Chapter Eight

A School Love Affair
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hello my friends, I am here to drop off an update :) Hope you all enjoy~

 

 

 

Chapter Eight

 

 

Nayeon hadn’t been concentrating in class lately but it didn’t seem to be a problem yet because her grades were still fine. Her mind would wander off every now and then, only to return to class for a time check. There was still a while left, she sighed and rested her chin on her hand. Maybe staring out the window would help. It normally helps her pass time.

 

“Nayeon-ah…” a voice whispered from the side.

 

Nayeon turned around slowly, weary of the teacher. She rose her eyebrows at the girl who sat next to her, “What is it?” she whispered back.

 

“Jungyeon wanted me to pass this to you” the girl explained quietly, taking glances at the teacher every few seconds.

 

What, Nayeon thought as she took the little slip of folded paper. Why would Jungyeon pass her a note in this day and age? She could just wait until class was over too. Nayeon just shrugged and opened the paper carefully and read the contents.

 

Let's talk after class. I have something to tell you.

 

Nayeon nodded. Not like she had anything planned anyway, and Jungyeon would always be around her no matter what. It still confused her that Jungyeon passed a note but she didn’t dwell on it too much. Maybe the note symbolized the seriousness of the topic, or maybe childishness. Nayeon told herself not to dwell on it but her mind betrayed her and that’s how she spent the rest of class: figuring out why Jungyeon decided to pass a note when there was clearly no need.

 

The bell was what brought her back to class, but it was too late for any learning. She stretched a bit and looked to Jungyeon who simply stood up and walked out of the classroom, not even looking back at Nayeon. Nayeon tilted her head to one side wondering why Jungyeon did that. Sure, ever since their conversation on the weekend, they weren’t as open to each other but they’ve been playing it cool pretty well. Nayeon stood up and followed the friend out. She saw Jungyeon standing by on of the big windows.

 

Nayeon walked up next to Jungyeon, “You wanted to talk?”

 

Jungyeon turned and looked at Nayeon with a smile, “Yep.”

 

“What is it?” Nayeon asked looking back at Jungyeon.

 

“Remember what I asked you last time?” Jungyeon asked, diving right into the core of the matter.

 

Nayeon nodded slowly; a tiny bit afraid of the topic they were walking into. “Yeah…” she replied just as slowly.

 

Jungyeon sensed the slight hint of discomfort through Nayeon’s body language but she decided to ignore the other’s uneasiness. “Well… forget about it” Jungyeon said.

 

Nayeon was a little shocked at the casual statement, “What?”

 

“Forget about it” Jungyeon repeated.

 

“I…” Nayeon was going to say something but the words disappeared, “I mean…”

 

Jungyeon laughed, “Nayeon-ah it’s fine. Just forget it. I have a better idea.”

 

“A better idea?” What idea? Nayeon wasn’t sure what Jungyeon was thinking, but has she ever? No, not really.

 

Jungyeon turned her whole body to face Nayeon and made Nayeon do the same as she placed her hands on the friend’s shoulders, “But let’s go back to that day for a second.”

 

“Okay…” Nayeon nodded.

 

“When I asked you” Jungyeon began, “You said no, right?”

 

Nayeon nodded, “Yeah I did” even though she knew it wasn’t exactly the most truthful answer.

 

“Were you being honest?” Jungyeon asked, even though she knew that Nayeon wasn’t being the most truthful either. But it didn’t matter at this point because if she didn’t try now, it’d be too late to try ever again.

 

Nayeon couldn’t answer straightaway because she knew she wasn’t honest. But, she decided to live this lie for now, “Yes.” Well, she does love Jungyeon though… she was pretty sure. Then, why does it always feel so uncomfortable these days? It had never been this way before. 

 

“A hundred percent?”

 

Nayeon nodded, as she decided to ignore her feelings of discomfort, “Yes.”

 

Jungyeon smiled, “Don’t back down on your word, Nayeon-ah.”

 

“I won’t” Nayeon replied, confused as to what Jungyeon was getting at.

 

“Are you sure?”

 

Nayeon nodded, “Yes.” All this questioning was becoming a little annoying, “What is it?”

 

Jungyeon took her hands off Nayeon’s shoulders and took a deep breath in, “Nayeon-ah…”

 

Nayeon waited, anticipating. What was that great idea of Jungyeon’s?

 

“Let’s date” Jungyeon said.

 

 

~

 

 

Dahyun felt an urgent need to talk to Chaeyoung, but the girl would avoid her whenever possible. Ever since the situation that blew up in the cafeteria, Chaeyoung hadn’t been replying her texts or answering her calls. Chaeyoung would just immerse herself with her track and field club practices and activities. She’d head off the oval during lunch break, after school and before school. They could hardly see each other unless it was during class, and even then Chaeyoung wouldn’t look at Dahyun.

 

It became more and more normal for Dahyun to go to the oval and just sit on the side to watch Chaeyoung from afar, contemplating whether to really go up to the girl or not. A part of her was way too scared and another part of her just wasn’t sure what their relationship was anymore to go up to the girl. Dahyun couldn’t help but sigh every time she would think about Chaeyoung.

 

“Ah… is our little Dahyunnie worried?”

 

Dahyun turned at the voice, “Momo unnie?” she asked surprised as she watched Momo sit beside her. This was the last person she wanted to see at this moment in her life.

 

Momo smiled at the shy Dahyun, “No need to be embarrassed or anything” she said, “I’m flattered that you had a crush on me and it’s cute.” Momo paused and l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter