Chapter Nine

A School Love Affair
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: HELLOOO~~~ EVERYBODYYYY~~~ So, I know this update came later than usual but I think this will become a frequent occurence. Uni had just started so I'll be getting more busy and have less time in the day to write but I will try my best to get you guys new chapters ASAP. Well, now that that's out of the way, ENJOY :) 

 

 

Chapter Nine

 

 

Chaeyoung generally didn’t mind being the youngest but sometimes when it came to club activities, it bothered her a lot. The problem wasn’t waking up extra early for practice to set up the oval and tracks, but it was the fact that after the deadly morning training session she still needed to pack everything up. She was pretty sure there were other people in her grade that were younger than her but the seniors never seemed to have noticed.

 

“Finally…” she huffed as she placed the last equipment into the sports’ storage room. She took a deep breath and headed out, locking the door behind her. Before, she never really bothered with morning training but she started to attend regularly to avoid any chances of bumping into Dahyun on her way to school. It’s been working so far.

 

Chaeyoung waltzed her way through the corridors of her grade, wanting to take a nap before too many people arrived and before class started. It was quite refreshing to be at school early in the morning when there were hardly any people and it was just quiet. The only other time Chaeyoung could feel this atmosphere was when the after school training sessions were done. The only difference was that one had the sun rising and the other had the sun setting.

 

Soon, Chaeyoung’s mind began to plan out her break times between classes. Though, it didn’t need much thinking because she simply concluded to the idea of napping between every class. Peacefully, she continued her walk to her class until a familiar tune echoed through the corridor. She looked ahead to see one of the music rooms’ doors ajar. Slowly she made her way to see who was inside playing the piano.

 

“Dahyun?” she whispered to herself as she peeked through the window. She should’ve known. This wasn’t the first time she had heard Dahyun playing the piano. The first time they talked to each other was in a music class. The teacher was away that day so it became a self-study period – where not much studying happened – and Dahyun was just messing around on the piano. Chaeyoung swore Dahyun could play at least twenty or so pieces from the top of her head. It was amazing.

 

By now, Chaeyoung had completely forgotten about her grand plan of avoiding Dahyun. She carefully entered the room and quietly made her way towards Dahyun from behind. She didn’t want to interrupt the song so she made sure to keep a little distance in order to not get noticed. There was so much grace behind each note that Chaeyoung soon found herself mesmerized by the sight of Dahyun playing the piano. But that was cut off as the song stopped abruptly.

 

“Did you plan on avoiding me forever?” Dahyun asked.

 

Chaeyoung snapped out of her daze, “I…”

 

“This is where you first talked to me,” Dahyun continued, “We both liked music so we got along straightaway.”

 

Chaeyoung nodded, “Yeah…”

 

Dahyun turned around on the piano bench and smiled at Chaeyoung who was standing a good two meters or so away from her, “Didn’t you say you wanted to try rapping while I played the piano?”

 

“That was a dumb idea” Chaeyoung smiled back. She didn’t realize how much she had missed talking to Dahyun until now.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

Dahyun turned back around, “Want me to teach you?”

 

Chaeyoung walked towards Dahyun and stood behind her, “Teach me?”

 

“Yeah, you said you wanted to know how to play an instrument” Dahyun explained.

 

Chaeyoung smiled again, she remembered. “I did,” she said softly.

 

“Sit down” Dahyun said quietly as she scooted to the side a bit to make space for Chaeyoung, “I’ll teach you.”

 

Chaeyoung sat beside Dahyun and stared at the keys, “We’re kind of close” she commented, noticing how their thighs and shoulders were touching.

 

Dahyun smiled and took Chaeyoung’s hand, placing it on the keys of the piano. “I want to play a duet with you” she said, ignoring Chaeyoung’s previous comment.

 

“Oh…”

 

“I’ll teach you the upper register since that’s where you’re sitting” Dahyun explained as she leaned in closer towards Chaeyoung, “You start on the D.”

 

Chaeyoung nodded and placed one of her fingers on the D, she still couldn’t get used to how close they were. She turned her head towards Dahyun only to find the girl’s face basically resting on her shoulder. She gulped, “Dahyun-ah…”

 

Dahyun looked away from the piano to look at Chaeyoung, “Yeah?”

 

“I really think we’re too close.”

 

“You don't like it?”

 

“I mean… what I feel and what you feel are different” Chaeyoung tried to explain without bringing up what had happened.

 

“What do you feel?” Dahyun asked.

 

Chaeyoung eyes wandered down to the girl’s lips; “I feel like kissing you,” she breathed out.

 

Dahyun smiled as she looked away, “Have you always been this direct?”

 

“No… I just started” Chaeyoung replied softly and looked away too, “I thought maybe if I become more direct, you might actually look at me for once.”

 

 

~

 

 

Nayeon scrolled through her phone as she waited for everyone else to arrive from class. The usual ritual of getting bread with Tzuyu had stopped, as Tzuyu recently insisted that she’d get it alone. Now, because of that Nayeon would usually be the first person to arrive to the lunch table. She wouldn’t start eating until the others arrive, especially Momo since she was in charge of the food – they’d normally end up eating whatever Momo had planned, Momo’s menu was final. The school cafeteria’s rival wasn’t the school convenience store or

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter