Chapter Sixteen

A School Love Affair
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: ........ Hi guys, I'm back. 

First, I'm sorry for the long disappearance :(

Second, it's not exactly the best chapter but I'm hoping to get back into the groove of things (and sorry if there are a lot mistakes, I didn't get around to editing it yet). Hope you guys like this chapter~

 

 

 

Chapter Sixteen

 

 

It was dumb. Momo would never go to an internet café but here she was on this fine afternoon, curled up in the corner of a dimly lit internet café. Why did she come? Momo wouldn’t even be able to answer that. Maybe it was her Wi-Fi at home being moody and preventing her from enjoying her new addiction: online games. How did she get addicted? Momo couldn’t say either. Nothing is her life was making sense but she went with it anyway.

 

“Unnie… I didn’t know you come to internet cafés…”

 

Momo just waved the voice away, “I thought I’d try something new” but then within a second after finishing her phrase the rapid clicking of her mouse stopped. She turned around and saw the reason why she had suddenly started coming to internet cafés. Mina. Momo had secretly hoped to bump into Mina at an internet café just to see how she was doing – because she was doing such a superb job avoiding the younger girl at school.

 

“Have you been coming to school lately?” Mina asked slowly.

 

Momo didn’t reply straightaway. She couldn’t. It had felt like ages since she had last seen Mina that it was making everything just so much more difficult to do. “Uh… yeah I have” she breathed out.

 

“It’s so hard to see you nowadays…” Mina began, “Are you really busy with studying?” she was treading on ice and didn’t want anything to even have the slightest crack. She had forgotten how to act around Momo and can’t even say whether they’re friends anymore. She really hoped that they still were. It was different now that Momo wasn’t around at the lunch table anymore. It wasn’t just Momo, but Mina felt that she could say something to Momo at least. Like she had some sort of control over the situation.

 

“You should come by and have lunch with us occasionally…” Mina said softly.

 

Momo hated this. She had thought this what she wanted; to bump into Mina and have a conversation. Maybe things would be different now that they hadn’t talked for so long. But, nothing changed. Momo still liked her. “I-I don’t know… If I have time, I guess…” she replied just as softly. 

 

Mina nodded, “Oh okay. Sure, you don’t have to if you’re busy…”

 

“It’s not that” Momo wanted to explain, “It’s just…”

 

“Because of me?” Mina decided to finish the sentence for her. It was obvious. Everyone knew it, but no one spoke about it. Mina wanted to just clear everything up. She wanted to talk to each other about it properly. But then, Momo suddenly went MIA and everything crumbled. Momo couldn’t even look her in the eye.

 

“No… it’s not you” Momo said, “It’s me. I’m the one who can’t get over you and doesn’t want to face you. I don’t want you to finally get fed up with my childishness and confront me because I wouldn’t know what to say. I don’t want to admit that I don’t want to be friends anymore because it’d be too hard for me, but I know I can’t make you like me back either. I thought I wanted to be alone but honestly I miss you.” It was refreshing getting that all out of her system, “I just don’t know what to do anymore.”

 

Mina really wished that she could do something but she knew it was out of her power to do anything. Momo was right. She couldn’t like her back, and that it would be hard for them to not be friends anymore but it’d be just as hard to stay as friends.

 

“It’s okay… let’s just think about it. There’s no rush” Mina wanted to comfort Momo, but that was just as hard considering how delicate their situation was right now.

 

“Yeah…” Momo smiled, “Thanks.”

 

Mina shook her head, “No… I’m sorry.”

 

“Don’t be, it’s not your fault. We’ll figure it out.”

 

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

 

This was a serious situation. Nayeon was sure she had been dropping hints everywhere, heck she even broke up with Jeongyeon but why wasn’t Tzuyu budging? This was a whole new level of stress the girl had been exposed to. She had never struggled this much to get a confession from someone. Maybe she misinterp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter