Chapter Eleven

A School Love Affair
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey~ I'm here with an update! YAY! Thank you for all the support and comments (sorry I didn't reply for the last chapter, assignments messed me up a bit XD... but this update I will reply to as many as possible ^^). I hope you will enjoy this chapter :)

 

 

 

Chapter Eleven

 

 

Jihyo would say she was sharper than people would often give her credit for. She would notice many things going around her but simply chose not to talk about it, especially if it didn’t have a direct relation to her. However, it was hard to ignore what she was witnessing right now. She arrived early to school as usual, and only minutes later Sana and Mina had also arrived. The fact that Mina managed to arrive so early with Sana wasn’t the only thing that threw Jihyo off, however, after watching the two for a while she had realized that Sana wasn’t really talking to Mina. Now, that was what really threw Jihyo off.

 

“Hey…” Jihyo whispered as she leaned forward to Mina who sat in front of her, “Is Sana not feeling well?”

 

Mina didn’t bother looking back because she wasn’t playing to say anything anyway. She just shrugged as she continued to look through her biology textbook. Clearly, she wasn’t reading though considering the speed she was flipping the pages at.

 

“Do you want me to just turn on the AC?” Jihyo asked with a flat tone.

 

“Uh, what?” Mina stopped flipping pages and turned to look at Jihyo, “What?”

 

“Do you want me to turn on the AC?” Jihyo asked again, “Saves you the trouble of fanning yourself with the textbook.”

 

One could say that Mina still hasn’t ‘fully woken up,’ “But it’s not hot today…”

 

Jihyo sighed, “How can you sound so innocent?” she muttered before asking her first question again while she managed to get Mina’s attention. “Hey, is Sana not feeling well?” Jihyo asked for the second time.

 

“Sana?” Mina glanced over at the girl they had brought into conversation and sighed just seeing her, “I’m not sure but I think so…”  

 

“You think?” Jihyo asked, eyebrows rose.

 

Mina let out another sigh, “I think it’s all my fault too.”

 

Jihyo nodded, “So she’s in a bad mood then.”

 

“No…” Mina said, “I think she is.”

 

“You know she is,” Jihyo deadpanned.

 

Mina had let out her tenth sigh within the past hour and turned back around to continue speed flipping through her textbook. She had admitted defeat. Who can ever beat Jihyo in this stuff anyway? Maybe Tzuyu. “You’re right…” Mina agreed, “I don’t know what I need to do.”

 

Jihyo took a deep breath in and prepared for Mina’s consulting session, as she shuffled her seat over and sat by Mina’s desk she decided to get the whole story out before it was too late, “Okay spill it,” Jihyo ordered as she closed Mina’s textbook before the girl could flip anymore.

 

Mina had never been one to actively share things but she feels that it was only right to do so this time. She could only keep all these emotions in for so long. “I’ll keep it short” Mina said, deciding to give Jihyo a rundown.

 

“Okay.”

 

“I like Sana, and I think she likes me too, well, I pretty sure she does” Mina confessed quietly. It’d be bad if Sana heard them.

 

Jihyo nodded, “So…” she wasn’t seeing the issue, “What’s the problem? You both like each other.”

 

“Well…” Mina leaned in closer and lowered her voice even more, “She told me to prove it.”

 

“Okay, now why would she ask that?” Jihyo knew Sana, and Sana wasn’t the type of person to say those kinds of words unless Mina had done something fairly questionable.

 

Mina let out another sigh – and hopefully also her last for the morning – “A little incident happened between Momo unnie and I, so I think she misunderstood. Now she just doesn’t believe me.”

 

“Maybe you should start off by sorting things out with Momo then” Jihyo suggested.

 

“I should, shouldn't I?” Mina hadn’t planned to confront Momo about this but she was felt that it’d be better for all of them if it were done earlier than later. She needed to show Sana that she meant every word she said that day. But how would she break it to Momo? She was sure Momo would just laugh it off, but that just made the thought more painful. Momo would never say that she’s hurt.

 

“You probably shouldn’t worry too much about Sana’s side though,” Jihyo said.

 

Mina glanced over confused, “Why?”

 

“If she gets tired of waiting, she’ll tell you for sure” Jihyo smiled, “As long as you show her some kind of effort, she’ll accept you.”

 

Mina smiled; she wanted to believe in Jihyo’s words. But, she found Momo to be an obstacle that was more difficult to cross than expected. Was she really okay with hurting Momo for the bigger picture?

 

 

~

 

 

Tzuyu thought she’d feel better after insisting that she can get the bread alone but it turned out she only started to miss Nayeon more than she usually would. She had gotten so used to Nayeon’s rambling and energetic nature that now the wait just seemed way too dull. It had never felt this dull before she met Nayeon. But even if she felt this way, it was better this way too.

 

“You look bored…”

 

Tzuyu turned around to see the one person she had hoped wouldn’t show up too often, “Unnie…” Of course Nayeon would drop by out of nowhere. Why did Nayeon do that? Why didn’t she hang around Jungyeon when she needed to? Why did Nayeon always give Tzuyu the slightest hope that it might all work out?

 

“Why did you tell me to leave if you’d get this bored?” Maybe it was because waiting for everyone to arrive at the lunch table became too much of a drag or maybe it was because she actually just missed rambling on about random topics with Tzuyu, but she felt a strong urge to see Tzuyu just today, just this one day. She just wanted to see Tzuyu at the spot where they used to be again as they watched students fight over a single bread and would laugh at how ridiculous it was… where it used to be just the two of them.

 

“I thought it’d be better if I didn’t see you” Tzuyu replied staring at the crowd of students in front of her.

 

Nayeon didn’t like how that came out of Tzuyu’s mouth, “Why? You don’t like me?”

 

Tzuyu didn’t giv

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter