Chapter One

A School Love Affair
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Yes, an on-going is happening... Hope you guys will enjoy it :)

 

 

Chapter One

 

 

Im Nayeon was the typical South Korean high school student. It was her third year and her last. Everyone around her was cracking down on their studies, researching universities and hoping that everything will be okay after they graduate. Hope that they live up to their parent’s expectation, friends’ expectations and teachers’ expectations. It was the most stressful period for any high school student but Nayeon wasn’t so sure how to feel. She felt like just going along with the mainstream reaction and be stressed out, but it didn’t really work out.

 

Honestly, most people around her would say she had it good. Her grades were above average, she was pretty, she had a good family, and lots of friends. Even so, it was hard for her because she had no idea what she wanted to do after high school. What was the point of having the grades she had, and the looks she had if she didn’t know what to do with it all? She was never any good at math or science, so that helped her with filling in her form regarding her future for the teacher-student consultation period.

 

“Nayeon-ah” a voice called.

 

Nayeon snapped out of her daydream and turned to her classmate with a smile. She won’t be able to see them after this year, was the first thought to pop into her head.

 

“It’s your turn for the consultation.”

 

“Oh,” Nayeon stood up, “Okay.” She flashed the classmate another smile before exiting the classroom to go to the reserved rooms teachers had set up especially for these consultation. After walking passed a few of the other class’ consultation rooms, she finally found her class’. She carefully opened the door and saw her homeroom teacher sitting at the table smiling at her. Nayeon smiled back and bowed as she closed the door behind her. She took the empty seat across the teacher’s and waited.

 

The teacher pulled out Nayeon’s form from a folder and scanned it before beginning the session, “So… you want to go into the arts stream?”

 

Nayeon nodded, “I’m not very good at math” she stated softly.

 

“I see” the teacher nodded, “Do you have a specific course you want to study? Or an occupation you’re aiming for?”

 

Nayeon paused to think. Should she lie or be truthful? Should she get held in for longer to get a lecture about her future or should she just say whatever to please the teacher for now? She opted for the option to lie. “I’ve been thinking about education related careers” she replied convincingly.

 

“Are you interested in teaching?” the teacher asked a bit surprised.

 

“Yes, that is an option I would gladly consider” she could tell the teacher didn’t expect what was coming out of mouth, but the only reason she thought of any of these was because the person sitting in front of her was a teacher and the place she was at was an educational institution. If they were in an art gallery, she would’ve a hundred percent said that her aspiration was a painter or sculptor.

 

The teacher was pleased with the answer, “Being a teacher isn’t easy though Nayeon-ah.”

 

“I know” Nayeon said.

 

The rest of the session was the usual for anyone with a ‘dream.’ A rundown of the different ways to achieve the goal was explained and so were the difficulties. Then, grades were discussed and which universities were appropriate.

 

“Thank you, can you call Jungyeon please?”

 

Nayeon nodded as she stood up. She gave a bow before leaving. It was relaxing as always and it was a good way to not have class. It is said to be self-study but it was optional whether the students actually studied or not.

 

Nayeon walked up to her friend who seemed to be napping, “Hey” she said as she flicked the girl’s cheek to wake her up.

 

“Yah, what?”

 

“You. Consultation.”

 

Yoo Jungyeon sighed and stood up reluctantly, “How many of these do we need?”

 

“I don’t know” Nayeon shrugged, “Probably more coming.”

 

Jungyeon frowned, “They’re so annoying though.”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“That for you then.”

 

Jungyeon shot her good friend a glare before giving Nayeon’s head a playful shove, “Well I’m going then.”

 

Nayeon smiled and nodded, “Go.”

 

Jungyeon gave Nayeon’s head a ruffle before finally leaving. Nayeon shook her head, “Ah… why does she always need to mess up my hair?” she hissed under breath as she fixed her hair before making her way back to her seat. At that moment, a certain blonde who sat behind her caught her attention.

 

“Yah Momo, you made to school alive this time?” she asked giving the blonde’s desk a light kick at the leg.

 

“Oh, yeah” Hirai Momo smiled, “Took me a few near death experiences though.”

 

Nayeon sighed, “Just wake up earlier and eat less for breakfast.”

 

Momo gasped, “You offend me Nayeon.”

 

“Yeah, yeah” Nayeon waved the friend off, “You and your food.”

 

“Food gives me life. Literally.”

 

“Yeah, it gives me life too” Nayeon deadpanned.  

 

Momo furrowed her eyebrows, “It does?” This has to be the most expressive this blonde has ever been.

 

Nayeon looked at Momo for a few seconds in silence before realizing it was a legitimate question, “Of course it does idiot.”

 

Momo just nodd

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter