Chapter Ten

A School Love Affair
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hello~~~ I'm here to give you guys an update! Yaaaaay \(^o^)/ Enjoy~~~

 

 

 

Chapter Ten

 

 

“Have you talked to Dahyun yet?” Jungyeon asked the popular dongsaeng of hers. Nayeon had said that she’d most likely get along with Chaeyoung, and it seems Nayeon was spot on. After talking to the younger girl once, they hit it off like they’ve known each other forever. The other would say that it was only because their sense of humor miraculously matched up.

 

Chaeyoung nodded once, “I guess.”

 

Jungyeon flashed a big grin and nudged the younger girl, “Took you long enough.”

 

“It was just a bit awkward before…” Chaeyoung whispered. It wasn’t like she didn’t want to talk to Dahyun all this time; she just couldn’t find a casual way to approach the girl without having awkwardness engulf them. “It’s just the timing” Chaeyoung wrapped up for Jungyeon.

 

“Right…” Jungyeon nodded, “Timing…”

 

“What?” Chaeyoung said, noticing the tone in the older girl’s voice. Clearly, Jungyeon wasn’t too convinced by her reasoning.

 

“Well, it doesn’t matter now. It’s good that you managed to talk to her, it’s all about communicating when it comes to human relations after all” Jungyeon looked around the student ‘hang-out’ area of their school and smiled, “I wonder how many people here are dating or interested in someone.”

 

Chaeyoung looked around too, “Why are you all sentimental?” she smiled nevertheless, knowing that Jungyeon was in quite the happy situation. “You must be happy to be dating Nayeon” she commented as she watched the students around them chat, study or just nap.

 

Jungyeon pressed her lips together and exhaled, “Nayeon never knew herself very well.”

 

“What?” Chaeyoung glanced over, “I guess it’ll be fine if you know her well though.”

 

“Yeah, I guess” Jungyeon jumped up from the comfortable couch provided by the school, “It’ll turn out okay if I know her well.”

 

Chaeyoung stood up and looked at the older girl, a little confused, “Did you eat something strange today?”

 

“Oh…” Jungyeon gasped, “You’re starting to speak like Tzuyu.”

 

The younger girl gave a hollow laugh, “Tzuyu? I don't think so. She can be savage.”

 

Jungyeon nodded, “She is… poor Jihyo…Tzuyu is just too boss even for a future school president candidate.”

 

Chaeyoung laughed at the comment, “I wonder if Jihyo would want Tzuyu to help with the campaign.”

 

“Oh no… disastrous.”

 

“Yeah, I bet.”

 

Jungyeon swung her arm around Chaeyoung and pulled her closer, “So… are you and Dahyun friends now then?” She was interested and didn’t care coming off as nosy with Chaeyoung.

 

“We’ve always been friends.”

 

“Don’t you think it’s hard?” Jungyeon asked, “Being friends with someone you like?”

 

It wasn’t for a hundred percent, but Chaeyoung had a slight feeling that the question wasn’t completely directed at her. Of course, it was to some extent because everyone knew that Dahyun has a little crush on Momo but no one really knew anything about the latter’s feelings towards Chaeyoung. Dahyun was one of those people; she only shared so much of herself with others.

 

“Yeah?” Chaeyoung didn’t mean for it to come out sounding like a question. It only came out like that because Jungyeon should already know her answer and wouldn’t have needed to ask to begin with. Jungyeon was like that; she didn’t waste time asking things she knew. “Why are you asking me?” she decided to see if she could dig around.

 

“Just wanted to know” Jungyeon shrugged off, “Nayeon is going to a karaoke party with one of her sunbaes.”

 

It was a sudden announcement but Chaeyoung went along, “Oh…”

 

“She’s going to get drunk. For sure.”

 

Chaeyoung nodded, “She does seem like someone who knows how to have a good time.”

 

Jungyeon smiled, “She’s going to need someone to pick her up even though she’ll deny the fact when I tell her later.”

 

By this point, Chaeyoung was absolutely in a state of confusion. Why was Jungyeon giving a rundown of how she’s going to make sure Nayeon doesn’t try going home drunk on her own? Sure, Nayeon had a direct connection to both of them but Chaeyoung didn’t care too much as long as Jungyeon made sure the girl will get home safe tonight. All Jungyeon kept doing was emphasizing the fact that Nayeon will probably drink and get tipsy. But, Chaeyoung didn’t see a big problem in that. Lots of students do that nowadays.

 

“Oh...” Chaeyoung whispered as a thought hit her, “Do you think Nayeon is going to flirt around? Are you worried about that or something?”

 

Jungyeon shook her head, “She only flirts with people she likes.”

 

“Then it’ll be fine” Chaeyoung said, “She only likes you.”

 

“Funny” Jungyeon let out a little sigh, “I don’t think so.”

 

“You’ve only just started dating, she can’t jump ships that fast” Chaeyoung reasoned.

 

Jungyeon nodded, “Exactly. She’s more loyal than she looks.”

 

“Then you don’t need to worry.”

 

Jungyeon shrugged, “Yeah… but you know, it won’t be jumping ships if she didn’t like me from the very beginning.”

 

 

~

 

 

No one knew how it ended up like this and why it ended up like this, but they all knew one thing for sure: it was the worst timing for things to end up like this. Mina sighed, as the atmosphere around her got heavy. If only she could go take a breather but it was hard, considering it was a study hall period with the seniors and signing out for a break of some sort was just a hassle.

 

“You look tired, did you sleep properly last night?” Sana asked with an expression of concern.

 

“I told you not to stay up too much” Momo added from the other side with the same amount of concern.

 

This wasn’t supposed to be a tight situation to begin with. Mina never wanted it to feel this way. She would imagine the three of them chatting about their memories back in Japan, adjusting to their new lives in Korea and what they wanted to do in the future. But, those thoughts all flew out the window the moment she realized that she wasn’t in the most favorable position.

 

“You can go home if you want” Sana continued, “You can just sign out sick.”

 

“Yeah” Momo agreed, “There’s no need to push yourself.”

 

Of course they would misunderstand that sigh. Mina couldn’t deny that she was becoming a little tired but it was for complete different reasons. It had nothing to do with lack of sleep, clu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter