Chapter 13

Before My Eyes

It was just yesterday when Daesung oppa has introduced Seunghyun-ssi to me, and now he came back. I tried to smile when he approached though I know it looked awkward, but he just look at me seriously.

 

 

"Can we talk?" He asked. I looked at him, thinking if I should just talk to him or not (because it's like he's got this big problem and he's about to tell me that. All I need now is a problem-free mind, really), but then his voice sounded more urgent this time: "Just for a while." He continued, and so I had no choice but to follow him.

 

 

We went out of the cafe. When he stopped and turned to me, his face looked more composed than a while ago.

 

 

"What is it?" I asked rather politely. He stared at me.

 

"What are you saying to Daesung?" He asked almost acidly, and now I knew what that stare means. It's like he's staring into a garbage. And I hate it. "Yah, you think you have a great friend now that you asked him to introduce me to you? You thought that because Daesung is in Bigbang, you can get the rest of us too?" He said in sudden outburst, and here I am, possibly looking like a joke. Well, I didn't even know what he's saying.

 

"I didn't..."

 

"You can't." He paused and looked at me straight in the eye. We know very well that this will be the last time we will meet, his eyes clearly states that. "You can't use Daesung anymore." He breathed. "And if it's just money..."

 

 

"Seunghyun-ssi." I tried to stop him.

 

"I can give –"

 

"I know what you're thinking, but to tell you, I'm not interested in you, or any of the members you have. And I think I also won't in the future. Just thinking the way you acted today, it's so wrong I don't even want to see your face anymore." I paused, breathing, and looked at him more pointedly this time. "And if it's just money, I think I don't need any of it, coming from you." I bowed and smiled sweetly at him before turning my back. Sometimes my sweet smiles are more lethal ones, and I didn't care if I give it to a beggar or a superstar.

 

 

I just can't believe that he'd said it! Me? Just wanting to be their girlfriend, and just wanting Daesung oppa's money? Did he even heard the story on how we met? It's not like he met me on a lower place something! And, by the way, his money?! Oh my God, he really doesn't know what he's saying, isn't he?

 

I breathed hard several times before going back inside the cafe, knowing my bad mood should be left outside. Taehyung smiled when he saw me, and surprisingly went to his usual station after I went beside him and wore my apron. He didn't even say a word… which I find really suspicious since he's not that kind of guy.

 

Did he hear us?

 

Well I didn't really care. It won't be a secret anyway since everyone in the house knows me better than I know myself. Before I knew it, I forgot Seunghyun-ssi's words and Taehyung's smile and the day passed in a blur. We closed the cafe at 10, and said good bye to each other for the last time. I thought the day just ended there and I would just go home to sleep but Seunghyun-ssi showed up again.

 

 

"Ah... excuse me." He said and I looked at him. At one second my anger rose up again.

 

"What is it?" I tried to blink so he can't see it. There's just a feeling that the first one who gets angry here will lose.

 

"Wait." Taehyung took a sudden step between us. "You're face looks familiar..." He put his hand on his chin as if thinking hard on something, and when I showed my impatient expression, he suddenly exclaimed. "Aha! I saw you on the poster above Taehee nuna's bed!" He then nudged me, "Yah Sunhee nuna, you sure it's not you who likes them? I mean, it's like I've seen each one of them with you."

 

I looked at Taehyung as he have his innocent look and then to Seunghyun-ssi who's having a doubting one. Once I saw him looking at Taehyung like weighing if the statement is to be believed, I started to panic. I don’t even know why – I just do.

 

 

"Yah, Kim Taehyung–"

 

"I get it, I'll wait there." He smiled before running away. I just looked at him, annoyed and somewhat relieved. Then I looked at Seunghyun-ssi. "What now?"

 

"You act like a gangster." He scowled. I raised my eyebrow and put my hands on my waist.

 

"And you a brat." Maybe unable to guess that I'd say that, he chuckled. "You could apologize now." I continued. I don’t know why I even assumed he would apologize.

 

 

And I don’t know why I have many I-don’t-know-whys today.

 

 

"I want to treat you a dinner."

 

"I just want you saying a 'sorry'. Or maybe it's now a new way of saying sorry?"

 

"For me, yes."

 

"Well for others, no." I walked away, but before I can really leave I realized something. So I turned and looked at him again. "You said I just befriended Daesung oppa to have a shot on you, or your money, or whatever. Well, what you asked of me just now looked like the irony of what you said hours ago." He looked taken aback, and feeling that I won the argument, I smirked before leaving.

 

 

I am starting to hate him, really.

 

~-~-

 

Seunghyun didn’t know what to react.

 

First, he thought the girl who walked away from him just now is Daesung’s girlfriend. But then when he is sure she is, Daesung starts nagging him to date someone he knows. It turns out Daesung just want him to date that girl (or maybe, Daesung just wanted him to be friends with her so he can be the bridge because Daesung is so scared to confess to her himself? Either way Seunghyun doesn’t want the idea of being acquainted with that girl). And then he thought that girl forced Daesung to introduce her to him so their love story (sarcasm here) will start right away. Then when he showed his angry side (not that it happens a lot of times) to Sunhee, she got angrier and didn’t seek for compromise, like what he had thought she would do. And then he tried to allure her with words like dinner or date or something like that, she got angrier with him, unlike what he had thought (well he thought she would have stars in her eyes and clasped hands on her chest and an overall excited expression).

 

Seunghyun didn’t think it would turn out like this. He thought that since Sunhee likes to meet him, she would try to be sweet and charming, like what the other girls are doing when they wanted to be close to them. But now he isn’t that sure if that girl really wanted to have a relationship with him.

 

Seunghyun’s heart swelled. Relationship? He didn’t even think of having a relationship with any girl, it meant any form of relationship, with him. But now…

 

He shook his head in annoyance. This is all Daesung’s fault, he thought. Making me think this sht about her.

 

He tried to focus again. The thing that Kim Taehyung had said. Taehyung said he saw his face in a poster above another girl’s bed. Does it mean Sunhee don’t feel even a bit of liking for Bigbang? Not even for Daesung?

 

 

“Sht.” Seunghyun cursed under his breath. He knew he did something wrong. But then he thinks he can’t apologize to her, ever again, and it’s bugging him big time. And so he called Daesung before revving his motorcycle.

 

“Hyung, what is it?” His sleepy voice welcomed Seunghyun, but he must be a little annoyed that he didn’t notice it.

 

“Kang Daesung, do you know anything about that Lee Sunhee? I thought she’s your friend!”

 

“Yeah, she’s my girl best friend.” Seunghyun rolled his eyes upon hearing the words again. “And anyway, what’s the problem?”

 

 

And so Seunghyun told everything, including the money and the poster and other things they fought with.

 

 

“Ahh, that’s right hyung. Bigbang is not really Sunhee’s type you see, I met her not because she approached me, but because I helped her when she was drunk, and we met again by co-incidence in her café.”

 

“In her café?”

 

“Did I mention you that she’s the owner of Sonic? It’s awesome in the inside, right?” Seunghyun can’t speak. She’s the owner?

 

 

He breathed many times.

 

This is so wrong.