Chapter 7

The Devil Is Not So Black
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

      December 29, 2015

 

      Since that incident, Mark avoided Jackson. Mark only stood in his room, reading whatever he found, barely eating, since he wasn’t going downstairs, and the only food he could eat was the one that Jackson was leaving at his door. He lost a lot of weight, and he was sick, and thoughtful. He wasn’t sure of his feelings. He wasn’t sure of Jackson’s too. Why did Jackson kiss him? Was that a response to that childish kiss on the cheek? No, it can’t be that. And if it’s not that, why would Jackson like him? He was never nice to Jackson, because they hated each other. Or at least that’s what he thought. Maybe he left his guard down while living on Earth, but he can’t believe that Jackson started to like him since then. Mark can not accept that. It’s… Jackson is not like him. They are very different. Mark never had a kiss or a boyfriend since that kiss that transformed him into a badass demon. All that he wanted now were his wings and he wished he could fly all over the world to calm himself. But, he was trapped inside the house, on the second floor, aware of the fact that Jackson was below, sitting on the couch, drinking a glass of wine and calmly being himself.

      Jackson was confused, since the kiss wasn’t one sided. Every day he thinks of Mark. More than the fact that he actually likes Mark, the fact that he’s been locked in his room, not really eating, was worrying him a lot. Jackson knows that maybe Mark was a little taken aback.

      “Of course he was taken a aback! I’m a great kisser and my kiss was very sensual!”

      He said that loud. But then he remembered that the situation is serious. After Jackson read Mark’s diary, he thought that the kiss may be a great surprise, and that maybe Mark will be like he was in the past, because he really wanted to see that side of Mark. And he thought that Mark will like the kiss and he will fall for Jackson in 5 seconds and they will be happy forever. Well, dear Jackson, I’m sorry to announce you that it’s not really like that.

      Jackson was really sitting on the couch, drinking red wine and watching Inkigayo. His favorite boy group, GOT7, was performing their latest song, Confession Song. For a second, Jackson thought that he could do that for Mark… sometimes… But not now. Mark’s not okay now. And 2 seconds after he thought that, he rushed to Mark’s door.

“Of course Mark is not okay. Am I an idiot? Why I am just staying here?!”

      He knocked angry at the door, no one responding to him. After a few minutes he broke the door. Jackson wasn’t moving. He stood there, his face becoming pale. He was feeling like a rock. He saw Mark on the floor, not moving, and Jinyoung trying to wake him up. Jackson realized what was happening and ran to Mark.

“Mark! Mark! Wake up! Wake up, please! Don’t leave me, please!”

      Jackson was holding Mark, so he can see Mark’s face clearly. Mark opened his eyes for a second, looked into Jackson’s, and fell on Jackson’s shoulder.

“Go! Go downstairs and take care of him!” Jinyoung screamed at Jackson

“What should I do?!” Jackson never took care of someone

“There’s a list of things to do written in that book. Do the things step by step, and Mark will be fine.” Jinyoung told him

      Then Jackson carried Mark in his arms, put him on his bed, and searched the book. When he finally found it, he was reading it slowly so he can understand. He left the book next to Mark and went to the kitchen to fill a basin with cold water and grabbed a towel. He came back at Mark, he put the basin and the towel slowly on the floor. He approached Mark, and planted a shy kiss on Mark’s lips.

“Don’t worry, I’ll take care of you.”

      And after that he watered the towel and put in on Mark’s forehead. He ed Mark’s shirt and saw clearly how Mark lost weight.

“Idiot. I always left you food behind the door.”

      He kissed the part where Mark’s heart was, and massaged Mark’s body with some Chinese medicine he found inside. The next step he did was to feed Mark with water, and then some tea. But the problem was that he had to leave Mark alone while he was going to try to make the tea. He remembered of Jinyoung.

“Hey. Are you still here?”

“Fortunately, yes. I am.”

“Watch Mark while I’m making something for him.”

                  Jackson put water in a kettle, and started to read the instructions on the tea box. But that didn’t last long.

“Jackson! Jackson! Mark’s opening his eyes!”

      After he heard that, Jackson ran to his room and saw Mark conscious. His face was brighter and his heart happier. He held Mark’s hand, while kissing it. Mark was still not feeling good, but he felt good watching Jackson taking care of him. Jackson left again Mark alone with Jinyoung, while he was making not only some tea, but also a porridge. He even called a chef, in China, to ask how to do the porridge. After a hour of struggling with the tea and the porridge, he returned to the room. In the room was only Mark, without Jinyoung.

“Jin-… young… couldn’t…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter