Chapter Thirteen

A School Love Affair
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: After so long I have returned with an update! I'm really sorry for taking so long, I hope you guys won't hate me too much for it XD. I apologise beforehand if there are any errors because I never got around to editing (which will probably happen a lot more often now >_<). But, anyway here's Chapter Thirteen, thank you for being so patient with me and ENJOY ^_^

 

 

Chapter Thirteen

 

 

Today was the first day of Momo’s one-on-one gaming lesson with Mina and she was excited, somewhat, to be able to share this time with the younger girl but she also wasn’t so thrilled because of how intense Mina could get with games. Momo was ready to make a fool out of herself. She was born ready for this.

 

Momo arrived at the computer room Mina had booked for them and peeked in seeing that Mina had already arrived. She opened the door slowly and made her way to where Mina had been sitting, “Hey.”

 

Mina turned around with a smile, “Oh unnie. I thought you’d be late.”

 

“Yah… who do you think I am?” Momo sat down beside the girl and gave Mina a cheeky grin; “I would never be late to spend time with you.”

 

Mina threw Momo a disgusted expression, “Unnie. Stop, it doesn’t suit you.”

 

“Okay, agreed” Momo laughed.

 

“Let’s play Elsword” Mina said, clearly very excited to be in front of a computer right now. “I love playing games in this weather” Mina said noting the rain outside.

 

Momo glanced over and wondered if Mina was here to teach or to just play, “Sure.”

 

“The game is pretty straightforward so I’m sure you’ll be fine” Mina clicked open the program and waited for it to load, “Do you want to play with my account for now or open your own?”

 

“I’ll open my own,” Momo said. She watched as Mina helped her open an account, asking questions every now and then and giving Momo the keyboard for typing her password and stuff. Everything went smoothly and surprisingly Momo only needed to change her username twice – it seems like not many people online likes “jokbal”.

 

“What class do you want?”

 

Momo shrugged, “I’ll just take Knight” it was the often deemed a “classic” class that for some reason people avoid in her friend circle. But, she couldn’t be bothered reading up on all the classes and Knight is always a class, so she decided to just go with it and figure it all out later.

 

Just like Mina had said, the game was relatively easy and Momo had gotten a firm grasp of it in no time – minus some certain details but it didn’t effect her play much so it didn’t matter to her. Mina later on decided to play some herself on another computer because Momo seemed to have gotten the general idea and was having fun herself. It was a pretty relaxed afternoon as the two slowly became immersed in the game.

 

“Hey…” Momo broke the silence, “What do I do here?”

 

Mina looked away from her screen and rolled her chair over to Momo. She reached out her hand to Momo’s mouse and started to click away with the settings. Momo leaned back a little to give the girl some space but she couldn’t help but recall all the other times they had been this close before. Her mind flew back to the time in the dance studio, when they were cleaning the windows together, and a lot more little memories that scattered around.

 

“Oh, you can go get some new equipment with what you have” Mina said as she scrolled through Momo’s profile and looked through the older girl’s stats.

 

By now, Momo wasn’t concentrating at all. Her eyes had lingered on Mina and all the emotions she had tried to forget and suppress resurfaced. She had never thought that Mina needed to know how she really felt. Momo had hoped that she could pull through high school without ever needing to tell Mina anything, because she was going to be graduating soon anyway. It’ll blow over, was what she thought everyday. But it was different now. A thought that had never crossed her mind crossed by in this exact moment and she thought: is it okay to stay silent?

 

“You can just choose whatever is within your budget” Mina continued.

 

Momo slowly opened and the words slipped out, “I like you… more than a friend.”

 

The clicking of the mouse stopped and Mina turned away from the screen to look at Momo. Mina had never seen Momo so serious before. She knew this day was going to come but she never knew that Momo was going to be the one to start to instigate it. Honestly, Mina wasn’t prepared. She didn’t expect it to happen so soon, “Unnie I…”

 

Momo flashed a faint smile, “I know you don’t feel the same way. You like Sana right?”

 

She knew the whole time, Mina thought. Momo had held it in the whole time.

 

“You know what’s funny though? I knew from the moment I realized my feelings for you that it’d never work out but I stuck around you because it was more painful being away than knowing you would never love me back the way I love you.”

 

Mina felt horrible but she knew the feeling was inevitable, “I-I’m…”

 

Momo knew that Mina couldn’t find the words to say so to save her the struggle she decided to continue on, “You don’t need to teach me anymore. I wouldn’t be able to move on if I see you everyday and I’d hate to cause a misunderstan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter