly it hit me. The blood in my face drained. I forgot that I changed to pajamas and did not leave my bras where it’s supposed to be (as I do every night). I started looking at my chest when Seunghyun cursed again.

“Sh*t Sunhee, can you stop doing it? Just put your garment on.” He brushed his head with his fingers like he's really on his state of misery. I looked at him.

“What's the problem?” He looked at me and sighed.

“Don't do that again.”

“What 'that'?” I asked. He sighed once more.

“Tempting me.” He clicked his tongue. “You're killing me.”

“I didn't tempt you!” I exclaimed. “You're the one who walked inside and suddenly kissed me!” He's the one who tempted me, so I won't go receiving his accusations!

“You're the one who walked out with no bra.” He replied, and I was tempted to check it again. He frowned. “Are you really walking everywhere―”

“Not everywhere!”

“Anywhere in here without your protection?”

“No! It's just that I didn't remember...” I confessed. It’s because I’m on my room the whole night that I didn’t remember putting it when I went down... “Okay, I'm going to put it on.”

 

His ragged breathing filled the room as I ran to my room and change. I closed the door and leaned on it as I remember what we did a while ago.

 

“It was...” great. So damn great that I only imagined him doing it with me. I can't think of another guy who would fit my body. And weirdly, I can't think of another guy who would draw back after hearing a moan. I closed my eyes and shook my head. You have to stop now, Sunhee, I told myself and began rummaging for more acceptable shirt (and don't forget the bra).

 

When I went down, I saw him at the kitchen while cooking something. I stared at his y back as he busily stirred something in a casserole. I was amazed on how I see his features (excluding face) more closely.

 

“Oh, you're there.” He said and I abruptly blinked before looking into his face. “Yah, Lee Sunhee.”

“What?” I asked, and he looked at me suspiciously.

“It was just a kiss. I won't plan of doing more than that today.” I pouted.

 

So what does he mean by that? It's not like I'm asking for it!

 

“Don't pout.” He is now near me and he kissed my forehead and dragged me to our table.

“What're you cooking?” I forced myself to change the subject for us not to feel awkward.

“Ramyun.” He said. “It's the only food you've got here.”

“I and Yoongi oppa cannot find a time to shop. We're both busy.” I replied as he placed the casserole in front of me. He went for bowls, chopsticks and spoons next.

“Where are they, anyways?”

“Rap concert.” I replied. He nodded, knowing fully what I meant. “Why did you suddenly came here? You didn't even call me.”

“I've got something to tell you, actually.” He sat beside me and opened the lid of the casserole. The thick smell of noodles went out, and I realized I didn’t eat any dinner (because I believed when Jin oppa said they would buy me takeouts) “I wanted it to be a surprise, so I didn't call you.” He continued as we sank our chopsticks to get the noodles in it. Even if it's only ramyun, you will know the person who cooked it is really good.

 “So, what is it?”

“Jiyong... Our Jiyongie... He was apologizing to you.” I looked at him with confusion. What did Jiyong-ssi did?

“What for?”

“For trying to break us.” He proudly looked at me, and I chuckled seconds after.

“Really?” I asked. He apologized? He could’ve done it a while ago though…

“Yup.” His face became serious now. “But damn, he made sure he says yes days before our world tour… and after knowing you’d go to New York.” His brow creased, giving a sterner face.

 

I bit my lip. I know going to New York for a year would be the longest time Seunghyun would wait for me, but he never complained. He even never said I should stay. All I can see are silent protests, like now.

Still, Sonic has always been my priority even before I met him. I know I will be sad if I leave him, but I can’t just leave Sonice behind. But since I don't want to sink Seunghyun into more disappointment, I looked at him and smiled.

 

“It's okay, at least he already said yes.” He looked at me, and after a second he smiled his boyish smile, and nodded.

“Yes, you're right.”