Chapter Fifteen

A School Love Affair
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: [MIA REPORT] I am so sorry for disappearing for like a million years but this sem was a mess and a bunch of things happened and I just never got around to writing or even reading this whole time. BUT, I have sorted it all out now so hopefully I will be back to the ordinary updates :) YAY. Thank you so much for your patience and I hope you will all enjoy this chapter like the rest~ 

 

 

 

Chapter Fifteen

 

 

Momo sat in the school’s main garden, spacing out. She wasn’t sure whether she was really thinking about anything or not but it didn’t bother her either way. All she wanted was some space to relax. She just wanted to rest. It had been a tiring week despite having done hardly anything – the teachers were, still, hunting her down for a month’s worth of overdue homework. Why is she so tired recently?

 

“Why aren't you at lunch with the others?”

 

A familiar voice interrupted Momo’s empty thoughts as she turned around to see Jeongyeon; “I didn’t really feel like it today. Why aren’t you?” 

 

Jeongyeon shrugged, “Same.”

 

Momo simply nodded at the response before staring back at the flowers before her and returning to her own little world. What she had previously recognized as empty thoughts slowly trailed into things she had preferably forgotten, like the day she had lost her first big dance competition and despite everyone saying that being a runner-up is already really good she still hated it. Or the time she had prepared for her family to come visit her in Korea but things didn’t go as planned and they told her that they were sorry they couldn’t make it anymore. Or the time she finally felt like there was someone she felt something towards but the feelings were wasted since the beginning.

 

“I’m sure Mina would still want to be friends with you” Jeongyeon said amidst the silence.

 

“Yeah, and I’m sure Nayeon would too” Momo replied.

 

Jeongyeon gave a dry laugh, “I’m not avoiding her.”

 

“Yeah and I’m not avoiding Mina” Momo commented with laughter, “Did you know?”

 

“Know what?”

 

“That it wasn’t you.”

 

Jeongyeon nodded, “Yeah… I knew.”

 

Momo smiled. She found it funny how they both knew that it would never happen, that it would never be them. Yet, they still clung onto that nearly non-existent string. They both knew that the string would either disappear or slip out of the grasp and eventually they’d fall and hurt themselves. But they still thought that maybe, just maybe, they could still make it. Who were they kidding? They could never.

 

Jeongyeon looked over at Momo, who had a surprisingly peaceful expression. “You’re not hungry?” she asked, half jokingly because she wanted to change topics and also half not because Momo is renowned for having a big appetite and Jeongyeon was a little curious as to whether the friend was hungry or not.

 

Momo shook her head, “Not really.”

 

“You’re hard to read sometimes, you know that?” Jeongyeon commented.

 

“Really?” Momo cocked her head to the side, “I reckon I’m quite easy to read. People just never think to bother reading me.”

 

Jeongyeon smiled, “Why are you making the atmosphere so sad?”

 

“Aren’t we both sad people?” Momo smiled at Jeongyeon, “It’s okay to be sad sometimes.”

 

 

~

 

 

“I’m bored…” Chaeyoung deadpanned as she laid her head on the desk. She rolled herself over and stared at the girl who had been ignoring her for the past hour. “Unnie, play with me” she said for the hundredth time.

 

“I’m busy.”

 

Chaeyoung scoffed. Trust Jihyo to be busy writing some stupid speech she doesn’t even need to write for the election. “You do best when you improvise. Why bother?” the younger one said.

 

Jihyo heaved a sigh and looked at the first year that resembles more of an annoying baby more than anything else right now. “What happened to your club practice?” Jihyo asked, hoping to get Chaeyoung out of the room so that she can prepare her speech in peace.

 

“What?” Chaeyoung sat up, “You mean for the athletics club? Nah, I can’t be bothered anymore.”

 

Jihyo looked at the younger one knowingly, “Oh you can’t be bothered now that you don’t need to distract yourself from Dahyun anymore?”

 

Chaeyoung’s face heated up immediately at the comment, “N-no.”

 

“Why can’t you learn from Dahyun? She still goes to music club activities everyday.” Jihyo scolded, “This is why you’re bored right now. If you went to your club activities, would you be bored? No, because you would be occupied with something.”

 

“Fine” Chaeyoung stood up, “I’ll find someone else to play with me.” She walked over to the door and left without turning back. But the moment she closed the door behind her, she panicked. Who was she going to find to play with her? She should’ve thought about it before committing to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter