Chapter Twelve

A School Love Affair
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Yes, I know it has been a while but I am finally here with an update. It just seems assignements never stop coming and it messed up my schedule for fics XD. I'll try my best to update a little faster from now on but I can't promise anything :(

AND I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT, for all DubChaeng/ChaeDa lovers out there or anyone really, I have a collab going on with Alecchi right now: Coda-Clasm (here's the link). I really hope you guys will go check it out if you haven't already, we had so much fun coming up with the ideas and writing up what we have so far~

Okay, now that the long note is out of the way. Enjoy this chapter :)

 

 

Chapter Twelve

 

 

Jihyo looked at the lunch table she had joined quite a while ago and, miraculously, everyone had shown up today despite their recent ups and downs in life. Honestly, Jihyo wasn’t sure if god had laid a hand to bring this group of nine together this one time or if people simply gathered because they knew Jihyo had stuff to say to them all.

 

“So… guys…” Jihyo began. She had important news to tell them and even if she had wanted to delay the news, it seemed a lot better to just tell them now because who knew how long it’d take for them to all be at the same place again. Everyone, who had previously been doing their own things all turned heads to look at the one person who seemed to always have her life together.

 

“What?” Momo spoke first, “I don’t want my food to go cold so spill it.”

 

Jihyo sighed, “All you care about is the food. Why do you even bother wanting to know?”

 

Momo shrugged, “It seemed like it’d be something worth hearing.”

 

“Okay,” Jihyo settled and decided to tell them now, “I’ve decided to run for school president.”

 

There was silence. Jihyo was sure they were all thrilled to hear the news because they all believed that there was no way she could ever lose the election, meaning they would have a friend in a position of authority. Momo swallowed her food down quickly before making the first comment, “Can you change the school canteen menu? I have a few samples in my computer, I’ll send them to you any time.”

 

“Wait” Mina interrupted, “Can you make school start later? Or, you can just make a rule where tardiness doesn’t apply on me.”

 

“I think you should do something about the bread line,” Tzuyu simply suggested amidst the passion going on with Momo and Mina.

 

“What? Why?” Nayeon asked looking over at Tzuyu, “There’s only so much bread and our school is huge, I don’t think the line would ever get fixed.”

 

“Maybe we could just have a certain amount of people line up, and then cut the line off when it reaches the limit,” Tzuyu argued, “We could even use order forms, that way we don’t even need a line.”

 

Nayeon furrowed her eyebrows, “But the line was how we got to know each other.”

 

Tzuyu looked back confused, “Why are you making it personal? Yeah we got to know each other from lining up, but it doesn’t mean I like the act of lining up everyday.”

 

“Why do you two sound like you’re having a couple fight?” Jungyeon intercepted, overhearing the conversation between Nayeon and Tzuyu who were sitting beside her (Nayeon in between Jungyeon and Tzuyu).

 

“Yah, since you guys were talking about bread. I think we should have more custard bread,” Momo said, “Don’t you think so too Jihyo?”

 

Jihyo never anticipated for everything to turn it a big mess so fast. Sometimes she’d wonder why they decided to hang out together. What made them think that they were actually a functional group of people when put together? But every time Jihyo thought about it she would then wonder, what would’ve life been like for each of them if they hadn’t met each other. Then, she’d think she’d rather go through all this mess and tidy it up every once in a while than being without them. They were worth the effort. Her life had never been so eventful and filled with so many emotions until she had met them.

 

“Okay, the custard bread situation, I can probably do something about” Jihyo actually bothered taking in all of their suggestions and assessing the possibility of it happening. While that was going on, her brain was also processing all the tangled relations going on within the group. It was hard to ignore.

 

She knew there was tension between Jungyeon, Nayeon and Tzuyu right now – considering how Nayeon suddenly became a little clingier towards the youngest. Tzuyu seemed to shrug it off because Jungyeon was around most of the time and she didn’t want any misunderstandings to happen. But, Jihyo just had to bring herself to acknowledge the fact that clearly Nayeon felt something for Tzuyu and Jungyeon knew a lot more than people would think.

 

“I’ll consider your opinion about the bread line as well Tzuyu” Jihyo said, “Orders don't seem like such a bad idea.”

 

Nayeon pouted at this statement, “Don’t encourage her. If you take away the line, how will friendships like ours blossom? You’ll be restricting so many potential friendships with this decision.”

 

Tzuyu laughed, “Unnie… why are you taking it so seriously? It’s just a line. We could’ve met elsewhere if it wasn’t at the bread line.”

 

“How do you know?” Nayeon shot back.

 

“I would’ve made sure to talk to you” Tzuyu replied casually, forgetting Jungyeon was there and not even bothering with how Jungyeon would’ve taken her statement. It just flew by her mind in that moment.

 

Nayeon felt comforted for some reason, “Really?”

 

Tzuyu bounced back and glanced over at Jungyeon who seemed not so pleased with where the conversation was headed, so decided to joke it off. “Of course, I would love to brag to my friends saying that I can communicate with a bunny” and of course that earned her a shove from the older girl. But Nayeon was smiling nevertheless, so Tzuyu didn’t have to worry about a moody Nayeon anymore.

 

Maybe it was all part of Tzuyu’s imagination but Nayeon had been acting as if the hug had never happened – which borderline nearly became a confession – and Tzuyu was relieved for that but she couldn’t help but notice that after that day Nayeon had become a lot more “affectionate”. Tzuyu wasn’t sure if she should just play along and pretend there was nothing wrong with it – because let’s be honest, Tzuyu liked the attention – but it was hard to do when Jungyeon would pop into her head every time Nayeon did something just a little bit questionable.

 

“So, anyone else got any ideas?” Jihyo asked. Of course, there was still obvious tension between certain people on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter