Chapter Three

A School Love Affair
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hello... it's me... and here is... chapter three :) ENJOY~ and thanks for all the comments guys ^^

 

 

Chapter Three

 

 

Mina’s eyes shot open, something wasn’t right. This particular morning felt way too comfortable for her liking. She reached out for her smartphone and checked the time and date. Immediately her body shot out of bed as she rushed to the bathroom. She scrolled through her contacts as she prepared to brush he teeth with one hand. Mina stopped scrolling once the name she was looking for passed.

 

Park Jihyo.

 

“Hey, Jihyo-yah” Mina spoke straightaway as she heard the call getting through.

 

“What?”

 

“I’m going to be late, can you cover me?” Mina could hear Jihyo scoff on the other side of the line.

 

“You got some nerve the call your class president for it.”

 

Mina smiled, “Come on friend.”

 

“Fine, I got it.”

 

Jihyo had hung up and Mina started to get ready at full speed after having some reassurance. Prestigious schools were never very tolerant of tardiness, or anything really. She had only been late once before and the consequences were such hell that she had feared been late ever again but it seems not every decision goes accordingly in life. Without Jihyo she wouldn’t know what to do with her life sometimes.

 

Mina left without eating breakfast because there clearly wasn’t enough time for that. She dashed out of her little apartment, which she had rented herself (also with the help of her parents too) and ran to the bus stop. If her calculations were right, she’d probably still make it for roll call and also before her name gets called, but sneaking into the classroom was the part she was worrying over. Well, she called Jihyo so she should be able to make it in without meeting the wrath of her homeroom teacher.

 

The bus came on time, as expected of the public transport system of Seoul. Mina hopped on and swiped her travel card. There were two seats free but Mina didn’t see the necessity in taking a seat so decided to stand instead. The trip from her apartment to the school wasn’t far anyway, so it really wasn’t a problem in her opinion.

 

Mina felt a vibration in her blazer pocket, so fetched out her phone to see a message from Sana. She smiled as she read its contents.

 

Hey, why are you late? Are you okay?

 

Just as she was about to reply, she saw that the bus had reached her destination. She shoved her phone back into her pocket as she hurried off and ran towards the school gates. Obviously, the gates were closed but she forgot that there was always a teacher who stayed out to catch the late students. Mina heaved a sigh, “Are you serious?” She took an abrupt U-turn and headed towards the lowest part of the walls that surrounded the school – the part she could actually climb over if she tried hard enough.

 

She’s not normally the type to climb walls but today was an exception. Her life depended on it. She needed to climb the wall or else she won’t see the light of day. And, so she did. She first chucked her bag over because otherwise it’d get in the way. Mina scanned the wall and what was behind for a few seconds to visualize her movements.

 

Mina wasn’t sure why, but she became awfully confident and viewed herself as a ninja. She jumped to reach for the top of the wall and started to pull herself up, as well as push herself up by pushing off the wall with her feet. After what felt like a few minutes of struggling, Mina finally was able to get on top of the wall. She sat down and looked down to see where she should jump. It wasn’t a hard decision to make. She chose to jump onto the concrete because landing on sticks had never seemed very pleasant to her. Time was running out so she jumped immediately after the decision was made. Her balance wavered as she fell forward on her hands. She sighed with relief that she didn’t land flat on her face. Today was her lucky day. Mina got up and grabbed her bag before sprinting to her classroom. She swore she broke a world record today.

 

“I made it” Mina whispered to herself as she stopped in front of her classroom’s back entrance to catch her breath. She tippy toed to see what was happening in class at the moment. “Oh no…” she said her thought aloud. She was too late. Class had started. Mina changed her mind and went to the front entrance of the classroom. There was no point sneaking in anymore. The roll had already been taken. She was already filed as absent today.

 

Mina slid the door open and bowed, “Sorry for being late sir.”

 

It was their history teacher. The tall man turned and shook his head, “You’re the last person I’d expect to be late.”

 

“It won’t happen again.”

 

“Good, go out into the corridor and raise your arms,” he said as she took out a folder, “I’ll sort out the roll and get your detention and other punishment sorted the next break. So, come to the teacher’s lounge at lunch to see me okay?”

 

“Yes sir” Mina bowed again as she made it to her desk to put down her bag before going out into the corridor. She glanced over at Sana who had been looking at her with a worried expression. It was probably because she didn’t answer the text. Mina flashed the friend a smile before leaving the room. Through the window, she saw Jihyo giving her nod from inside the classroom. Mina smiled. It seems like Jihyo had it all under control.

 

Mina turned away and raised her arms.

 

 

~

 

 

Chaeyoung had taken a step out of the classroom and when she said she would, Dahyun gave her the most horrified expression. Normally, Tzuyu would go out and get them drinks and snacks but Chaeyoung was never sure how that system came about. But, Chaeyoung needed to drop by the toilet and get a drink for herself because she had forgotten to tell Tzuyu she wanted one today. Dahyun was always quite expressive, so her reaction was kind of expected, but the girl had her quiet moments too.

 

“Maybe I’ll just go get it at a vending machine” Chaeyoung suggested to herself. The scho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter