Chapter Five

A School Love Affair
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hello I'm here with Chapter Five :) YAAAAAAAY. Thanks for all the support so far~ Enjoy!

 

 

 

Chapter Five

 

 

“I thought you weren’t a big fan of crowds,” Chaeyoung said as she watched Dahyun walk into the cafeteria with the biggest smile on her face.

 

Dahyun shook her head, “I still like people though.”

 

It was obvious to everyone, but Dahyun, that the girl clearly started to develop a crush on Momo after that encounter in the classroom. Chaeyoung knew the moment Momo left the room and Tzuyu knew they moment Momo entered the room. Dahyun had experienced love at first sight, which Chaeyoung thought was absolutely ridiculous. 

 

“You’re here for Momo-sunbae aren’t you?” Chaeyoung found herself more and more on edge as well after the changes to their routines and knowing the reasons behind those changes.

 

Dahyun gave a sheepish smile, “No… I just want a change of scenery.”

 

Chaeyoung scoffed. Who would buy into that excuse? She had realized her slight changes in temper and, honestly, she didn’t know why she was becoming like this. It just bothered her, knowing that everything Dahyun does now was for Momo and every time Dahyun smiled now was also probably because of Momo. It wasn’t the most enjoyable information to know and she wished she had never noticed.

 

“Are you going to talk to her?” Tzuyu asked from behind.

 

“Talk to who?” Dahyun asked.


“Momo-sunbae.”

 

Dahyun shook her head, “What? No, no way.”

 

“Do you want to?” Tzuyu continued to ask. She had already spotted Momo’s table because she saw Nayeon and if Dahyun really wanted to talk to the blonde, it wasn’t a very difficult task. “They’re right there,” Tzuyu pointed out.

 

Dahyun blushed immediately, “No. No way. I can’t go up there.”

 

“Yeah, you can’t” Chaeyoung agreed, harsher than she had expected.

 

“Why not?” Tzuyu asked, not helping the situation. She had noticed Chaeyoung's growing feelings but it was none of her business. 

 

“Should I try? She seems really open so it should be fine right?” Positive Dahyun sure is positive.

 

Tzuyu shrugged, “I’ll go talk to Nayeon-unnie then.” She headed off towards the table alone and let Dahyun decide for herself whether she wanted to approach Momo or not.

 

Dahyun panicked inwardly, “Chaeng... come with me?”

 

Chaeyoung’s first response was, no way. But she could never reject Dahyun, “Sure…”

 

“Thank you” Dahyun smiled and took Chaeyoung by the hand, “Let’s go.”

 

Chaeyoung nodded and looked down at their hands. She looked away and saw that they were nearing the table Momo sat at. Dahyun’s hands slowly slipped out of hers as they were closing in. Chaeyoung felt her heart sink a bit as they stopped.

 

“Momo-sunbae?” Dahyun spoke.

 

The blonde looked up and smiled, “Oh! Tzuyu’s friend!”

 

Dahyun bowed, “I’m Kim Dahyun.”

 

Momo nodded, “Oh Dahyunnie! Sit, sit.”

 

Chaeyoung could see Dahyun light up at the use of a nickname and didn’t want to be there anymore. She just wanted to slip away. She didn’t want to see any of this. Why did she agree to come together with Dahyun again?

 

“Oh! Chaeyoung!”

 

It was too late for Chaeyoung to escape now that Momo had spotted her. She smiled and bowed as Momo acknowledged her presence, “Hi Momo-unnie.”

 

“Sit with us too!” Momo ushered the younger girl to sit next to Dahyun, who was sitting next to Momo.

 

Chaeyoung nodded and took the spare seat. A part of her was relieved that she was able to get a seat next to Dahyun even if Momo was on the other side. She looked around to see Tzuyu on the other side, standing and chatting with Nayeon. A shorthaired sunbae, who should be Jungyeon if Chaeyoung remembered correctly, would also join in the conversation once in while.

 

“Do you want some water Dahyunnie?” Momo asked enthusiastically.

 

Dahyun nodded shyly, “Yes please.”

 

Momo reached over for the bottle of water that was towards the middle of the table. Instinctively, Chaeyoung reached over just as fast. Some sort of competitive spirit took over and she didn’t even know what she was competing for. The two grabbed the bottle at the same time and Momo looked over to Chaeyoung, a little confused.

 

Chaeyoung gave a smile, “I’ll do it unnie.”

 

Momo nodded, “Okay…”

 

Dahyun just smiled, but she couldn’t ignore how Chaeyoung had been acting strange.

 

 

~

 

 

“I got called Thomas…” Jihyo whispered as she zoned out for the nth time during the day.

 

Sana skipped over to the friend’s desk and bent over, “What?” She had been seeing Jihyo muttering to herself ever since the morning and she really wanted to know what she was saying. Sana had never struggled so much to hear Jihyo because the girl usually never lacked volume when speaking.

 

“I got called Thomas…” Jihyo said again, this time a little louder.

 

“Thomas?” Mina walked over this time, “The train?”

 

Sana gasped and stared at Jihyo. She had never thought so before but now that she thinks about it, the resemblance was unreal. Whoever said it was genius. If only she paid more attention to Jihyo’s face before, “How could I not have seen that in you?”

 

Mina nodded, “You do look like Thomas.”

 

Jihyo was definitely more annoyed now, “You guys better never bring it up ever again.” Her usual volume was back, as she glared at her two friends.

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter