Final

The Devil Is Not So Black
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Morning arrived once again at Jackson’s house. Lazily rubbing his eyes and stretching himself on the soft sheets, Jackson’s hand met something that, to him, seemed like his lover’s chest. Like he was seeing him for the first time ever, Jackson stared at Mark’s face, his hand involuntary reaching Mark’s tousled hair. Quickly after that, Jackson found himself kissing Mark on his forehead, while a big smile planted on his face, seeing that his angel is opening his eyes. Bewildered, not knowing what was really happening, Mark stared at Jackson until he realized how cute Jackson looked with his fluffy hair and covered his face with a pillow, holding his laughter.

 

“What? What? Is there something wrong with my face?” Jackson uncovered Mark’s face

“You’re just too cute for me. The first thing I can see in the morning is you, and you have to be this cute? I’m going to die.” Mark said while covering his face again

 

      Jackson’s cheeks suddenly turned red like a rose, sitting like a rock on his soft bed. Coming to his senses shortly after that, he tickled Mark until he uncovered his face and kissed him sweetly. Usually, the first thing they’d do in the morning was eating, because they love food more than anything else, but right now Jackson only wanted to keep Mark into his arms and meditate. His life was almost perfect. He got his bipolar-cute-handsome-funny-one of a kind boyfriend and he made him happier than ever. What could he want more? Oh, yes. It’s that thing.

 

“Get up, babe.” Jackson said as soon as Mark tried to open his eyes

“Nyawn. Do I have to wake up?” Mark impersonated a cat, cuddling in Jackson’s arms

“Unfortunately, yes. Don’t you think I want to keep you like this more time?”

“I hate this work. Truthfully.”

“I know, sweet heart. Me too. But we can do nothing yet.”

“I hope we can meet the boys soon…”

“Don’t worry, everything is going to be fine.”

 

      Jackson played with Mark’s hair a little more until he finally decided to dress up and take his leave. Mark was as fast as light and in no longer than 10 minutes he was ready and he left. “Another tiring work day.” It was their thought. But they had to endure it.

      As soon as Mark arrived at his work place, he had to deal with a group of angry demons who were yelling at each other, making a bigger fuss than the end of the world. Mark disliked to do this, but he had to use his powers to get in the center of the group and stare at them with angry eyes like fire could get out from there anytime. As soon as they saw Mark they calmed down. “Great.” Mark thought as he felt his head hurting. It hasn’t been 15 minutes since he arrived at work and yet he has a headache. The aspirin he brought from the Earth was not that useless after all.

      Jackson has, once again, to deal with kid demons. The noise was getting bigger and bigger, the children fighting over weapons, lava or stupid childish reasons. Since he liked to maintain his reputation, Jackson watched them until they realized his presence. As soon as they did, they shut their mouths immediately, standing in a line and waiting for Jackson’s salute. “Perfect.” Jackson liked when his orders were listened and his self-esteem was growing too.   

 

“Attention. Salute!” Jackson let out a powerful yell

 

      The only good thing in taking care of these kid demons was that Jackson could relax a little bit when they were eating, sleeping or playing in silence. In his free time he would think of that, wondering how to make a good plan. Anyway, the time flew fast, despite the fact that they hated what they were doing.

      Arriving at Mark’s house, they finally felt free from those stupid rules they had to respect during work time. Mark cooked something to eat and Jackson chose one of the best wines he brought over. Cuddling in each other’s arms, their fatigue seemed to fly away.

 

“Mark, I totally love your cooking. You should be a chef or something.”

“Aww, that’s so sweet from you. But that’s only some basic stuff, I don’t have enough power and energy to do advanced recipes.”

“You’ll have, I promise you.”

“Cheers. For… freedom!”

“Already? It’s too early! Let’s make a toast for love for now. I’ll remember to make one for freedom too, but later.

 

 

★★★

 

 

 

“Since it’s our day off , should we gather the boys and tell them the plan?” Jackson said out of the blue, breaking the sweet morning silence

“Should we do that?”

“Why not?”

“Let’s meet them in my garden, no one can hear us from there.”

“That’s perfect.”

 

      After cuddling a little more, the lazy majesties finally managed to get out from the bed, eat and dress. Since Coco was still sleeping, Mark left her some food in her bowl and quietly left.  

     Arriving at his garden gave Mark mixed feelings. It was the most beautiful moment of the year for his garden, where his oriel was surrounded by his favorite roses, diabolic black ones, and regular roses, red, pink and white. He never thought that he was ever going to sit there along with his close friends and even his rivals. Mark realized that a long time has passed and that he has changed a lot since he first built this garden. Also, after he was rejected that time, he never thought that he would ever be able to love someone again and he never thought he was going to open his heart again to someone. His old rival was now his lover, “The destiny is no joke, isn’t it?” he thought while admiring his garden. He put all his love in this garden, but now he wasn’t able to give it that much of it. There was a noisy blonde living thing who was actually absorbing every drop of love from him. And that thing was Jackson, who has pricked in roses thorns.

 

“Aouch. Mark, these things can hurt you.”

“No , Sherlock. Come here, let me treat that.”

“Look at you being all lovey dovey. So cute.” Jinyoung’s voice can be easily recognized

“Shut up, you’re cheesier than them.” Jaebum patted Jinyoung’s head

“I have to agree with that.” Mark said while laughing at Jinyoung

“Haha, so funny. So why did you call us here today?” Jinyoung said irritated

“Wait for the other to come and we are going to tell you guys everything.”

“I think Bam Bam’s going to bring Hyun Woo.” Jaebum said thoughtful

“No problem, we can take him too.” Jackson said confidently

“Take him? Where?”

“You’ll find out later, Jaebum. Now let’s wait for them.”

 

      Shortly after that, all of them appeared and, as Jaebum predicted, Bam Bam brought Hyun Woo with him, but that’s not a problem for either Mark or Jackson. They all sat down, looking confused as Mark started to talk. Jackson’s interferences were, of course, not needed, because they only confused the other boys more. Finally shutting his mouth up, Mark smoothly told them the entire … let’s call it problem.

 

“Jinyoung, I know you’re smart, I know you can come up with something good.” Mark cheered on Jinyoung

“Um, thanks but… I’m not sure I can really think of something good.”

“I’ll help him too, but… Let’s all think of something, and maybe we can make something from every opinion.” Jaebum got Mark’s attention

“We also thought of something, but since that already happened once, maybe it won’t be that believable.” Jackson interfered

“Our Hyun Woo is smart too, he can easily come up with something good!”

“Bam Bam, aren’t you moving too fast? ‘Our

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter